Folding Bikes first Flight

All about touring, whether you are a local or visiting from overseas.

Folding Bikes first Flight

Postby Vintagetourer » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:50 am

My wife and I have had Bike Friday touring bikes for a while but until recently had not tried transporting them by plane. Our first tryout was a short trip to Brisbane from Canberra using Qantas. I am pleased to report that the bike handling as luggage part of the trip was very easy. A short article, with pics, about the experience is here:
http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/11075
Vintagetourer

by BNA » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:37 pm

BNA

Re: Folding Bikes first Flight

Postby RonK » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:37 pm

Hi Graham. Had I known you were in town I could have met you for a coffee - at GOMA you were but the length of the Kurilpa Bridge from my apartment building.
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...
RonK

Re: Folding Bikes first Flight

Postby Vintagetourer » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:22 pm

RonK wrote:Hi Graham. Had I known you were in town I could have met you for a coffee - at GOMA you were but the length of the Kurilpa Bridge from my apartment building.

Thanks for the offer Ron. Next time perhaps. This quick visit just wetted our appetite. We wished our visit was longer and we want to go back. You are not short of good eating and coffee places in that area. It's packed with good spots and we discovered that bikes are the best way to get around the sights. I printed off the cycle way maps before the trip but didn't need to refer to them at all. We just followed the signs, the paths, our noses and referred to the iPhone occasionally. Getting around central Brisbane on our Bike Fridays was easy and enjoyable.
Vintagetourer

Return to Touring Australia