Mid Week Ride?

Mid Week Ride?

Postby RobRollin » Tue May 25, 2010 2:40 pm

Any rides on Wednesday I can join up with? Free tomorrow, feel like gong out for a spin. Vets ride tomorrow at Richmond still?
RobRollin

by BNA » Wed May 26, 2010 8:38 am

BNA

Re: Mid Week Ride?

Postby BarryTas » Wed May 26, 2010 8:38 am

wednesday, 6pm from Ken Self, fast to meduim group, call the shop to double check
when do we stop for coffee???

BarryTas

Postby RobRollin » Wed May 26, 2010 8:57 am

I thought theres a group at Richmond? I cant today anyways now, but next week I'll go out. Thanks Barry.
RobRollin

Postby mcdurdin » Wed May 26, 2010 2:19 pm

I called Ken Self Cycles today and they said that they haven't been doing a Wednesday ride for years. Two weeks ago they said Monday and Wednesday evenings. So: I'm getting mixed messages from them. Anyone else know what is going on?
Still young enough to win the Tour de France
mcdurdin

Postby Baldy » Wed May 26, 2010 4:48 pm

mcdurdin wrote:I called Ken Self Cycles today and they said that they haven't been doing a Wednesday ride for years. Two weeks ago they said Monday and Wednesday evenings. So: I'm getting mixed messages from them. Anyone else know what is going on?

Gday mate, yeah I can clear it up for you.

We ride on Monday and Thursday nights, meeting at the shop at 6pm for a start once everyone is ready[closing the shop, getting changed ect] So the start often stretches out a bit :wink:
Over summer it was the same nights but the route was to Kingston and back via the bonnet, when daylight savings finished the route changed to Granton and return. With a little hill on the way back[up Alunga rd and down Marys hope]

I can give you my word that this is the right info and its up to date. I ride a lime green and white Trek and wear the Ken Self kit, white helmet. if you spot me say gday !

I know that theres a few guys that meet up on other nights and I think there might be a faster bunch[I pass them going the other way on the bike track every now and then] But I can only say about mon/thurs because they are the only ones I do.

Cheers
Daniel.
Baldy

Postby RobRollin » Wed May 26, 2010 5:29 pm

Ill be joining the Monday nights. Thursday night rides I beleive go straight out on the bike track to Granton and Cadburys return. There are A & B groups on Thursday.

:D

I need to get fit again :(
RobRollin

Postby master6 » Wed May 26, 2010 5:49 pm

Absolutely, positively, fair dinkum mate, there is a ride at 9am sharp from Richmond Bakery every Wednesday morning. It departs from the carpark between the Bakery and the old jail. Today we had 8 riders. Distance is 60 or 63 km, depending on which course we take. Be there a bit before 9am as this is one ride that starts on time. Coffee of course at the bakery after the ride.
Why ride in the dark if you can enjoy sunny Richmond?
master6

Postby Cam » Thu May 27, 2010 11:27 am

hmmm tempting... I may join you guys sometime soon.
Orbea Enol 09
Cam

Return to Tasmania