2011 Sally's Ride photos

2011 Sally's Ride photos

Postby marriedwith3bikes » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:09 pm

Just wondering if anyone has come across photo's from this years Sally's ride, other than the ones on the Examiner web site. I noticed a few photographers on the course but no pics have come up on the official web site yet, just want to check if they got my good side.
marriedwith3bikes

by BNA » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:08 pm

BNA

Re: 2011 Sally's Ride photos

Postby EvandalePF » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:08 pm

The only gallery I have found is by Rob Burnett (who also did the Gran Fondo photos) here: http://www.robburnettimages.com.au/sallysride2011

Unfortunately it is a fairly small selection and doesn't cover all the rides... or at least it doesn't cover the 140km distance that I was on. :(

I definitely saw plenty of photographers too, one prominent one coming up the hill from Sidmouth which would have been interesting as there were some definite hurting faces at that stage! :lol:
EvandalePF

Postby EvandalePF » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:12 pm

Scratch that, I tell a lie! There are some photos up now on the homepage that weren't there last time I checked... time to investigate!

edit: address is http://www.rccl.org.au/SallysRide/Photos.aspx

edit (again): Only in five shots. :(

Coming home along the West Tamar, silly 140k-ers decide to chase the other bunches aided by an outrageous tailwind. We averaged just over 40km/hr all the way back from the Batman Bridge.
EvandalePF

Postby marriedwith3bikes » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:19 am

EvandalePF wrote:The only gallery I have found is by Rob Burnett (who also did the Gran Fondo photos) here: http://www.robburnettimages.com.au/sallysride2011

Unfortunately it is a fairly small selection and doesn't cover all the rides... or at least it doesn't cover the 140km distance that I was on. :(

I definitely saw plenty of photographers too, one prominent one coming up the hill from Sidmouth which would have been interesting as there were some definite hurting faces at that stage! :lol:

Thanks for that reference to rob burnett images yeah the 140k photo's were mainly the ones I was interested in also, it would be interesting to know by looking at the photo's from the guy at the top of the sidmouth hill to see how many took the shortcut under the bridge and how many like my mate and myself who rode up the hill, who'd take an easy option when there's a hill to climb ? :lol:
marriedwith3bikes

Return to Tasmania