Travelling Tasmania - What would you take with you?

Kirenya

Travelling Tasmania - What would you take with you?

Postby Kirenya » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:05 am

Hello everyone!

I'm a german girl on a working holiday visa and plan to travel Tasmania by bike. Not sure I' really going to go around completely but so far it's a plan.
Because I have never been to Tasmania before I hope you could tell me a little bit about what you would definitely take with you.
My travel buddy will be a Merida Big Seven 40 - although a proper touring bike would probably be a better choice.

Looking forward to your answers!

Regards,
Kirenya

rangersac

Re: Travelling Tasmania - What would you take with you?

Postby rangersac » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:24 pm

Welcome Kirenya. Tassie is a great place for bike touring with a fantastic diversity of land and seascapes in a relatively small land area. In regards of what to bring that depends somewhat on exactly when you are planning on undertaking your trip, and also if you are aiming for full on camping or just credit card touring. The weather is very changeable, and the highland areas can get extremely cold at any time of year, equally the weather can be very hot during summer. One thing that is a must is low gears, Tassie has lots of hills!
De Rosa Macro | Intense Primer | Wayward Cape York | Cotic Rocket

RonK

Re: Travelling Tasmania - What would you take with you?

Postby RonK » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:23 pm

Have a read through my Tasmania touring journal. You will find a gear checklist at the bottom of the page about baggage.
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...