Cycling Sydney to Brisbane

All about touring, whether you are a local or visiting from overseas.

Cycling Sydney to Brisbane

Postby dmd » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:54 pm

Hey people,

I am thinking of cycling from Sydney to Brisbane around Jan 09. I have done a cycling tour before from Hanoi to Bangkok however I haven't done anything in Australia. I have had a read over the forum however a lot of the information may be outdated.

I know in Jan there will most likely be rain and it will be hot - but thats okay. That won't worry me too much. My main concern is traffic and a small area on the side of the road to cycle on. And some areas where on the highway where bicycles may not be permitted.

Considering I haven't really driven from Sydney to Brisbane let alone cylcle, I would love some advice - about safety on the road and routes. I just purchased the lonely planet cycling book however it is rather out of date it will still give me something to work with.

If anyone could give me some pointers it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much.

David
dmd

by BNA » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:17 am

BNA

Postby banjo » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:17 am

David, I'm in Eden at the moment on the way to Brisbane from Melbourne up the coast. We are about a week away from starting the Sydney to Brisbane leg. I'll try and post some good feedback on the route when we finish at the end of October.

banjo
banjo

Return to Touring Australia