Re: Richmond Bakery Wednesday Ride

Postby BarryTas » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:04 pm

cheers guys, that was a good spin

sorry that i couldn't stay for coffee as i had to get to work
when do we stop for coffee???

RobRollin

Postby RobRollin » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:56 pm

9 of which are disqualified for not following proper group riding ettiquette.

Next week penalties will be imposed

BenevolantDictatorD

Postby BenevolantDictatorD » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:43 am

An interesting concept - disqualifying riders on a gentlemen's ride. DQ usually means it was a race - well it seemed like one - but if it wasn't then no DQ and the summary should read that two groups started and three groups finished.
I didn't see the banana skin throwing competition or the tube changing race so I assume Master6 remains tbe resident champion.
Long range forecast for next week is 19 degrees - sweet.

RobRollin

Postby RobRollin » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:23 am

I may or may not be there this Wednesday....if the group doesnt control itself and wait for the main peloton there maybe sabotage....

master6

Postby master6 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:55 am

The ride would not be the same without you Rob, so please dont "get off your bike" :D

Regrouping points have traditionally been:-

water tower (both ways)

intersection of Tea Tree rd and Back Tea Tree rd (both ways)

turning point at grasstree end of Back Tea Tree.

This helps ensure that everyone on the ride gets maximum enjoyment :D nothing is worse than riding home alone :evil:

I understand that there are too rules only:-
1. There are no rules
2. Obey the road rules/get home safe. :D

The prospect of not having the prospect of sucking the tyre off your back wheel in the last 5 km is just too painful to consider :wink: :wink:

RobRollin

Postby RobRollin » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:42 pm

I should be there but I have to say that if people treat it like a race. A race it will be. From start to finish. It's more fun for all if people have a crack from Tea Tree Road.

master6

Postby master6 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:23 pm

RobRollin wrote:I should be there but I have to say that if people treat it like a race. A race it will be. From start to finish. It's more fun for all if people have a crack from Tea Tree Road.
Did you overdose on coffee in Adelaide? :D

BenevolantDictatorD

Postby BenevolantDictatorD » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:07 am

Written by a true sprinter - isn't it flat from Tea Tree road? maybe we shold do the Brinktop Circuit this week and start the race from the bottom of Brinktop :lol: :cry: :wink:

BarryTas

Postby BarryTas » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:23 am

BenevolantDictatorD wrote:Written by a true sprinter - isn't it flat from Tea Tree road? maybe we shold do the Brinktop Circuit this week and start the race from the bottom of Brinktop :lol: :cry: :wink:
Brinktop reps, lets say 8 reps, :wink: :wink: :wink: i will be at work
when do we stop for coffee???

RobRollin

Postby RobRollin » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:58 pm

If we do brinktop the race starts at the top when we re group...lets see who can descend....

:shock: :shock:

RobRollin

Postby RobRollin » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:24 am

Assembling my bike from Adelaide this mornign and a headset screw has gone missing so you all very lucky I didnt show up :D

doggatas

Postby doggatas » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:44 am

If you have another top cap you could use that screw...

RobRollin

Postby RobRollin » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:53 pm

Now I have four of them courtesy of AvantiPlus and will make use of one of them tomorrow :D

Be back next week....I hope Master6 took the title today

master6

Postby master6 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:57 pm

RobRollin wrote:Now I have four of them courtesy of AvantiPlus and will make use of one of them tomorrow :D

Be back next week....I hope Master6 took the title today
Sixteen gentlemen cycled today.

Sorry Rob, I was not an adequate replacement for you :evil: Todays outstanding performance came from Cuan Van Staden, and on restricted Junior gearing. He delivered a lesson on spinning, clearly heading the field to the top of Cole Hill, and apparently was first across one of the finishing lines back at sunny Richmond. "Competitors" have 3 lines at which they may claim Richmond victory. First is the STCC finishing line, second location is the "60kph" signs outside the football club, and the third location is any place within 2 km of Richmond at which the "Victory claimant" asserts that they were in front. One of the positives of this ride is that any number of egos can go home with the immense satisfaction of having secured a "Victory". A new rider, known only as "Nigels mate" showed very poor taste by outsprinting the field to one of the lines, but on aggregate points had to settle for second on the day.

Rob, it was not the same without you. Thank God for that :D

BenevolantDictatorD

Postby BenevolantDictatorD » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:21 pm

And a good ride it was! We need to acknowledge that Cuan is only 15 years old. That means there was something like 60 years age differential between the youngest and oldest riders on the road today. That says something very positive about our pass time. Bazsand gets the points for one of the sprints today and PMMman continues to get the points for having talked non-stop all the way. The groups basically stayed together all day and we were back in less than two hours. Everyone's a winner baby that's the truth.

bazsand

Postby bazsand » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:39 pm

BenevolantDictatorD wrote: PMMman continues to get the points for having talked non-stop all the way. .
Thats why our plan of me being NIgels lead out man failed :roll: :roll: :roll: ....he was to busy talking to pedal...........
Felt AR2

master6

Postby master6 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:58 pm

bazsand wrote:
BenevolantDictatorD wrote: PMMman continues to get the points for having talked non-stop all the way. .
Thats why our plan of me being NIgels lead out man failed :roll: :roll: :roll: ....he was to busy talking to pedal...........
bazsand, are you comfortable with the non de plume "Nigels mate"? :lol:

Baldy

Postby Baldy » Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:55 pm

I was talking to a distinguished gentleman from Battery Point today and he mentioned these Bakery rides. You could have knocked me over with a Schleck I was so shocked. Idea idea that he would associate with you lot is confronting and outrageous.

If I ever turn up it looks like I'm Nigels mates mate...

master6

Postby master6 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:51 pm

Baldy wrote:I was talking to a distinguished gentleman from Battery Point today and he mentioned these Bakery rides. You could have knocked me over with a Schleck I was so shocked. Idea idea that he would associate with you lot is confronting and outrageous.

If I ever turn up it looks like I'm Nigels mates mate...
Baldy, the whole of Wednesday is outrageous :D We have a vacant position awaiting you. :roll: Fit a mirror to save looking over your shoulder to us!

:wink: :wink:

RobRollin

Postby RobRollin » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:00 pm

Looking for a casual ride this Wednesday thanks :shock:

master6

Postby master6 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:09 pm

RobRollin wrote:Looking for a casual ride this Wednesday thanks :shock:

Promise? :)

RobRollin

Postby RobRollin » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:15 pm

Training in the morning dictates that my legs will already be smashed :D

Lets get back to basics - a social ride with coffee - with Eric doing a last k time trial.

RobRollin

Postby RobRollin » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:14 am

I am waiting on a report from Master6. Maybe we should have a Facebook page dedicated to the Richmond Wednesday Ride?

master6

Postby master6 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:48 am

RobRollin wrote:I am waiting on a report from Master6. Maybe we should have a Facebook page dedicated to the Richmond Wednesday Ride?
We have. Search "Richmond Bakery Wednesday Ride", and go for it.

master6

Postby master6 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:30 am

RobRollin wrote:I am waiting on a report from Master6.
Wednesday 1/2/2012

Twenty one eager cyclists cleated at the tarmac in anticipation of "The Announcement" from "BDD". It was not the usual "Today we will go to......." Unthinkably, BDD had received a last minute call , all hinging around the four letter word..............."work". Someone has to keep the country running, so twenty riders set off for the day. Fourteen ventured over Cole Hill and beyond the town, while six were led by the Doyen Recuperator D on a tour of Fingerpost, Campania, and many a mile from each.

Twenty is confidently believed to be a record starter group at the RBWR, a figure only lunacy would have predicted not so long ago.

The Winners
As usual, every one would have gone home, inwardly smiling, ego describing ones own victory at some stage on the course. Who was first over Cole Hill, first back to Richmond? Despite regular optical upgrades, I still cant see around five Km of undulating curves! No idea.

Please speak up now and lodge your claim.

I had a victory; rode a full km and managed to keep my mouth shut; no, not a breathing exercise, just ignoring the goading of.................N, the show would be drab without you, and when this shirt wears out, can I have another please?

A bit of tapering is expected next Wednesday, which will be three days out from the great event, "Dales Canter". Still time to join the ride to Bicheno on the Regatta long weekend. Check STCC site for details, or pm me and I will give you the good oil.