Pelverata Road info

AndyRevill

Pelverata Road info

Postby AndyRevill » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:50 am

Hi All,

Can anyone give me some info on how long the dirt section is on Pelverata road? Also, is it on a relatively flat or steep section and any idea on the current condition? I want to do a loop from Margate and would prefer to go anti-clockwise i.e. over Pelverata from the Sandfly end but if the dirt is steep I may go the other way.

Many thanks,

Andy
Trek 1.7 dec.
Trek Domane 4.5

2wheels_mond

Re: Pelverata Road info

Postby 2wheels_mond » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:27 am

The dirt's on a relatively flat section, and it's quite well kept (although the rain over the last few days will not have helped). I started from the South Hobart side, I think going the other way would be a little harder but I'm yet to try it myself.

Here's a Pelverata/Cygnet/Kingston loop I did a couple weeks ago:

http://www.strava.com/activities/218332276" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AndyRevill

Postby AndyRevill » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:14 pm

Thanks heaps, that's perfect. Almost went today but ended up having to do something else :( but it's on the agenda soon :D

Cheers, Andy
Trek 1.7 dec.
Trek Domane 4.5

rangersac

Postby rangersac » Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:38 am

Yep, the dirt is fine and generally good quality as the section isn't subject to much in the way of water erosion. Coming from the Huonville end is definitely harder IMHO.
De Rosa Macro | Intense Primer | Wayward Cape York | Cotic Rocket

AndyRevill

Postby AndyRevill » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:45 am

Finally got to ride it yesterday. Great ride! at the moment I'd say in places the bitumen is worse than the dirt - a few pot holes going almost all the way across the road. The dirt was generally fine apart from one bit about a km from the end, badly corrugated and I couldn't find an easy way through. I thought my arms were going to vibrate out of their sockets :shock:

cheers, Andy
Trek 1.7 dec.
Trek Domane 4.5