Cyclist Hit and Run

Cyclist Hit and Run

Postby RobRollin » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:07 am

A Cyclists was hit by a new white Ute on the Tasman Bridge yesterday. The ute has taken off after impacting the cyclist. I dont have any other information at this stage to the cyclists condition or any other details of the accident.

If you know of any details then post them here.

All the best to the cyclists and I hope they find the driver of the ute.
RobRollin

by BNA » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:58 pm

BNA

Re: Cyclist Hit and Run

Postby Baldy » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:58 pm

Yeah what a bloody joke, the only info I can find is that tiny article in todays Murkury newspaper. Imagine the howling if someone riding a bike had hit and injured a pedestrian in Battery point and did a runner!! Cyclist menace would be front page drivel :|

As it stands it paints the cyclist as being in the wrong off the bat, its illegal to ride on the Tasman bridge. I know you know that just pointing it out to others. Be nice if they were more clear, where on the bridge? On the ramps leading up to the bridge? that can be my only guess because you need to cross a lane to get onto that ridiculous shared path across the bridge.

I really hope the person is ok, well that they recover quickly anyway and the long arm catches the driver and wrings their neck. The thought of leaving someone on the road to possibly die makes me sick.

If I hear anything I'll let you know.
Baldy

Return to Tasmania