Mid week mid day riding around Hobart

Mid week mid day riding around Hobart

Postby master6 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:00 pm

Who goes riding during the day , mid week, around Hobart? Where do you go, how far, what time, alone or with others.
master6

by BNA » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:13 am

BNA

Re: Mid week mid day riding around Hobart

Postby m@ » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:13 am

When I was in Hobart - I rode along Main Rd then back via the bike path a few days a week, usually solo at lunch time. if the weather was fine I'd sometimes head for fern tree instead, or along the channel highway for something different. For a while I rode with a group to Nieka via Strickland once a week - but that was a fast group so I dropped out after a couple of months.
There are four phases of bicycle commuting; first there's fear, then rage, then self-righteousness and finally, fun.
-Yehuda Moon
m@
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby RobRollin » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:21 am

During the day, there isn't many groups around, maybe at lunch a quick spin along the bike track. But if you want a decent ride, out to Granton and return via the bike path. From the city over Bonnet Hill to Kingston, back via the southern outlet or go down to Blackmans Bay and return Bonnet Hill. Both are nice rides, the pace is up to you.
RobRollin

Postby Baldy » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:34 pm

Sometimes...

Mostly just spur of the moment, spare few hours, weather looks ok...body feels ok....I go.

Sometimes I don't know where I am going until I am halfway there :wink:

The only regular rides Ive been doing are the Ken Self rides on Mondays and Thursdays[6pm at the shop]

cheers
Baldy
Baldy

Postby RobRollin » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:05 pm

You still riding on a Monday night? Are they going via Bonnet or out to Granton?
RobRollin

Postby Baldy » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:55 am

Yeah ive only missed a couple of rides since I started[was working at Bagdad] And yep every ride so far has been over the Bonnet. I get dropped on every ride :lol: But its still a lot of fun and theres no doubt its improved my fitness a little bit. I never ever blow up while riding alone, never even come close :oops: :lol: But I dont mind suffering a bit as a group so its a good bit of motivation.

Looking forward to tonight, I had a weekend on the mtb so im refreshed for the battle with trafffic on the roadie :wink:

cheers
Baldy
Baldy

Postby Kenshii » Fri May 07, 2010 8:40 pm

Hi
Check out the Dome guys - 2 morning rides during the week - good bunch very helpful ask for paul, phil or daisy
Kenshii

Postby RobRollin » Sun May 09, 2010 11:31 am

I will be there on Tuesday, i think the Dome group should split into two groups. it would be safer and then the faster guys can go off, even get in Cadburys, the more social riders can go at their pace and we all meet at Dome. The group is big enough msot mornings to consider this.
RobRollin

Return to Tasmania