Andy_Roo's Aussie Oddysey

All about touring, whether you are a local or visiting from overseas.

Andy_Roo's Aussie Oddysey

Postby Andy_Roo » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:45 am

Hi Everyone,

I have posted on this forum once or twice but most of you don't know me. I have been planning a round Austraila bike trip for a while and received lots of help and advice from people on this forum as well as many others.

For those who are interested I will be starting my trip from Sydney in about a week from now. I am writing a blog on http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/?doc_id=4128. There's not much there yet but once i start my trip I will add more stuff.

If anyone is riding a similar route at a similar time and wants to join up with me please get in touch.

Regards
Andy_Roo

(Link activated by mod)
Andy_Roo

by BNA » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:49 pm

BNA

Postby Crank » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:49 pm

Great keep us/me posted and when you get in to W.A. let me know..
Most of all have fun and enjoy... :D :D
Crank

Postby Andy_Roo » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:44 am

Slight delay in starting my trip due to a big crash.
I was trying out my fully loaded bob trailer for balance and handling near home. I had been going up and down a hill getting the feel of things and increasing speed on each run.
Coming downhill at about 50km/h on a very slight bend I needed to brake for a car which hesitated and then came slowly out of a side street. The trailer basically jacknifed on me and threw me off, landing on my head and right side. The helmet was totalled and the impact knocked me unconscious, but no lasting head injuries thank god. The shoulder was not so lucky. I broke my collarbone and a couple of ribs which should heal okay in about 4-6 weeks.
So I am delayed by at least a month. Will post more info about the crash for others to read and comment in a seperate thread.
Andy_Roo

Return to Touring Australia