Re: Dodges Ferry Bakery Thursday Ride

Postby master6 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:55 pm

redheeler wrote: Paul did get lost along the way. :roll:
next week I will bring a spare leash for Paul :D

....a short one :? :?

Paul B

Postby Paul B » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:59 pm

The first Bakery to Bakery ride was held today :-) Dodges Ferry Bakery to Richmond Bakery.
Obviously yesterday's effort was not enough to satisfy the appetites of the DFBTR bunch so another ride took place today. Unfortunately, Master 6 was otherwise disposed attending to secret shed business but his place was filled by Andrew T. So an 8.30 start saw Paul B, Redheeler and Andrew T depart Dodges Ferry, through Lewisham to Sorell, Shark Point Rd,Brinktop Rd, Fingerpost Rd (Anita headed home due to work at this point), to the Richmond Bakery. A break for coffee and then over Brinktop, through Sorell, Lewisham and onto the finish line at the Dodges Ferry Bakery.
71ks in total and overall a great ride.
Looking forward to the ride on Thursday next week :-)

redheeler

Postby redheeler » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:13 pm

Paul B wrote:The first Bakery to Bakery ride was held today :-) Dodges Ferry Bakery to Richmond Bakery.

Looking forward to the ride on Thursday next week :-)
After completing the Dome ride to Collinsvale, Paul. The Primrose circuit may become a little boring. :( It sounds like your appetite has been whet for rides that are more challenging. :D

Paul B

Postby Paul B » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:37 pm

redheeler wrote:
After completing the Dome ride to Collinsvale, Paul. The Primrose circuit may become a little boring. :( It sounds like your appetite has been whet for rides that are more challenging. :D
Variety is the spice of life as they say... Anyhow, I still have lots of miles to do yet if I want to match it with the boys at Dome or the RBWR. Got to keep on pushing the limits 8)

master6

Postby master6 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:54 am

Looking good for tadays ride. :D

redheeler

Postby redheeler » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:33 am

master6 wrote:Looking good for tadays ride. :D
:D See you and Paul there in half an hour.

Paul B

Postby Paul B » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:31 pm

Another DFBTR and the usual suspects being Paul B and Master 6 were joined by Redheeler who is becoming part of the regular crew. So after a number of harder rides in the days leading up to today, it was a nice change to have a ride at a relaxed pace. So nothing of any great significance to report. Although once again, we got wet. Started out in fine conditions, though the dark clouds looked threatening and did not disappoint.

master6

Postby master6 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:39 pm

"Tadays" :oops: ride. Those Primrose pinches dont get any easier!

Paul B

Postby Paul B » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:51 am

It is wet and the radar does not look promising. Fingers crossed.

master6

Postby master6 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:10 am

Paul B wrote:It is wet and the radar does not look promising. Fingers crossed.
Do I hear thunder here?

Paul B

Postby Paul B » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:15 pm

Despite all indications that the weather was going to turn nasty, I made my way to the bakery only to find that I was the sole rider who had turned up :-( However, Master 6 and Redheeler appeared (2 minutes late) and we set off for the run to Primrose. Good ride and good coffee at the end ... and, we didn't get wet :-)
Last edited by Paul B on Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

master6

Postby master6 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:05 pm

Paul B wrote:Despite all indications that the weather was going to turn nasty, I made my way to the bakery only to find that I was the only rider who had turned up :-( However, Master 6 and Redheeler appeared (2 minutes late) and we set off for the run to Primrose. Good ride and good coffee at the end ... and, we didn't get wet :-)
Those wise souls who seek second opinions will be comforted by my confirmation of the above report from our fearless leader Paul B.

Did you know that some of the delicious product on sale at Richmond Bakery is actually made at Dodges Ferry Bakery.? :D

master6

Postby master6 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:57 pm

Sunny Dodges Ferry turned on a magnificent morning which saw Andrew, Scott, and yours truly tackle Primrose Sands, Sugarloaf, Lewisham, and the delights of Dodges Ferry Bakery, the home of good coffee and huge chocolate wagon wheels. Leadership quality was B gradish due to the absence of the appointed ride dictator, PaulB, who has absolutely confirmed his theory that traction is reduced on wet roads. Hopefully his bike, and widespread soft tissue trauma, will be in better condition next Thursday.
To date DFBTR has had seven riders, and all have gone away to spread the good word.
It just keeps getting better :D

Paul B

Postby Paul B » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:58 pm

Was hoping to be back on the bike today, but I just feel sick. My shoulder feels about as bad as my leg looks.

master6

Postby master6 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:24 pm

I hereby apply for leave tomorrow. Enjoy the ride folks. I hope that our fearless leader PaulB is able to step back into his dictatorial position :D

Paul B

Postby Paul B » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:26 pm

Not looking good for me. Injuries nowhere near healed, but, I am expecting I will be back by next week.

redheeler

Postby redheeler » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:12 am

Oh well, I'll head out and do my early morning run to Sorell, Penna and Midway Point. Hopefully we'll all catch up for one last ride before Xmas.

master6

Postby master6 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:38 pm

Nice to see the Dictator PaulB back on the bike. He has chosen a warm sunny dry day to get back into action.
Sorry I wont be joining DFBTR this week, due to the Mens Shed christmas function.

36C is forecast for Thursday :roll:

Paul B

Postby Paul B » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:50 pm

I'll be at the bakery for a 9.00 departure as usual for all those who would like to join in the Thursday action.

Paul B

Postby Paul B » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:05 pm

And there I was... a lone figure at the bakery waiting for the bunch to gather. Alas, there would be no such gathering today, so, just a quick 43 random ks. Got the legs moving, second ride back since the stack and still a bit sore. Hopefully, I will have some company again next Thursday.

Paul B

Postby Paul B » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:58 pm

Riding tomorrow... two participants and more welcome. 9.00 at the bakery. Three now :P

master6

Postby master6 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:14 am

So it is Saturday; so what?

DFBTR is having a Saturday version today, and I am on it.

Fine and sunny this morning :D

Paul B

Postby Paul B » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:52 pm

Master 6, Andrew T and myself arrived at DFB eagerly anticipating the day's ride... a favourite route was chosen... the Dodges Ferry Bakery to Richmond Bakery. It was a fairly easy pace from Dodges, through Lewisham and down to Sorell. Paul B and Master 6 were intent on a committee meeting as we rode down Sharkpoint and Penna Rd... Andrew T decided he was there to ride, not talk and duly hit the front and set the pace which saw us to the junction of Fingerpost Rd. At this juncture, Paul B bolted and left the crew behind, but not for too long, Andrew T caught up and we cruised into Richmond. Master 6, ambled in a few minutes later looking forward to the usual coffee. To the horror and shock of Master 6 and Andrew T... Paul B announced that there would be no coffee until we arrive back at Dodges Ferry. So a water bottle refill and back on the road. Over Brinktop, through Sorell, Lewsiham and back for coffee at the DFB. 74 Ks done :-)
Hoping to see some of the RBWR bunch next week who will be surely in need of a ride after being off the bike on Christmas day. Dodges Ferry Bakery at 9.00. Look forward to seeing you there.

Paul B

Postby Paul B » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:17 pm

Well we enjoyed that course so much yesterday that Master 6 and I did it again today !!! Unfortunately it rained most of the way so the fun factor registered rather low on the scale. The Ks are done nonetheless :-)

master6

Postby master6 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:37 pm

"The early bird catches the worm"

Confuscious say " Got to be earlier than the early bird to catch redheeler" :P