South Coast to Jindy area route suggestions

Dbeckham66

South Coast to Jindy area route suggestions

Postby Dbeckham66 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:08 am

Hi ...looking at riding from South Coast upto Jindabyne area. So Tathra/Merimbula or Bega - using back roads upto the mountains. anyone have any suggested routes or strava links would be awesome. Doesn't have to be quickest route and can be pretty flexible. Thanks in advance

find_bruce

Re: South Coast to Jindy area route suggestions

Postby find_bruce » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:06 pm

Here is one way to do it Merimbula to Mt Kosciuszko return. Mere mortals might take a bit longer than the 24 hours Jono did it in :wink:
It doesn't get easier, you just get slower

donnaeastman

Postby donnaeastman » Wed May 09, 2018 6:54 pm

find_bruce wrote:Here is one way to do it Merimbula to Mt Kosciuszko return. Mere mortals might take a bit longer than the 24 hours Jono did it in :wink:
Thanks for the link. This is a big help since I was also planning for a new routes.

robbo mcs

Postby robbo mcs » Wed May 09, 2018 8:04 pm

I've done the run from Bombala to jindy quite a few times. A few pointers.

The road from Bombala to to the snowy river way turnoff is quite busy, but apart from that short run, the roads are very quiet and great riding.
The prevailing winds are generally westerly, and can be quite strong. The terrain is generally quite open and windswept, so the west bound trip tends to be reasonably hard. Best to avoid windy days on the west run
"Beloka", which is the climb between dalgety and Jindy is short (3km), but really quite steep. Tough with a loaded bike
There is not much civilisation at all between Bombala and Jindy. Dalgety has a small cafe (post office), pub, toilets and some taps at the sports ground. Otherwise there is nowhere to fill a bottle that I know off between Bombala and Jindy, so be prepared