Quality of Road Cycling in Hobart?

lavs

Quality of Road Cycling in Hobart?

Postby lavs » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:16 pm

Hi Everyone. I'm a keen road cyclist and am considering going to Hobart for 6-12 months for work. I am from Adelaide & am currently living in Christchurch. I'd like to know from some of you Taswegians what the road cycling scene in Hobart is like. I don't compete. I enjoy 50-100km rides 2-3 times per week with a lot of hill climbing involved. My strength is hill-climbing and I get bored riding on flat stuff for very long. Does it rain a lot in Hobart? I'm not afraid of the cold. So what do you reckon? Do you think I'd have a good time? Is there a reasonable road cycling culture in Hobart, or am I dreaming? All advice & opinions are appreciated! :D

Hally

Postby Hally » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:40 pm

sorry its a bit late, but for what its worth...there are plenty of hills around hobart. it doesn't rain much, although the last couple of months have been unusually damp for the time of year...hobart is the 2nd driest state capital...but the mountain gets more rain than the rest of hobart, and if you like hills you'll want to go that way..anywy, i guess you probably already know this by now...

regarding the road scene...there are plenty of people out and about on their bikes. i saw 3 bunches of 8+ out this morning and numerous smaller groups
Dave

'09 TCR Advanced/Viner CompLine/C'Dale Tandem/GaryFisher Marlin/Univega Conquest/Apollo Jaguar(SS)