Bike fit in Hobart... any recommendations?

m@

Bike fit in Hobart... any recommendations?

Postby m@ » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:03 pm

My knees haven't really improved since injuring them earlier this year, despite reducing the amount of riding I've been doing and spending many hours tweaking my bike fit... so while I'm having some enforced downtime, I figured I should look at a professional fit to make sure I don't do any more damage once I do start riding again. Does anyone know of a legendary Steve-Hogg-esque bike fit pro in Hobart (or elsewhere in Tassie FTM)? Or does anyone have experiences, good or bad, at any of the local bike shops? I know that as a Specialized dealer Ray Appleby have all the gear, but frankly I'd rather avoid giving them my business...
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe

RobRollin

Re: Bike fit in Hobart... any recommendations?

Postby RobRollin » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:39 pm

Yeah I was going to say Appleby but I know why you wouldn't go there.!!! :evil: But if you were to talk to Rey himself I think it would work out alright, just the guys working there are :twisted:

The other stores claim a good bike fit, If you wanted a accurate adjustment then I would have to say go there, if your looking for a reasonable bike fit then go to BikeRide in town. $60 for a fit, shoes, bike, knicks, check cleats, pedal motion, fore aft seat height, flexability range and purpose of the bike and go from there, takes 30mins-1hr. Has to be booked in.

m@

Postby m@ » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:56 pm

Cheers, reckon I'll probably end up at Appleby's... Think it was Ray I spoke to who tried to put me on a 54cm frame though (2007 floorstock) - measured inseam while I was in jeans etc which didn't exactly fill me with confidence! Nice bloke though - certainly less 'tude than some of the younger guys there!
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe

Grog

Postby Grog » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:11 pm

G'day m@,

Just a thought, tried contacting & asking anyone at the TIS?
http://www.tis.tas.gov.au/

Cheers, Grog

RobRollin

Postby RobRollin » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:46 am

Hey M@

I went into Appleby last night, I wanted to see how much a proper bike fit would be for my new bike. $150, they set the bike up for what sort of riding you want to do, racing, encurance, sprinting, climbing, check your cleat posistion, posistion of the seat, stem, drop to the handlbars, take your inseam, arm length, crank length etc.