Mudgee to Mildura potential trip

rifraf

Re: Mudgee to Mildura potential trip

Postby rifraf » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:19 pm

[quote="il padroneSounds like you need to take a stretch on the Mawson Trail north of Adelaide. No trucks, it's really quiet camping and the risk of bike theft is minimal. :wink:

I'd suggest riding out of Adelaide to say, Tanunda in the Barossa Valley and pick up the trail from there*, following it all the way through Clare, Burra, Spalding, Melrose to Quorn at least. Then if you are heading west, ride the Pichi Richi Pass to Port Augusta

* The first section of the trail out of Adelaide is wickedly steep climbing into the Mt Lofty Ranges - if your rig with the trailer is heavy, you'll be walking and cussing. We rode on the Gorge Rd through Cudlee Ck to Birdwood (great car museum) and got onto the Mawson Trail a few kms after this.[/quote]

Sounds like a great idea IP.
Definitely in the food for thought part of the equation.
I mean who could resist going to see if that bottle of red in the photo is still there :wink:

I didnt get far yesterday.
Hills, heat and headwinds!
Didnt perturb me too much as having not slept too well the night before, I was happy to put the sleeping gear down
and have an early night.
Headwinds again this morning and the sign for 15km to Waikerie was a welcome excuse for a coffee stop and I found
the local library complete with computers with window (and bicycle) view.
I managed a good sleep last night though there was a bit of a scramble at some stage as a storm blew over necessatating a quick covering of bedding with tarp to keep dry.
The winds this morning did a good job of drying everything whilst breakfast (cup of soup, Deb (with onion) and sachet of Safcol Salmon with chilli oil, bowl of porridge) was prepared and eaten.
Its another clear blue sky today, hot and a bit blowy.
Better than yesterday though as its yet to be as hilly.
Time to consider lunch so I'll close here to consider my options. :)
Surly Ogre, Extrawheel trailer.

rifraf

Postby rifraf » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:30 pm

Toolish wrote:I can't comment on the rest of the trip but Euston to Mildura you will have no choice but to play with the traffic as the main road is the only option. It is reasonably flat and a pretty good road overall with a few rest areas and ok shoulder most of the way. If you come this way I might even head out the road a bit to help guide you in!
Hi Toolish,
sorry but I failed to get any net access on my approach to Mildura so was unable to let you know I was coming.
Appreciate your interest and offer to help guide me in.
I wish Mildura hadnt been so busy or I'd have considered staying a night or two and your input would have been invaluable.
Thanks for the offer anyway. :)

Baalzamon

Postby Baalzamon » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:10 pm

Well your getting closer everyday. Have you thought about tackling the Nullabor at all?
Masi Speciale CX 2008 - Brooks B17 special saddle, Garmin Edge 810

Wingnut

Postby Wingnut » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:05 pm

rifraf wrote:
Wingnut wrote:Hey Rifraf,

Sounds like you are having a great adventure! Look after yourself & that little Moulton bike of yours...
Hi Wingnut,
I'm having a blast.
Really enjoying the trip.
Lots of sunshine and meeting some nice people.
When are you taking a trip of your own?
How is the Troll?
Cheers :)
Hey Rifraf,

Troll is good, thinking of riding to Cactus beach at Penong SA with a surfboard on my BOB trailer...all depends on time free from study.

Enjoy the trip and look forward to the updates!

rifraf

Postby rifraf » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:27 pm

Baalzamon wrote:Well your getting closer everyday. Have you thought about tackling the Nullabor at all?
Hi Baalzamon,
Still thinking about it.
Its the most likely approach at this stage.
I'm dreading the thought of the headwinds so putting off final decision making.
I've had enough of the Stuart Hwy for a while and have decided to meander across some of the Barossa Valley to check out as many reds as I can sup.
I stopped in at Wolfblass this morning and sampled a few.
I grabbed a coffee and peacan pie tartlet, a bottle of white pinot gregio and a tawny port (purely for medicanal purposes of course).
Currently at the Nuriootpa library checking emails and forum updates.
I'm looking quite favourably on IP's suggestion of a sampling of the Mawson Trail, but am a little wary as the trailer has proven to make rough surfaces an
ardious "push".
The foothills up to Truro just about killed me, but I found a nice little campsite well off the road, halfway up a farmers driveway about 1km from the little township.
A nice breakfast of coffee and two hearty cornish pasties.
I had been feeling quite knackered from the ride/push yesterday but after my morning feast, I'm feeling quite refreshed.
I'm going to caravan park it tonight to catch up on some personal hygiene and some clothes washing.
I might make more than a dent on my Wolfblass collection, purely in an attempt to lighten the load of the trailer mind you.
Cant find the spell check on this computer so you'll have to bear with my waffles poor spelling.
Anyway the road is calling so I'm off to see if the caravan park is full or not.
Cheers

rifraf

Postby rifraf » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:32 pm

Wingnut wrote:
rifraf wrote:
Wingnut wrote:Hey Rifraf,

Sounds like you are having a great adventure! Look after yourself & that little Moulton bike of yours...
Hi Wingnut,
I'm having a blast.
Really enjoying the trip.
Lots of sunshine and meeting some nice people.
When are you taking a trip of your own?
How is the Troll?
Cheers :)
Hey Rifraf,

Troll is good, thinking of riding to Cactus beach at Penong SA with a surfboard on my BOB trailer...all depends on time free from study.

Enjoy the trip and look forward to the updates!
Dont do what I do and spend too much time thinking about it.
Maybe do it in shorter day rides and afternoon studying?
Either way, make your trip a reality as soon as you can without sacrificing your important study.
The trailer and surfboard trip sounds a blast.
I'll be interested to hear about the effects of wind on your setup.
Hopefully the deck wont turn into a wing on any crosswinds.
Look forward to reading about one of your journeys.
cheers :)

Baalzamon

Postby Baalzamon » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:36 pm

rifraf wrote:
Baalzamon wrote:Well your getting closer everyday. Have you thought about tackling the Nullabor at all?
Hi Baalzamon,
Still thinking about it.
Its the most likely approach at this stage.
I'm dreading the thought of the headwinds so putting off final decision making.
Headwinds across the nullabor in May are most likely a non event. Wind rose data indicates Northerly in the morning (AT) ceduna and S or S/W in the afternoon. Even better towards Nullabor.
Masi Speciale CX 2008 - Brooks B17 special saddle, Garmin Edge 810

rifraf

Postby rifraf » Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:30 pm

Had a change of plans as the first and second campgrounds were full and told me the rest of the Barossa valley
would be the same (booked solid for Easter).
I cycled through to Gawler and found a caravan park there with some space.
Great to wash the days of grime from myself and smell a bit fresher.
Its a lesson to me not to plan stays at caravan parks at public or school holidays.
Lucky for me, Gawler has just reopened its railway station.
I had a day off doing anything yesterday and was just in chill mode for the day, catching up with some
cloths washing and replacing the "J-bend" in my front brake cable with a flexie one.
Turning the handle bars would make the cable shorten and the front brakes would squeal before but cured now
and all quiet.
Very windy day yesterday which made me glad I wasnt riding.
On the dual lane approach toward Adelaide - well Gawler at least, the "hard shoulder" surface was terrible.
Multiple surfaces and heights of those surfaces, as well as terribley rough and poorly chipped.
Busy traffic conditions and 110km limits meant I was left with the hard shoulder for most of the way with occasionally being able to ride the white line when there was a break in the traffic.
The campground kindly offered to look after my bike and trailer today, so I took advantage of their generous offer to
catch the train into Adelaide.
26 stops I believe, although we didnt stop at every single one, but we did stop at most of them.
Roughly 52mins duration of journey.
I went to the markets and had lunch at the Asian food court.
I tried a new dish I hadnt tried before but wasnt impressed so wont be getting their particular chillied chicken
dish again.
Too oily and mostly chicken fat and gristle rather than flesh/meat.
The libraries are closed for the Easter period so I found an internet provider on Grote Street about a block from
the closed public library.
No fixed plans currently.
I think I'll stay in the vacinity for a few days, finding an open information center and looking at Adelaide proper.
Today is just an attempt at getting here with some orientation.
Suggestions for things to look at greatly appreciated (please keep in mind, a very limited budget so more looking for freebies and photo opportunities of things specifically Adelaide).
I found Coles, so am able to buy some food items to start to restock my larder a little more knowledgabley than before.
I'm taking tubes of condenced milk now instead of powder in an attempt to take up less room in my panniers and less
weight. :)

rifraf

Postby rifraf » Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:36 pm

Baalzamon wrote:
Headwinds across the nullabor in May are most likely a non event. Wind rose data indicates Northerly in the morning (AT) ceduna and S or S/W in the afternoon. Even better towards Nullabor.
Course tis April now.
I know as I've been cursing the fact I've aged yet another year.
I'm not 44 as of the 5th, but merely 18 with 26 years experience.
Actually an email reminded me the other day.
I celebrated with my neighbours in the caravan park with a very nice Pinot Gregio (white wine) and
bottle of Tawny Port I picked up from the Wolfblass winery where I stopped. :)

Max

Mudgee to Mildura potential trip

Postby Max » Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:05 am

Happy birthday, rifraf :D

Max

----------
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk. All typos are Auto-Correct's fault, not mine ;)
One of the best things about bicycle commuting is that it can mitigate the displeasure of having to go to work. - BikeSnobNYC
Cycling is sometimes like bobbing for apples in a bucket full of dicks. - SydGuy

WarrenH

Postby WarrenH » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:37 am

A belated Happy Birthday Rif'.

Riding into Hay was the low point of your trip so far, you mentioned? ... and at Gunbar you would have seen the turnoff to Booligal and passed Hell's Gate on the Sturt?

You aren't the only one who has found that black soil and saltbush plain a difficult place to be. Despite it being the flattest place on earth.

"We'd have to stop!" With bated breath
We prayed that both in life and death
Our fate in other lines might fall:
"Oh send us to our just reward
In Hay or Hell, but, gracious Lord,
Deliver us from Booligal!" ... AB Patterson, written about 1900.

It was a good move not taking the Booligal turnoff then ... possibly the unknown highlight of your trip?

When that tail wind finally kicks in, don't ride too fast in it. One doesn't want to turn a favourable tail wind into an unfavourable increase in the apparent wind and have that working against you. Every long distance rider has a story about how they blew a favourable tail wind from a rush of blood, when trying to take too much advantage from one ... and they ended up riding a far lesser distance for the day. Just a reminder.

Fair tail winds.

Warren.
"But on steep descending...Larson TT have bad effect on the mind of a rider" - MadRider from Suji, Korea 2001.

"Paved roads ... another fine example of wasteful government spending." - a bumper sticker.

rifraf

Postby rifraf » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:02 am

Max wrote:Happy birthday, rifraf :D

Max
Thanks Max :D

rifraf

Postby rifraf » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:04 am

WarrenH wrote:A belated Happy Birthday Rif'.

Riding into Hay was the low point of your trip so far, you mentioned? ... and at Gunbar you would have seen the turnoff to Booligal and passed Hell's Gate on the Sturt?

You aren't the only one who has found that black soil and saltbush plain a difficult place to be. Despite it being the flattest place on earth.

"We'd have to stop!" With bated breath
We prayed that both in life and death
Our fate in other lines might fall:
"Oh send us to our just reward
In Hay or Hell, but, gracious Lord,
Deliver us from Booligal!" ... AB Patterson, written about 1900.

It was a good move not taking the Booligal turnoff then ... possibly the unknown highlight of your trip?

When that tail wind finally kicks in, don't ride too fast in it. One doesn't want to turn a favourable tail wind into an unfavourable increase in the apparent wind and have that working against you. Every long distance rider has a story about how they blew a favourable tail wind from a rush of blood, when trying to take too much advantage from one ... and they ended up riding a far lesser distance for the day. Just a reminder.

Fair tail winds.

Warren.
Thanks Warren :D

rifraf

Postby rifraf » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:24 am

Hi All!,
I've been having some R&R in Adelaide as well as checking out the sights and scents of this city.
I've spent days in Glenelg, Port Adelaide, and Brighton to name a few.
I was hoping my ribs would have settled down by now but they are still losing me sleep, although they are starting to quiet.
In frustration I got some x-rays done today and yes there is some fractures which accounts for the tears in my eyes when
I sneeze, cough and even sometimes when I pass wind
Nice to know I wasn’t imagining it and a load off my shoulders as far as internal damage.
No cures or relief for ribs cept time. I was worried about internal organs but all tests showed no apparent problems
and the docs have encouraged me to continue my journey as heavy breathing through exercise apparently helps in these cases
to ward off infection and pneumonia.
I've enjoyed Adelaide. Glenelg and Brighton are seaside suburbs with Glenelg in particular a visual symphony of eclectic
architecture incorporating styles of old and new.
Port Adelaide is a "Heritage" area mainly untouched by developers and interesting from the point of view that it looks mainly
as it would have done in my parents day although its starting to look a little dilapidated (no offense intended to locals).
The weather has been extremely kind. The public transport is cycle friendly and I've had no problems taking my bike to various suburbs for free after peak hours.
The caravan park in Gawler was really over my budget at $25 per night but is a very friendly place to stay and the staff couldn’t be more helpful or accommodating.
Time for me to hit the pedals again, so in the next couple of days I'll be tickling off once more :)
Last edited by rifraf on Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

rifraf

Postby rifraf » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:40 am

il padrone wrote:Sounds like you need to take a stretch on the Mawson Trail north of Adelaide. No trucks, it's really quiet camping and the risk of bike theft is minimal. :wink:

I'd suggest riding out of Adelaide to say, Tanunda in the Barossa Valley and pick up the trail from there*, following it all the way through Clare, Burra, Spalding, Melrose to Quorn at least. Then if you are heading west, ride the Pichi Richi Pass to Port Augusta

* The first section of the trail out of Adelaide is wickedly steep climbing into the Mt Lofty Ranges - if your rig with the trailer is heavy, you'll be walking and cussing. We rode on the Gorge Rd through Cudlee Ck to Birdwood (great car museum) and got onto the Mawson Trail a few kms after this.
Whilst I'm still open minded about this way to Port Augusta, I'm not impressed with the 5x $8.75 maps (needed) on offer from Bicycle SA.
My budgets already sorely tested from my extended stay in the City of Adelaide, although I'm currently being put up in the area of the southern beaches (lucky me).
Would I get away without the official maps do you think?
I'm kinda tired and grumpy currently due to my lack of sleep over the last week and probably being too fussy and pedantic.
I'll find an information center and make another trip to the library to look at some more maps of northern Adelaide.
At least I know how to make my way back to Gawler.
I also know now that I shouldnt have been on the Stuart Hwy approach to the city although Bicyle SA staff wernt able to
tell me where the official cut off point is and I didnt spot any signs on my journey in. :roll:
Not to suggest that the staff were anything but helpful and friendly - they were :!:

il padrone

Postby il padrone » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:57 pm

rifraf wrote:I was hoping my ribs would have settled down by now but they are still losing me sleep, although they are starting to quiet.
In frustration I got some x-rays done today and yes there is some fractures which accounts for the tears in my eyes when
I sneeze, cough and even sometimes when I pass wind
Mr rifraf, what ever have you done to yourself?? I didn't see a post about this injury :o

If they are cracked ribs then stock up on the Panadeine Forte because they'll continue to bother you for up to six weeks :(
rifraf wrote:the docs have encouraged me to continue my journey as heavy breathing through exercise apparently helps in these cases
to ward off infection and pneumonia.
Just make sure you don't come down with a bad cold. Coughing will be a real problem ---> Panadeine Forte
rifraf wrote:I've enjoyed Adelaide. Glenelg and Brighton are seaside suburbs with Glenelg in particular a visual symphony of eclectic
architecture incorporating styles of old and new.
Port Adelaide is a "Heritage" area mainly untouched by developers and interesting from the point of view that it looks mainly
as it would have done in my parents day although its starting to look a little dilapidated (no offense intended to locals).
Adelaide is noice in a lot of ways. I only explored the CBD when we were there, but found some very nice eateries, and there is a great cafe in North Adelaide, near a pub.

Yep, here it is.

rifraf wrote:Whilst I'm still open minded about this way to Port Augusta, I'm not impressed with the 5x $8.75 maps (needed) on offer from Bicycle SA.
My budgets already sorely tested from my extended stay in the City of Adelaide, although I'm currently being put up in the area of the southern beaches (lucky me).
Would I get away without the official maps do you think?
We did not buy the 'offficial' maps. General touring maps for the Mid-north of SA, and the Flinders Ranges, produced by Cartographics, were generally very good. These would be available in tourist information centres or newsagencis in Adelaide or towns along the trail. They show all roads with accurate names and have the Mawson and Heysen (walking) trails clearly marked. We only missed the correct turns for it in one or two places, partly because I did not keep the map in a handlbar bag map-case for immediate reference. Mainly what you will miss will be details of campsite suggestions (out of towns) and the couple of huts that are available for use along the trail. These huts are excellent facilities to use BTW - one is at Mt Bryan East, another nearby at Hallet in the old raiway station, and there are also one or two huts in the Bundaleer Forest. We mostly camped in town caravan parks for easier access to supplies.
Mandatory helmet law?
"An unjustified and unethical imposition on a healthy activity."

rifraf

Postby rifraf » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:33 am

il padrone wrote:Mr rifraf, what ever have you done to yourself?? I didn't see a post about this injury :o
rifraf wrote:I just got into Berri.
The inability to find internet access whilst on the move is more than frustrating for me.
I've had almost no phone coverage as my phone is old and not 3g.
I'm at a Service Station whose internet has gobbled $10 for about 5 page changes which is doing wonders for my sense of humour.
I'm thinking about heading to Adelaide for a couple of days as I've not seen it before.
I've been told theres a couple of ways in.
Suggestions would be much appreciated.
I"m hoping that the next town has some net access.
I'll spend the night at at caravan park for a change and do some washing of clothes and body and enjoy a shave.
Took a spill outside of Mildura which has seen me with some very sore ribs.
Thick bulldust on a corner saw me sprawled.
Look forward to any replies if you've time.
Hope your enjoying your weekend.
I'm loving my trip (cept for the ribs). :)
All good IP.
I've damaged ribs before.
This was particulary painful though and I was more worried about a possible internal injury.
My grasp on physiology is a little slim and although I wasnt coughing blood nor urinating it, I decided to get checked
out due to the duration and intensity of the discomfort.
Wonderful care by the staff at the Noarlunga Hospital.
I can cope with the pain but it was the worry that was costing me sleep - load off my mind now so feeling releaved.
The Panadeine Forte is exactly what I'll grab if I find the pain becoming a bigger issue - thanks for the tip.
As for coughing being a problem..... Its actually sneezing due to unfamiliar pollen in the air (I think).
It was definitely bringing water to my eyes each time - the pain was exquisite.
Each time I got off a bus, tram or train I'd sneeze...... and when I managed to recover my senses, I'd swear.
Shocked a few people I think inadvertantly. :oops:

il padrone

Postby il padrone » Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:03 pm

rifraf,

Guess you've left Adelaide now but if you do post back here, I meant to add, the passcodes for the Mt Bryan East schoolhouse and the Hallett railway station accommodations are the local postcodes for each area. If you should happen to go that way and want to stay there.
Mandatory helmet law?
"An unjustified and unethical imposition on a healthy activity."

rifraf

Postby rifraf » Tue May 08, 2012 12:07 pm

il padrone wrote:rifraf,

Guess you've left Adelaide now but if you do post back here, I meant to add, the passcodes for the Mt Bryan East schoolhouse and the Hallett railway station accommodations are the local postcodes for each area. If you should happen to go that way and want to stay there.
Hi IP,
Thanks heaps for that tip.
Wishing to take it easy on the ribs, I've opted for heading up the highway and plan to return to the Mawson Trail, to do in depth at
a later date. :)

rifraf

Postby rifraf » Tue May 08, 2012 12:14 pm

Hi everyone,
just about to leave Kimba, heading towards Wudinna.
Internet access has been sporodic.
Really enjoying my journey so far.
Got waylaid in Adelaide for a while but after itching to hit the road, I'm back to grinding the pedals.
Ribs much better now and no pain cept for the odd twinge.
I'm having a great time.
Just stocked up at the local IGA on some metho, porridge, honey etc.
Found out where the local library was (at school) and decided to try to knock out a few of my emails.
Impossible to catch up with them all.
Iron Knob was a pleasant place to stop for lunch.
Lots of rainwater available for replenishing of water bottles and should you want to stay overnight then a
donation box is provided.
No shops cept for a takeaway so dont count on restocking any supplies.
Great to get the water though for me.
I'll try to get some net access at Wudinna and leave some more in depth observations.
Happy Spinning :)

RonK

Postby RonK » Tue May 08, 2012 12:31 pm

Hi riraf, good to hear your injuries are on the mend, and you are making progress. Look forward to your next update. Cheers. :D
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...

Max

Postby Max » Tue May 08, 2012 8:13 pm

Good to hear you're feeling better, rifraf :D

Max
One of the best things about bicycle commuting is that it can mitigate the displeasure of having to go to work. - BikeSnobNYC
Cycling is sometimes like bobbing for apples in a bucket full of dicks. - SydGuy

rifraf

Postby rifraf » Thu May 10, 2012 3:29 pm

Max wrote:Good to hear you're feeling better, rifraf :D

Max
RonK wrote:Hi riraf, good to hear your injuries are on the mend, and you are making progress. Look forward to your next update. Cheers. :D
Thanks for the kind words.

Wow Pt. Augusta had loads of broken glass on the road everywhere - more than any other town I've riden through.
Not surprised there is a blanket alcohol ban in that town.
I got bumped by a car from behind as I was exiting the supermarket but managed to stay upright.
No apparant damage and the driver was suitabley apologetic so I was able to keep the temper in check.

Leaving Pt. Augusta, I think just before the Nutbush Retreat, I came across a little memorial about 20 metres from the road.
It was for a hermit like fella who was famous for living at that spot for many a year.
He was known as "Little Joe".
There was a notebook inside a tin breadbox with a laminated newpaper death notice and a photocopied newpaper article on how
Joe, who was almost blind and hard of hearing, lived rough at the spot.
There was loads of nice messages in the notebook from people who had come across Joe at some stage and were sorry to see the icon of the road now gone.

Free camping in town at Kimba, but dont make the same mistake I made and stay at the one, of two free camping spots, where the highway crosses the railway
line and then a sharp left turn to run beside the camp/park.
The trucks slowing down and doing a hard left didnt aid the sleeping.
Clean toilets to have a sink wash was a nice bonus.
Theres an IGA supermarket across the road though so no worries when I noticed I'd run out of tea bags.
There I found, or it found me, the famed large soldier ants. I was packing up in the morning and felt the jolt of one of the damn things
hanging off my big toe which was socked but in thongs (jandals).
Holy hell they can bite. I tried flicking it off a couple of times with my finger without success but had more luck when I ripped off my sock, I'm sure
much to the amusement of the few other campers I was sharing the site with.

The weather is warm again now I've left the early cold of Adelaide.

Kimba to Wudinna was a nightmare of hills and headwind and I only managed around 30km the first day.
The following day (yesterday) was full of long rising inclines but made bearable by the winds not being too severe.
I made the 70 something kms by very late afternoon by promising myself a couple of longnecks of stout as a reward.
Some kind Grey Nomads were kind enough to stop and hand me a handful of hard candies when I was pushing over one of the more
arduous hills.
Definitely gave me some more steam to plod on.
I was absolutely wrecked upon arrival and had barely enough energy to walk to the bottle o' to grab my stout.
Sleep came very easy last night - I dont think I really needed the second bottle as I was probably quite dehydrated enough from the ride
so it hit me like a ton of bricks. :)

Just been walking around town (Wudinna) and spotted that the Mobil service station offers free showers as well toilet facilities, which is great for those on a fixed budget who desire to bypass caravan parks as much as possible.
Hope this helps someones situation.
Same Mobil station sells large tubes (1 fluid Oz) of Slime valcanising fluid ($5).
I grabbed one as I think my Park tube (small) of vulcanising fluid has evaporated in the heat.
I repaired my third puncture today (of my trip). It was on the front tyre and as per the others (one each, front and rear), no physical evidence of what caused it.
Its not in the same position as the one before it so I know its not a matter of me being unobservant and lazy in my search.

Again being away from a major town I've again no cell phone coverage.
Pt Augusta was my last phone call.
I'm hoping Ceduna will have some coverage to make my ancient Nokia 5510 ring out and/or accept calls. :|

Toolish

Postby Toolish » Thu May 10, 2012 8:22 pm

Sorry I missed you mate. Week of the Ulysses AGM was crazy up here so you did a good job getting through here at all!

rifraf

Postby rifraf » Fri May 11, 2012 11:11 am

Toolish wrote:Sorry I missed you mate. Week of the Ulysses AGM was crazy up here so you did a good job getting through here at all!
Hi Toolish,
No worries, just means we'll have to sink two beers on my next trip through instead of one :lol:
My arm got sore returning all the waves I got from the motorcyclists in plauge proportions heading your way.
A few stopped for a chat and I met some at the rest stops along the way.
Seeing some of the great bikes almost made me miss ownership of my 1952 G80S Matchless I used to get about on.
Still I got funny money for it and ownership was worrysome by way of security as I'd not been home much around the time.
Really appreciated the offer of a meet up.
Cheers