Flash Appreciation Society

Vintage, yesteryear and retro biking

Flash Appreciation Society

Postby RobertFrith » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:22 am

What were we thinking? The Flash appreciation society is obviously long overdue :D

Flash was a WA brand started and owned by one of the states greatest ever all rounders; Eddie Barron. Eddie shone on the track as well as on long distance events. He employed young riders in his shop and sponsored many club races. Despite his profile in the WA racing scene, and the fact that his frames were very well regarded, very little has been recorded about the history of Flash. Flash bikes, though produced in very small numbers compared to Swansea, another local frame builder of repute, have found their way all over the world. The lightning bolt on the headtube and forks makes these frames easy to recognise.

In the recent past I sold a Flash frame that was too big for me - silverlight picked that one up (and he's in Adelaide!). I bought another from a fellow WAHCC member and had a PM from another forumite, who'd "heard on the grapevine" that I had one, to discuss original equipment for a restoration (pics below) . Links to a couple of previous posts about Flash on BNA; Chrome frame sold in 2012 and someone chasing decals a few years back

A few months ago I set up a Flash Register on the WAHCC site. It is yet to be overrun with contributions but searching the forums tells me that a few of you lot have a Flash in the stable... SO LET"S SEE THEM :!:

RobertFrith

Return to Retro biking