Our planned second trip to OZ

mbev51

Re: Our planned second trip to OZ

Postby mbev51 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:27 pm

If anyone is interested in doing this journey starting late oct, it'll take me about 3 weeks to Canberra, then a few days sightseeing then perhaps 9 days to Albury, then public transport back to Melbourne. Perhaps 5 weeks in all. I'll be on a hard tail mountain bike. Will have 1 day off in 3 or 4 cycling days. If anyone is interested PM me.

mbev51

Re: Our planned second trip to OZ

Postby mbev51 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:25 pm

Hi
I got no offers for a travelling companion! My wife has decided shes doing the trip, I've had to conceed the last 3 weeks or so we will leave the bikes in Melbourne and hire a campervan and do some touring. The first 5 weeks hopefully we will be cycle touring. Still thinking the same route. Getting out of Melbourne the most bike friendly way is somethimg that I'm looking at at the moment. Been looking at the Airport tourist village Melbourne as a possible place to stay for the first three nights. It has a free airport shuttle so could carry the cycles still in the boxes. The moonee ponds cycle shared track is close by so we should be ok for getting away, unfortunately it goes south down to the harbour area. We are heading east, we may be able to connect with a bike friendly route from it.