eBay prices on the rise, good time to sell old junk?

User avatar
Hamster
Posts: 607
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:05 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: eBay prices on the rise, good time to sell old junk?

Postby Hamster » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:15 am

It would not be at all strange if history came to the conclusion that the perfection of the bicycle was the greatest achievement of the nineteenth century.

seddo
Posts: 390
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:58 pm
Location: ACT

Re: eBay prices on the rise, good time to sell old junk?

Postby seddo » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:27 am

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Vintage-Eddy ... 500wt_1414

For the Merckx lovers unfortunately too big for me
Image

User avatar
Ph billet
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:26 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: eBay prices on the rise, good time to sell old junk?

Postby Ph billet » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:56 pm

munga wrote:just coz they're missing some teeth, smoke durries, have mullets, wear singlets, footy shorts and thongs, and ride to the TAB on a weekday morning without a helmet, does not necessarily mean they've lost their licence.






That's funny :lol: :lol:

User avatar
singlespeedscott
Posts: 4925
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:35 pm
Location: Elimbah, Queensland

Re: eBay prices on the rise, good time to sell old junk?

Postby singlespeedscott » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:14 pm

ldrcycles wrote:$10,000 for 30 magazines?!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Rouleur-Maga ... 2a29c307c3

Very optimistic given that they are only £10 an issue and that they are only up to issue no.36.

Nice mag. But hardly rare.
Image


User avatar
Hamster
Posts: 607
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:05 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: eBay prices on the rise, good time to sell old junk?

Postby Hamster » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:10 pm

It would not be at all strange if history came to the conclusion that the perfection of the bicycle was the greatest achievement of the nineteenth century.

tripstobaltimore
Posts: 916
Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 10:59 am

Re: eBay prices on the rise, good time to sell old junk?

Postby tripstobaltimore » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:06 pm

Rob74 wrote:de-rosa


Sigh..... My size too :(

User avatar
Rob74
Posts: 559
Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 12:26 pm
Location: Hunter Valley, NSW

Re: eBay prices on the rise, good time to sell old junk?

Postby Rob74 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:54 pm

Anyone score the Peter Bundy per earlier post Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:30 pm?...AU $375.55

Curious what it weighs? 9.5kg?, is it 531C?

Rob

User avatar
sunho
Posts: 433
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:22 am

Re: eBay prices on the rise, good time to sell old junk?

Postby sunho » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:19 am

was watching that too.

Guerciotti in SA
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Guerciotti-R ... 031wt_1397

User avatar
Mustang
Posts: 1398
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:20 am
Location: Little Mountain Q
Contact:

Re: eBay prices on the rise, good time to sell old junk?

Postby Mustang » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:53 am

Dan wrote:It's the vibe, man!

In other news - Vitus at a nice price

Look at it NOW??
Vitus are on the UP
Image

User avatar
sunho
Posts: 433
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:22 am

Re: eBay prices on the rise, good time to sell old junk?

Postby sunho » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:35 pm

very interested to see how much these aussie builder ones go for:

Kenevans
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/230935309096 ... 500wt_1288
Gefsco
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/271163297630 ... 500wt_1288

User avatar
bychosis
Posts: 4252
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:10 pm
Location: Lake Macquarie

Re: eBay prices on the rise, good time to sell old junk?

Postby bychosis » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:13 pm

Not sure if this has graced the thread.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Vintage-Bianchi-Road-Bike-Italian-80s-/330882607481?pt=AU_Sport_Cycling_Bikes&hash=item4d0a23e979

Remarkably similar one sold on Saturday for $73.50 http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/251233845835 (feedback shows buyer is now seller)

Must have been too big.
bychosis (bahy-koh-sis): A mental disorder of delusions indicating impaired contact with a reality of no bicycles.

User avatar
singlespeedscott
Posts: 4925
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:35 pm
Location: Elimbah, Queensland

Re: eBay prices on the rise, good time to sell old junk?

Postby singlespeedscott » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:39 pm

bychosis wrote:Not sure if this has graced the thread.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Vintage-Bianchi-Road-Bike-Italian-80s-/330882607481?pt=AU_Sport_Cycling_Bikes&hash=item4d0a23e979

Remarkably similar one sold on Saturday for $73.50 http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/251233845835 (feedback shows buyer is now seller)

Must have been too big.

Must of bought it and discovered that not all Bianchi's are created equal. They use to do the full range, Pro level through to K-Mart specials.
Image

User avatar
grantw
Posts: 1708
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:22 am
Location: Wollongong

Re: eBay prices on the rise, good time to sell old junk?

Postby grantw » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:49 pm

You don't see this every day
Image

xerlex
Posts: 176
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:59 pm

Re: eBay prices on the rise, good time to sell old junk?

Postby xerlex » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:43 pm

singlespeedscott wrote:
bychosis wrote:Not sure if this has graced the thread.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Vintage-Bianchi-Road-Bike-Italian-80s-/330882607481?pt=AU_Sport_Cycling_Bikes&hash=item4d0a23e979

Remarkably similar one sold on Saturday for $73.50 http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/251233845835 (feedback shows buyer is now seller)

Must have been too big.

Must of bought it and discovered that not all Bianchi's are created equal. They use to do the full range, Pro level through to K-Mart specials.


I had heard once that a local builder who's surname is spelled in a similar way to Raleigh imported a bunch of low end shitters and re branded them as Bianchis.

peterk
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:24 pm

Re: eBay prices on the rise, good time to sell old junk?

Postby peterk » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:58 pm


xerlex
Posts: 176
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:59 pm

Re: eBay prices on the rise, good time to sell old junk?

Postby xerlex » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:09 pm



Totally. A much nicer 700c Routens sold for around the $2000 mark about 6 months ago. As nice as Routens stuff was, it has nowhere near the collectability of a Rene Herse and the seller is asking Herse money.

scratchman
Posts: 467
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:56 am
Location: Carapooee, central victoria

Re: eBay prices on the rise, good time to sell old junk?

Postby scratchman » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:43 pm

munga wrote:just coz they're missing some teeth, smoke durries, have mullets, wear singlets, footy shorts and thongs, and ride to the TAB on a weekday morning without a helmet, does not necessarily mean they've lost their licence.


and you should see what the blokes get up to :shock:
Phil

User avatar
Mustang
Posts: 1398
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:20 am
Location: Little Mountain Q
Contact:

Re: eBay prices on the rise, good time to sell old junk?

Postby Mustang » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:41 pm

Restored 5 Star
I think this was cheap, on checking the highest bidder they have zero purchases? would this be odd or would the sale be pulled?

I would love this!! 3 bids already
Image

User avatar
ldrcycles
Posts: 8172
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Kin Kin, Queensland

Re: eBay prices on the rise, good time to sell old junk?

Postby ldrcycles » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:42 pm

grantw wrote:You don't see this every day


That's very unusual, i'd like to have a good snoop over it and have a proper look at how that works.
When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments- Elizabeth West.

User avatar
HappyHumber
Posts: 4929
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:48 pm
Location: Perth, (S.o.R.) W.A.

Re: eBay prices on the rise, good time to sell old junk?

Postby HappyHumber » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:54 pm

ldrcycles wrote:
grantw wrote:You don't see this every day

That's very unusual, i'd like to have a good snoop over it and have a proper look at how that works.


Indeed.. but it doesn't exactly reek of high quality componetry nonetheless.
- Kym
Since I keep misplacing my common sense down the shed, I guess I'll have to borrow someone elses off the internet.

morini
Posts: 832
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 8:53 pm
Location: Southern Downs Qld

Re: eBay prices on the rise, good time to sell old junk?

Postby morini » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:56 pm

Mustang wrote:Restored 5 Star
I think this was cheap, on checking the highest bidder they have zero purchases? would this be odd or would the sale be pulled?

I would love this!! 3 bids already


I hate it when there's a O buyer bidding. It reeks of fraud to me. Keep driving the price up d***g.

User avatar
singlespeedscott
Posts: 4925
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:35 pm
Location: Elimbah, Queensland

Re: eBay prices on the rise, good time to sell old junk?

Postby singlespeedscott » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:03 pm

xerlex wrote:


Totally. A much nicer 700c Routens sold for around the $2000 mark about 6 months ago. As nice as Routens stuff was, it has nowhere near the collectability of a Rene Herse and the seller is asking Herse money.

I actually like this more. A much better price too.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/151006516061 ... 1049wt_922
Image

User avatar
grantw
Posts: 1708
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:22 am
Location: Wollongong

Re: eBay prices on the rise, good time to sell old junk?

Postby grantw » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:28 pm

HappyHumber wrote:
ldrcycles wrote:
grantw wrote:You don't see this every day

That's very unusual, i'd like to have a good snoop over it and have a proper look at how that works.


Indeed.. but it doesn't exactly reek of high quality componetry nonetheless.


Agreed, a dunga for sure, but I'd love to see it in action.
Image

User avatar
ldrcycles
Posts: 8172
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Kin Kin, Queensland

Re: eBay prices on the rise, good time to sell old junk?

Postby ldrcycles » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:31 pm

singlespeedscott wrote:I actually like this more. A much better price too.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/151006516061 ... 1049wt_922


That front derailleur in particular looks very cool.
When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments- Elizabeth West.

Return to “Retro biking”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users