TBUG rides.

TBUG rides.

Postby Spork! » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:01 pm

Anyone been on any of the TBUG (Tamar Bicycle User Group) rides before? They sound like a nice easy pace for we n00bies. Going on one tomorrow. 45k's, just 284m of climbing, coffee and cake stop half way, and estimated time "under 4 hours". Thinking if it's a nice day and my legs feel good afterwards I might do a 2nd lap, especially if the coffee (and cake) is good enough to want a 2nd helping.
Anyone from here going? If you are, introduce yourself to the bloke on the older style royal blue and silver Olmo. :D
Spork!

by BNA » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:41 pm

BNA

Re: TBUG rides.

Postby Spork! » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:41 pm

Can thoroughly recommend this group to all n00bie cyclists. They have various rides to suit n00bs through to intermediate riders. Today was an intermediate ride - 1/2 the people were on MTB's or hybrids, pace was easy, faster riders waited often for catch-up. If you are anywhere near Lonnie, and looking for a group to ride with, and not a super-fit racer, or even if you are and just want a "recovery ride" then give them a try.
Spork!

Postby Grog » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:12 pm

Thanks for the follow up Spork,
Wondered what TBUG were like. Good day had by all from the sound of it.

So how was the cake? :) - Greg
Grog

Postby Spork! » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:29 pm

I went the egg and bacon pie option with my coffee, although the cakes did look good, especially the snot sandwich (vanilla slice). Didn't do a 2nd lap, but did go with the small group who took the longer way from bakery to cars. I think most of the TBUG rides are not too challenging, (have only seen Beginner or Intermediate rides on the website) but for those looking to ride further, or faster, some of the TBUG members do like more strenuous rides and are willing to swap phone numbers etc. They are very focused on the social side of things, as well as lots of local council level lobbying for better cycling infrastructure.
Spork!

Return to Tasmania