Esperance to Albany [Western Australia] 750 kms in 10 Days

Aushiker

Re: Esperance to Albany [Western Australia] 750 kms in 10 Days

Postby Aushiker » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:05 pm

DAY 11 [POST 07] THURSDAY DECEMBER 14 - CHEYNES BEACH TO ALBANY

The last day of riding today, so my 10th day of actual riding. Two days of travelling to and from the ride. The day started out well, had a little hiccup followed by another little hiccup so I ended up changing my plans for the last section into Albany and stuck to more bitumen riding than initially planned. All up 77.7 km with an elapsed time of 11 hours.

My first substantive sighting of my destination, Albany. It was so close yet so far with 20 km to ride in to the infamous Albany Doctor: a southern ocean headwind.

Peace at home; peace in the world. This statute in remembrance of the Battle of Gallipoli and the Turkish President, Ataturk marks the end of my unconventional ride from Esperance to Albany, Western Australia.

}SkOrPn--7

Postby }SkOrPn--7 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:59 pm

Just beautiful Andrew you know looking at all your pictures makes me realise I don't take enough pictures of my own or more to the point I'm a crap photographer. I for some reason stop take it all in and really enjoy what is in front of me then store those memories in my head. I get back look at my own images and my memories are far more wonderful to me than ever the pictures I take. I look back and say to myself that image at the time was spectacular hence me taking a photo but the photo now is rubbish. I really applaud you guys that know your photographic work and bring that image to life so the viewer can enjoy.

Thanks Andrew

Ricky

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:29 pm

Thanks Ricky for your comments.