Road Bike Hire Hobart

Road Bike Hire Hobart

Postby boatonthehill » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:02 pm

Hello All

I am travelling from Perth to Hobart and have a couple of days free and would love the chance to ride around Hobart and tackle Mt Wellington.
I am not in the position where I can bring my own bike over just my helmet, shoes etc so am hoping that somehow may have leads as to where I shoUld look for hiring a half decent road bike for 48 hours?

Google hasnt thrown me much in the way of hiring road bikes

any help is appreciated! also if someone is willing to show a tourist cyclist around a couple of local routes Tuesday 8th and Wednesday 9th October that would be great!
boatonthehill

by BNA » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:56 pm

BNA

Re: Road Bike Hire Hobart

Postby Paul B » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:56 pm

if you can get out to Dodges Ferry (40ks Out of town), Tuesday at 10.00, we do a nice ride along the river at Carlton and the cliff tops at Primrose Sands. Up to 50 ks but less if you like and a stop for coffee.
Paul B

Postby BenevolantDictatorD » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:39 pm

Hi there boatonthehill.

We're a pretty friendly lot over here so if you let us know what sort of bike you are looking for and the size details I can organise a loan of something for you.

Riding is Tassie is pretty easy if you don't like hills - cos you just stay home!! The alternatives are plenty with a wide variety of choices to test the legs and see some magic scenery. Once we sort out a bike for you an get an idea of what you're looking for we can send you off on some of the regular routes around town.
BenevolantDictatorD

Postby boatonthehill » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:14 pm

Hi BenevolantDictatorD & Paul B

thanks very much for the tips! I called a few bike shops and none seemed to like my chances of hiring a roadie so I went with the MTB option Cyclingo offer the lady I spoke to on the phone was very helpful, after researching some of the trails I dont regret my descision! Looks fantastic. Think i'll tackle the north south first, I'll get my climbing fix getting to the start of the trail.

Oh and you are right, in my experience Taswegians are the friendliest easy going folk in Oz!
boatonthehill

Postby Paul B » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:22 pm

Enjoy :-)
Paul B

Postby justchops » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:43 pm

hello tassie riders

im in the same situation as the original poster.
coming to tassie and would like give mt wellington a go, x5.
im 180cm tall, 77kg (elite endurance mtb'r)
i arrive late on the 31st oct.
pretty keen to ride from the 3rd (sunday) till wednesday.
james lamb is my name, and happy to throw a few $$$ or buy the coffees if you come riding with :)
justchops

Return to Tasmania