looking for a bike friendly town in Tas

thecaptn

Re: looking for a bike friendly town in Tas

Postby thecaptn » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:04 pm

simon.young wrote:
If you're down this way pm me, head out for a ride :)

Simon

My wife and I will be in your district in about a month so I may to take you up on that. 8)

rangersac

Postby rangersac » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:39 pm

Likewise PM me if you are heading down the Channel Highway south of Hobart. I live in Snug which is a similar distance to Sandford from the city with pretty much the same recreational biking/ kayaking advantages.
De Rosa Macro | Intense Primer | Wayward Cape York | Cotic Rocket

thecaptn

Postby thecaptn » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:58 pm

We finally made it! Arrived 3 days ago and started moving into a farmhouse we've rented near Deloraine. It's magnificent, beautiful mountains, clean air and friendly people. I haven't ridden for a while but am looking forward to getting back into it starting tomorrow. Once we've some fitness back I'm hoping to get onto some local group rides and the Mrs wants to do the local ladies only ride.
Hope to see you's out on the roads.

ironhanglider

Postby ironhanglider » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:12 pm

thecaptn wrote:We finally made it! Arrived 3 days ago and started moving into a farmhouse we've rented near Deloraine. It's magnificent, beautiful mountains, clean air and friendly people. I haven't ridden for a while but am looking forward to getting back into it starting tomorrow. Once we've some fitness back I'm hoping to get onto some local group rides and the Mrs wants to do the local ladies only ride.
Hope to see you's out on the roads.
Seems like you need to update your profile!

Cheers,

Cameron

thecaptn

Postby thecaptn » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:48 am

Sorted, thanks Cameron, now I'm officially Taswegian.

rangersac

Postby rangersac » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:44 am

Nice part of the world Deloraine, and plenty of lovely quiet back roads. Enjoy the stay.
De Rosa Macro | Intense Primer | Wayward Cape York | Cotic Rocket

thecaptn

Postby thecaptn » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:00 pm

rangersac wrote:Nice part of the world Deloraine, and plenty of lovely quiet back roads. Enjoy the stay.
Thanks Isaac,
I thought I'd just ride around the block this morning, ended up being nearly 40km, could've counted the number of cars that passed me on my fingers. Drivers all gave me plenty of room, tasted some apples growing on the side of the road, saw some trout and talked to a lady about her cows.

mikgit

Postby mikgit » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:39 pm

Welcome to the area.
Patena road, Launceston->Perth on a lovely christmas morning... this was the cars on the day...

Grew up on the northwest coast, moved to Launceston in the 90's, moved to Hobart for 10 years, then Brisbane and back to Launceston. Couldn';t be happier (well Have to find a job, had soem contract stuff for the last 3 years).
Last edited by mikgit on Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fat Chance Yo Eddy 2.2, Intense Sniper XC Pro, Look 675, Cervelo R3, GT Xizang, GT Zaskar, Yeti ARC, DiamondBack Apex

limbot

Postby limbot » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:59 pm

thecaptn wrote:We finally made it! Arrived 3 days ago and started moving into a farmhouse we've rented near Deloraine. It's magnificent, beautiful mountains, clean air and friendly people.
Nice place for for some nice quiet cycling :)

Check out http://www.greatwesterntiers.net.au/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for some nice "organised" rides.

My mini review of the Great World Heritage Ride here:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=83214" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(Not sure what effect the fires have had up there though )

Enjoy.

mikgit

Postby mikgit » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:21 pm

There's this too:
http://www.tascyclechallenge.org.au/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I've done th e50km the last 2 years, was thinking of doing the 100 this year, but doing more mtb again recently and my bum to road time is going in th eopposite direction
Fat Chance Yo Eddy 2.2, Intense Sniper XC Pro, Look 675, Cervelo R3, GT Xizang, GT Zaskar, Yeti ARC, DiamondBack Apex

thecaptn

Postby thecaptn » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:09 pm

limbot wrote:
Nice place for for some nice quiet cycling :)

Check out http://www.greatwesterntiers.net.au/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for some nice "organised" rides.

My mini review of the Great World Heritage Ride here:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=83214" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(Not sure what effect the fires have had up there though )

Enjoy.
One of the cycle routes goes past our place.

The fires are still burning apparently, there's a staging point and accommodation camp set up for the firefighters in Mole Creek.
mikgit wrote:There's this too:
http://www.tascyclechallenge.org.au/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I've done th e50km the last 2 years, was thinking of doing the 100 this year, but doing more mtb again recently and my bum to road time is going in th eopposite direction
I need to spend some more time on the bike too, if you're interested PM me and we can team up to do the hundred,

Pete