Seeking a Road bike in Hobart for a day.

EwanH

Seeking a Road bike in Hobart for a day.

Postby EwanH » Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:00 pm

Hello all Tas-wegians.

Let me first state, I am one of you! I was born in hobart some 32 years back and left not long before I turned 12. Fear not for I have returned to the MOTHRLAND! I am currently sitting in a B&B in Coles bay on my way down to Hobart after a few days riding through the north-east.

Not joking:
http://aworldofcarbonandsteel.blogspot. ... south.html

Anyway, I really am pondering what to do after my Hobart stay. I'd planned to head up north over 3 days but TBH, not looking like I can do it. 3 days of 90km+ with some mega hills on a loaded tourering bike? After 2 weeks of riding? Nerp. So I'm thinking come back to Hobart, chill, and bus it back up to the ferry. Giving some much needed me time.

But what's that? the topic is about hire I say! So I want to hit the hill up. The big one. I want to do it on a proper roadie and not my steel touring bike because she's just nt up to it. I came across this post from earlier in the year viewtopic.php?f=20&t=68355" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and thought, I may as well ask your opinions. I'll be looking to do this about 8th or 9th of Jan so anyone keen to join in is more than welcome.

I'll hit up this 'Cyclingo' place too and see what they can do me.

fixedlegs2012

Re: Seeking a Road bike in Hobart for a day.

Postby fixedlegs2012 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:29 pm

If you go into Cyclingo they hire quality bikes not sure of the price but believe it is reasonable.

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:21 pm

I wish i had been able to find out about Cyclingo when i was down there, i had to borrow a too-big old steel bike from a forum member (though i was very grateful all the same).
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia

rangersac

Postby rangersac » Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:54 am

What size bike do you need? Might be able to scrounge up something for you to borrow...
De Rosa Macro | Intense Primer | Wayward Cape York | Cotic Rocket

EwanH

Postby EwanH » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:12 am

rangersac wrote:What size bike do you need? Might be able to scrounge up something for you to borrow...
Hello there,

I'm a big lad and use a 57-59 size frame. Current roadie is a 57 (cell Omeo) and almost too small. I'm leaving Bruny Island today for Blackmans and will be in Hobart the following morning. Planning an early morning ride on Saturday leaving from South Hobart area before I have to leave and get the ferry.

rangersac

Postby rangersac » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:10 am

PM'd you mate with some contact details, get in touch and we'll see what we can organise.
De Rosa Macro | Intense Primer | Wayward Cape York | Cotic Rocket