Sensational weather for a ride in Lonnie.

Spork!

Sensational weather for a ride in Lonnie.

Postby Spork! » Sat May 01, 2010 2:48 pm

Yesterday it was a magnificent autumn day here in Launceston. 19c, fine and sunny with barely a breeze. Shame I got caught up at work for almost 12 hours.
Today the weather is crap. Cold, windy, drizzle... :(

Colin_T

Re: Sensational weather for a ride in Lonnie.

Postby Colin_T » Sat May 01, 2010 5:27 pm

Where's Launceston, in Tasmania or New Zealand?
Kicked a black cat? Sounds more like ran over one, backed over it, hunted down its mother and did the same.

Spork!

Postby Spork! » Sat May 01, 2010 5:56 pm

Tasmania.

Baldy

Postby Baldy » Sat May 01, 2010 7:15 pm

Yeah we get some really nice weather this time of year, bit chilly once the sun sets or before it gets up but apart from that its ok.

Mixed in with that of course is absolute rubbish weather :lol: I think Mt Wellington recorded its fastest wind gust ever the other day, I heard 147kph but i think it went higher? Some of the trails are starting to get a bit soft/soggy. With the cooler days the shady stuff hardly drys during the day from now on.

I can put up with riding in the wind and I can put up with riding in the rain but not both. Thats why I got the trainer, for when the bad days stretch out for too long.

Overall its pretty tame though, squillions of people all over the world cycle in much much worse. We just like to whinge :mrgreen:

BarryTas

Postby BarryTas » Mon May 03, 2010 8:01 am

i spent the weekend in Hobart on my bike trying to stay upright. I even had to walk my my across the Bowen Bridgeand hold glasses onto my face. On the birght side i did hit 57kmph on the flat with a tail wind. I couldn't even use my aero bars as it was too dangerous
when do we stop for coffee???

master6

Postby master6 » Mon May 03, 2010 9:55 am

BarryTas wrote:i spent the weekend in Hobart on my bike trying to stay upright. I even had to walk my my across the Bowen Bridgeand hold glasses onto my face. On the birght side i did hit 57kmph on the flat with a tail wind. I couldn't even use my aero bars as it was too dangerous
Your Honour, I rest my case! The witness has admitted the inherent danger of Aero Bars.

:D :D :D

( Well done Barry, at least you remained upright, a real feat over the weekend)

master6

Postby master6 » Mon May 03, 2010 9:57 am

Colin_T wrote:Where's Launceston, in Tasmania or New Zealand?
err ......W ait A while.....................................................
Roughly 200km from Sunny Hobart

RobRollin

Postby RobRollin » Mon May 03, 2010 10:02 am

FYI Master6, lacerations, bruises and possible broken shoulder, I received an update last night. :shock:

BarryTas

Postby BarryTas » Mon May 03, 2010 3:33 pm

master6 wrote:
BarryTas wrote:i spent the weekend in Hobart on my bike trying to stay upright. I even had to walk my my across the Bowen Bridgeand hold glasses onto my face. On the birght side i did hit 57kmph on the flat with a tail wind. I couldn't even use my aero bars as it was too dangerous
Your Honour, I rest my case! The witness has admitted the inherent danger of Aero Bars.

:D :D :D

( Well done Barry, at least you remained upright, a real feat over the weekend)
well with my new bike fit i think i am permanently in the aero position without using the bars.....i just have to climb onto my bike to get over the seat
when do we stop for coffee???

Spork!

Postby Spork! » Mon May 03, 2010 5:24 pm

As per usual, lovely day today, except I left for work in the dark, and got home as it was getting dark...
Think I'll go for an after dinner spin this evening and try out my new SPD pedals that arrived today. :)