Richmond Bakery Wednesday Ride

bazsand

Re: Richmond Bakery Wednesday Ride

Postby bazsand » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:08 pm

BenevolantDictatorD wrote:The route was well understood.
For everyone except PMM man.
Felt AR2

master6

Postby master6 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:44 am

bazsand wrote:
BenevolantDictatorD wrote:The route was well understood.
For everyone except PMM man.
RBWR has often seen PMM man attempt to lead us astray, in jest, however the ride is not quite the same when he is absent.

It is always good to see the smiling face of PMM man :D

master6

Postby master6 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:59 am

8.58 am. Will he make it?

skull

Postby skull » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:15 pm

With so many winners ASADA are getting suspicious.

They will probably detect large traces of caffeine and heart medication.

master6

Postby master6 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:19 pm

What would you like to buy skull?

skull

Postby skull » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:24 pm

:D

BenevolantDictatorD

Postby BenevolantDictatorD » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:32 pm

Another glorious day in Richmond today. 13 winners headed out of the car park at the same time and headed in the same direction - it had to happen at some stage!! Not sure where Master6 was - again - but I didn't have an appropriately formated absence request so perhaps he was preocupied with sticky derailleurs.

After a jaunt up Cole Hill last week we returned to the old staple Back Tea Tree Road route with a reasonable pace being managed until the start of the climbs on Back Tea Tree. The pace increased and the bunch splintered with four left at the front at the turn. Given I was there we can only assume the pace wasn't really that fast.

The return journey was also done at pace with the bunch regrouping on Tea Tree Road. My efforts at trying to stay with roscoe and CF left me in dire trouble so when the option of a short cut home presented I took it without second thought. Not sure who won the sprint/s or how the coffe chat went as I had to leave early to do other non-interesting stuff.

Three more training rides before the Boxing Day RBWR to Orford and back. :mrgreen:

BarryTas

Postby BarryTas » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:30 pm

is the orford ride on boxing day confirmed? am looking forward to it. i might get the "7:15 Dome" group to leave 10 or so minutes after the 9am group
when do we stop for coffee???

master6

Postby master6 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:25 pm

BenevolantDictatorD wrote:I didn't have an appropriately formated absence request
Ooops%^$*^.
I,ve stuffed up again.
Had what felt like a combination of back strain, shingles, and appendicitis.
Had back Xray, MRI bone scan, CT scan abdomen.

Nothing adverse discovered.
Problem now receding slowly.

Do I need a Doctors certificate?

Next week is probably a 50/50 chance .

I'm sure that there are sufficient deviant minds out there to provoke the usual level of enjoyment in my absence. (I'm assuming of course that PMM man is in attendance)

Sticky derailleurs? I dont believe that such a condition exists (except in Cyclecrosse).

Please keep my starting grid position free (at the back). Hope to be back soon.

master6

Postby master6 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:36 pm

BarryTas wrote: i might get the "7:15 Dome" group to leave 10 or so minutes after the 9am group
:D As is to be expected :D

I recall earlier this year Barry and Co making arrangements to travel north. I think that they finally settled on an arrangement whereby they had a lift up there two days after the event, and a lift home one week earlier.

Are you going at 7.15, 9.00.00.00, or 9.10.00.? :D

BarryTas

Postby BarryTas » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:00 pm

master6 wrote:
BarryTas wrote: i might get the "7:15 Dome" group to leave 10 or so minutes after the 9am group
:D As is to be expected :D

I recall earlier this year Barry and Co making arrangements to travel north. I think that they finally settled on an arrangement whereby they had a lift up there two days after the event, and a lift home one week earlier.

Are you going at 7.15, 9.00.00.00, or 9.10.00.? :D

we have looking at leaving on a Tuesday
when do we stop for coffee???

master6

Postby master6 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:21 pm

master6 wrote:I am applying for sick leave from tomorrows extravaganza. Any commedations for a good physiotherapist or acupuncturist to help sort out a mystery back problem will be appreciated.
and again :cry:

fixedlegs2012

Postby fixedlegs2012 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:56 pm

I look fwd to joining the hilarity next week! :D

BenevolantDictatorD

Postby BenevolantDictatorD » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:55 pm

Another RBWR and numerous winners left the RB carpark at 9:00:00.000 - as we would expect - and headed out to cole Hill. No Master6 and no fixed legs. There were about 13 or so starters and the group held together well into what was a strange weather day. Tail winds became head winds and back again regularly and that kept the heads down at the front and the seconds in line a bit nervous.

A turn at the top and agreement on the detour over Water Tower and back to Richmond was the confirmed route. A puncture slowed us down a bit on the way back and the dilemma of "to turn or not to turn" became stronger as the clouds got darker and the threat of rain increased. On the front and around the corner into the headwind with a smattering of a shower. A minute later a glance around established only six were left! Oh dear.

I think we had the better of it with the shower over in that minute and the sun was out a minute later. The wind came around behind us on Middle Tea Tree and a good pace was maintained at the front. The irrepressable PMM Man started looking like he was going for a sprint at those places he thinks are finish lines. A pity that someone boxed him in each time! :wink:

Cafe talk turned to the Boxing Day ride down to Orford and that some may miss out on the fun on the hills. A general agreement cam to pass that we would look at a standard distance ride that way the week before - depending on weather. That will take us to the top of Bust-Me-Gall and back.

master6

Postby master6 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:52 pm

The injured, incapacitated, deprived, and depraved say thankyou for todays report. Fixedlegs promises to make an appearance next week, and the rest of us are consequently so inspired that we hope to do likewise.
It is good to hear that PMM man is on top of his game, and apparently up to his usual tricks.
There has been evidence suggesting that "The Famous Cycling Photographer" has been seriously preparing on the Bonnet. ("hill" that is, thankfully) . Did he strut his stuff today, or is all under wraps pending the arrival of 2013?

BenevolantDictatorD

Postby BenevolantDictatorD » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:20 am

Ah yes - the secret training miles always get reported amongst the groups. The "famous cycling photographer" is indeed putting in the miles. The Monday morning ride out of the Taroona Bakery traversing the hills of the south is marshalled by "fcp" (we leave at about 9:30 for those interested) (does that make it the TBMR?). He is riding out to RBWR regularly and the sideways profile is much less pronounced. He is lining up for the first two days of the Ronde so look out every one else! With all that history is mind - he didn't make the turn towards water tower on the way back. :|

fixedlegs2012

Postby fixedlegs2012 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:00 pm

My return is imminent!! :evil:

master6

Postby master6 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:16 pm

fixedlegs2012 wrote:My return is imminent!! :evil:
:D Is that a threat or a promise? :D

fixedlegs2012

Postby fixedlegs2012 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:23 pm

YOU CAN FIND OUT IN THE FINAL 200M!! :shock: :evil: :twisted:

master6

Postby master6 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:44 pm

fixedlegs2012 wrote:YOU CAN FIND OUT IN THE FINAL 200M!! :shock: :evil: :twisted:
I will have to rely on BNA reports, as I am unable to attend this week (again :( )

BenevolantDictatorD

Postby BenevolantDictatorD » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:33 pm

Ah the serenity. Another RBWR. And back to the "normal" bunch organisational processes!!

21 winners headed out of the car park at various times in various directions. The nominal corse was Baskerville over Water Tower first. An early bunch stole the march and hit out into the solid northeasterly. The main bunch slogged along behind picking them up towards the top of the hill. The third bunch - aka latecomers - caught up taking the short cut through Middle Tea Tree and joining in.

For a short time there it lookd like it would all come together into a bunch ride - but no - some off the back - some forgetting to turn - some checking to see where others went - some turned off and went home - just another normal RBWR really. :D

Everyone who hadn't gone home got back for coffee to be joined by olemanec and two of the RBWR originals - Den and Al. Good chats in beautiful weather carried on for a while amongst much laughter - just another RBWR really. :D :P

Next week - weather permitting - a trial run for the Orford ride - up to the top of Bust-Me-Gall and back. Normal distance applies at around the 60kms return. The Boxing Day RBWR to Orford and back is around the 110kms return distance from Richmond.

BenevolantDictatorD

Postby BenevolantDictatorD » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:23 am

Nineteen nervous riders left the car park at 9:00:00.000 and headed off on a warm up for next week's Orford ride. The planned course was up Fingerpost and then on to Black Charlie's and Bust Me Gall before returning with a distance of around 60kms.

That 20% chance of a small amount of rain came through and we got wet from about 5kms out to the turnaround - a course setter's nightmare with long descents involved. No one fell off - so all good.

The steady showers put a dampener on team spirit and the group splintered and didn't get around to reforming fully. The trip back was very nice as the roads had dried out by the time to descend Black Charlies came around. By the time we all got back for the important coffees the sunshine was quite strong.

Next week - the Orford ride - we leave at 9

master6

Postby master6 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:56 pm

Increasing concern about the Orford riders; has the return journey been completed? :?

BenevolantDictatorD

Postby BenevolantDictatorD » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:12 pm

Two RBWRs to report on.

The Boxing Day ride turned out 26 starters with most making the full journey and many made the trip longer with a ride from home. The weather was nice for a change with a slight headwind on the way out which held to be a gentle breeze on the back on the way home. Nothing much else of note. The group generally stayed together - in two groups - after Black Charlies on the way out. On the way back it was a race.

Todays ride was the old standby - Back Tea Tree - with about 20 starters. A few splits and regroups on the way out and a few splits and a race on the way back. Coffee was good. Chats were back to the old standard with Master6 back at the table.

master6

Postby master6 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:58 pm

ahhh...Wednesday afternoons.......that blissful time of reflecting on the mornings Richmond Bakery Wednesday Ride.

Urban dictionary came close with:=

"Post RBWR Bliss

That euphoric feeling directly after having a RBWR. After RBWR, both men and women release the chemicals oxytocin, prolactin, gamma amino butyric acid (GABA), and endorphins that work to tell the body and mind to relax after riding .

""We were just laying there enjoying the post RBWR bliss and he said "I love you". And she said, "just enjoy the afterglow and don't get all sappy"" "

Apology to urban dictionary; they were talking about another activity that leaves one effed, and todays ride left me feeling that way. PMM man and his band rode away from me; can I blame this on the fact that I did not wear my PMM shirt today?