I am hoping to be there on Wednesday - I will be taking it easy

skull

Re: Richmond Bakery Wednesday Ride

Postby skull » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:14 pm

'sif you would take it easy.

RobRollin

Postby RobRollin » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:27 pm

Defintely will be, it will take me 3 weeks to get back into form :shock: :?

RobRollin

Postby RobRollin » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:29 am

IM a definite start tomorrow!

You will have to take it easy though please!

master6

Postby master6 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:50 pm

RobRollin wrote:take it easy though please!

We always do Rob :D

Good to have you back :)

RobRollin

Postby RobRollin » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:18 pm

It will be good to be back.

First ride today and really enjoyed the rain and wind, I felt okay as well which was pleasing. Maybe 4 days off is a good thing? No cant be! :oops:

master6

Postby master6 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:16 pm

Fifteen riders today. Headwind home. Excellent coffee stop as usual at Richmond Bakery after the r....r.....ride!

Highlight of the day was the attempt by Rob to amend the English Language.

For centuries, the word "easy" has usually meant:-

"(v. t.) Causing ease; giving freedom from care or labor; furnishing comfort; commodious; as, easy circumstances; an easy chair or cushion.
(v. t.) At ease; free from pain, trouble, or constraint
(v. t.) Free from constraint, harshness, or formality; unconstrained; smooth; as, easy manners; an easy style.
(v. t.) Moderate; sparing; frugal.
(v. t.) Not difficult; requiring little labor or effort; slight; inconsiderable; as, an easy task; an easy victory.
(v. t.) Not straitened as to money matters; as, the market is easy; -- opposed to tight.
(v. t.) Not making resistance or showing unwillingness; tractable; yielding; complying; ready.
(v. t.) Not causing, or attended with, pain or disquiet, or much exertion; affording ease or rest; as, an easy carriage; a ship having an easy motion; easy movements, as in dancing.
(v. t.) Free from care, responsibility, discontent, and the like; not anxious; tranquil; as, an easy mind.
(v. t.) Free from pain, distress, toil, exertion, and the like; quiet; as, the patient is easy."

Thank you Mr Wiki

Rob has added the meanings:-

"To go like a cut cat, deliberately launch a prolonged attack apon (previously) friends, inflict pain, shatter egos, ignore pleas for mercy"

Yeah, it sure is good to have Rob back#$&%^%$&%^^(!! :D :D

Other highlights included some coaching by Steve the Marshalls Marshall. Not sure what his advice to Sam was, but I suspect it went like this; "Sam, when you get to the front to do a turn with another rider, keep your front wheel half a wheel ahead of your mate. If he looks like getting level with you, pedal harder. Repeat this simple step until your mate collapses" :D :D

Oh yes, it was all good fun again. :)

doggatas

Postby doggatas » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:05 pm

This bakery ride sounds like fun, going to ask nicely if I can have next Wednesday morning off.

skull

Postby skull » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:14 pm

Just be wary Dogga, the old buggers are quite crafty. They might tell you it isn't a race.

olmanec

Postby olmanec » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:43 pm

Great ride once again, 'not a race ???? ', who did instigate that non gentlemanly pace going out ?, Thanks to Sam for sheltered 'lift' back, sorry about little sprint hiccup, paid for it by cramping badly during 2k open water swim in evening

RobRollin

Postby RobRollin » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:53 pm

master6 wrote:Fifteen riders today. Headwind home. Excellent coffee stop as usual at Richmond Bakery after the r....r.....ride!

Highlight of the day was the attempt by Rob to amend the English Language.

For centuries, the word "easy" has usually meant:-

"(v. t.) Causing ease; giving freedom from care or labor; furnishing comfort; commodious; as, easy circumstances; an easy chair or cushion.
(v. t.) At ease; free from pain, trouble, or constraint
(v. t.) Free from constraint, harshness, or formality; unconstrained; smooth; as, easy manners; an easy style.
(v. t.) Moderate; sparing; frugal.
(v. t.) Not difficult; requiring little labor or effort; slight; inconsiderable; as, an easy task; an easy victory.
(v. t.) Not straitened as to money matters; as, the market is easy; -- opposed to tight.
(v. t.) Not making resistance or showing unwillingness; tractable; yielding; complying; ready.
(v. t.) Not causing, or attended with, pain or disquiet, or much exertion; affording ease or rest; as, an easy carriage; a ship having an easy motion; easy movements, as in dancing.
(v. t.) Free from care, responsibility, discontent, and the like; not anxious; tranquil; as, an easy mind.
(v. t.) Free from pain, distress, toil, exertion, and the like; quiet; as, the patient is easy."

Thank you Mr Wiki

Rob has added the meanings:-

"To go like a cut cat, deliberately launch a prolonged attack apon (previously) friends, inflict pain, shatter egos, ignore pleas for mercy"

Yeah, it sure is good to have Rob back#$&%^%$&%^^(!! :D :D

Other highlights included some coaching by Steve the Marshalls Marshall. Not sure what his advice to Sam was, but I suspect it went like this; "Sam, when you get to the front to do a turn with another rider, keep your front wheel half a wheel ahead of your mate. If he looks like getting level with you, pedal harder. Repeat this simple step until your mate collapses" :D :D

Oh yes, it was all good fun again. :)

A very interesting read...what it doesnt say is that......the constant pleas on the way back were ignored as Rob was shredded from the group. His legs had blown up after a painful morning at the track and then a solid 11k solo effort on the front driving the group....all after coming out of hospital. Okay maybe not the best way to recover. That wasnt a good day on the bike for me, I was shattered, my legs were screaming at me every time I was out of the saddle. Wednesday hurt me. But I will be back.

Just waiting for Master6 to drop a few kilos at the gym, put on some muscle, get a ripped mid section and be able to sustain 7.1watt/kg which should allow him to win the Tour and a Wednesday ride

BarryTas

Postby BarryTas » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:14 am

what time does this ride normally finish?
when do we stop for coffee???

BenevolantDictatorD

Postby BenevolantDictatorD » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:49 am

The 'gentlemen's ride' always starts at 9:00:00.00 and we do somewhere around the 60 kms depending on which course is chosen for the day. That gets us back somewhere between 11 and 11:15 depending on punctures and wind direction. If RobRollin keeps turning up and his 11km solo efforts on the front get longer we may well be back a long time before 11.

RobRollin

Postby RobRollin » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:01 pm

I notice Master6 has not replied...maybe he is too busy doing 1000 situps per day and injecting himself with gofast jiuce?

master6

Postby master6 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:31 pm

Master6 is busy soaking up the motivational juices provided by Robrollins' comments. (while he dawdles round the house whinging about a sore back) :twisted:

RobRollin

Postby RobRollin » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:27 pm

I will be attending on Wednesday...and before the ride Master6 is holding a tutorial on how to suck wheel. :shock: :D

No we should have a team meeting in group ettiquette and no attacks until Tea Tree Road on the return.

master6

Postby master6 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:56 pm

RobRollin wrote:I will be attending on Wednesday...and before the ride Master6 is holding a tutorial on how to suck wheel. :shock: :D

No we should have a team meeting in group ettiquette and no attacks until Tea Tree Road on the return.
Two good points made here, however the source is a matter of extreme surprise :D
Why would RobRollin be interested in learning the art of "Wheel Sucking"? He is always either out in front dishing out copious quantities of "anti wheel sucking pain",

Or

so far behind that sucking is impossible for him, and furthermore, he cant see far enough to see anyone else sucking. :D :D

let's get real......"etiquette"? Cant even spell the word! :D

For the record:-
et·i·quette   /ˈɛtɪkɪt, -ˌkɛt/ Show Spelled[et-i-kit, -ket] Show IPA
noun
" conventional requirements as to social behavior; proprieties of conduct as established in any class or community or for any occasion."

Credit where credit is due; the suggestion that "spirited riding" be contained until the aroma of good coffee is in the air is a good one. Top idea Rob. (go to the top of the class, but leave your books behind; we will have you back soon! :D )

RobRollin

Postby RobRollin » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:23 pm

I hope your back is better Master6 and you have laid off the 1000 situps a day.

I think maybe a word to our leader to make a statement to the group on Wed?

master6

Postby master6 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:23 pm

RobRollin wrote:I think maybe a word to our leader to make a statement to the group on Wed?
Our leader is a busy man, so I will volunteer to prepare a statement for him.

It will go like this:-
"Hello Rob, good to have you here mate; I need to explain a couple of things to you........................................................not a race............................................steady.......................................just follow master6 all morning..................you wont get too tired.......................................................... :D :D

RobRollin

Postby RobRollin » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:25 pm

Yes....depends on training in the morning. I need to learn.....I cant train hard then turn up to Richmond and expect great things from my legs.

RobRollin

Postby RobRollin » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:57 pm

I am....saving something special in my legs just for Master6 tomorrow..... :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil:

master6

Postby master6 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:05 pm

RobRollin wrote:I am....saving something special in my legs just for Master6 tomorrow..... :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil:
Comment removed as a result of further consideration. :cry:

I dont wish to risk the consequences of whipping RR into a frenzy. :shock:
Last edited by master6 on Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.

skull

Postby skull » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:59 pm

Good luck tomorrow, I would say shall the best man win, but as it isn't a race there is no winners.

Right?

master6

Postby master6 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:13 pm

skull wrote:Good luck tomorrow, I would say shall the best man win, but as it isn't a race there is no winners.

Right?
Wrong. Everyone is a winner on Wednesday. I am in training to challenge Robrollin to a tube change. The banana skin throwing title is on the line too! :D

master6

Postby master6 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:35 pm

Thirteen combatants today.