eBay prices on the rise, good time to sell old junk?

Vintage, yesteryear and retro biking

Re: eBay prices on the rise, good time to sell old junk?

Postby duncan16v » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:40 pm

It's baaaaaaaaaack....

eBay Tourette's: Grab yerself a bargain. A real shed find. Just needs new tyres and it will be ready to ride. Rare - never seen one like this before. Good condition. Relisted due to time wasters. Funky. Retro. Fixie
User avatar
duncan16v
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:09 am
Location: Melbourne

by BNA » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:12 pm

BNA
 

Re: eBay prices on the rise, good time to sell old junk?

Postby Tinker » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:12 pm

duncan16v wrote:It's baaaaaaaaaack....

eBay Tourette's: Grab yerself a bargain. A real shed find. Just needs new tyres and it will be ready to ride. Rare - never seen one like this before. Good condition. Relisted due to time wasters. Funky. Retro. Fixie


I'm gonna go for it! :lol:
Tinker
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:30 pm

Re: eBay prices on the rise, good time to sell old junk?

Postby duncan16v » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:41 pm

Two bids!
User avatar
duncan16v
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:09 am
Location: Melbourne

Re: eBay prices on the rise, good time to sell old junk?

Postby Tinker » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:11 pm

Damn! None are mine yet!
Tinker
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:30 pm

Re: eBay prices on the rise, good time to sell old junk?

Postby Kermit TF » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:01 pm

That Porch is starting to annoy me.. :?
When in doubt......mumble.
User avatar
Kermit TF
 
Posts: 346
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:52 pm
Location: Canbrrra

Re: eBay prices on the rise, good time to sell old junk?

Postby find_bruce » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:35 pm

sunho wrote:531 in syd 26inch? i think not..

Meh. Apparently size "doesn't really matter if you're intentions are to fixie it."
Image
User avatar
find_bruce
 
Posts: 4088
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 8:42 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: eBay prices on the rise, good time to sell old junk?

Postby frailer5 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:02 am

find_bruce wrote:
sunho wrote:531 in syd 26inch? i think not..

Meh. Apparently size "doesn't really matter if you're intentions are to fixie it."

He would have done it up, only to find he looked like a chimp on a BMX. Doesn't look a 6'2" bike to me. :lol: Well, obviously...
Well, no, it's not a pushbike, otherwise I'd be pushing it...
Ricardo Elite, '87 Keith Davis/Pegasus, '92 Team Miyata Ti.
User avatar
frailer5
 
Posts: 956
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:25 am
Location: Sydney

Re: eBay prices on the rise, good time to sell old junk?

Postby singlespeedscott » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:27 am

frailer5 wrote:
find_bruce wrote:
sunho wrote:531 in syd 26inch? i think not..

Meh. Apparently size "doesn't really matter if you're intentions are to fixie it."

He would have done it up, only to find he looked like a chimp on a BMX. Doesn't look a 6'2" bike to me. :lol: Well, obviously...

Yes a 6'2" bloke certainly does not ride a 22" vintage bike. Unless he's an ex-hipster of course.
Image
User avatar
singlespeedscott
 
Posts: 3627
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:35 pm
Location: Elimbah, Queensland

Re: eBay prices on the rise, good time to sell old junk?

Postby ldrcycles » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:22 am

singlespeedscott wrote:Yes a 6'2" bloke certainly does not ride a 22" vintage bike. Unless he's an ex-hipster of course.


I do :) .
When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments- Elizabeth West.
User avatar
ldrcycles
 
Posts: 7096
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:19 pm
Location: Kin Kin, Queensland

Re: eBay prices on the rise, good time to sell old junk?

Postby sunho » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:16 pm

suntour cyclone tange infinity this isnt too bad, the price a tad high (hurstville)
Europa Technicomps looks XL. 95? buy me now! (Padstow)
Kuwahara classic? cant make out components (looks suntour arc-y) but again, a tad exxy
User avatar
sunho
 
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:22 am

Re: eBay prices on the rise, good time to sell old junk?

Postby frailer5 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:34 pm

sunho wrote:suntour cyclone tange infinity this isnt too bad, the price a tad high (hurstville)

Wonder what that fork crown is like? Would think it was too early for unicrown, which might be a good thing. Looks OK though, except for the price being a bit marginal.
Well, no, it's not a pushbike, otherwise I'd be pushing it...
Ricardo Elite, '87 Keith Davis/Pegasus, '92 Team Miyata Ti.
User avatar
frailer5
 
Posts: 956
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:25 am
Location: Sydney

Re: eBay prices on the rise, good time to sell old junk?

Postby DarrylH » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:57 pm

I am actually speechless. Only $325 for that!

Apollo Mixte
DarrylH
 
Posts: 454
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:33 pm

Re: eBay prices on the rise, good time to sell old junk?

Postby duncan16v » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:30 pm

DarrylH wrote:I am actually speechless. Only $325 for that!

Apollo Mixte


Yes, but it's a real shed find! A genuine classic! Hand painted frame! Worth a look!
User avatar
duncan16v
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:09 am
Location: Melbourne

Re: eBay prices on the rise, good time to sell old junk?

Postby duncan16v » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm

Which reminds me. I wonder how our Porshe is doing?

The $6666.66 buy it now price is gone and it's attracted 3 bids.
User avatar
duncan16v
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:09 am
Location: Melbourne

Re: eBay prices on the rise, good time to sell old junk?

Postby rkelsen » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:08 pm

duncan16v wrote:eBay Tourette's
...
Funky. Retro. Fixie

:lol: Classic!
User avatar
rkelsen
 
Posts: 4369
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:41 pm

Re: eBay prices on the rise, good time to sell old junk?

Postby Tinker » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:44 pm

duncan16v wrote:Which reminds me. I wonder how our Porshe is doing?

The $6666.66 buy it now price is gone and it's attracted 3 bids.


Not quite $6666.66

But I smashed it up to $6.00
Tinker
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:30 pm

Re: eBay prices on the rise, good time to sell old junk?

Postby yugyug » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:36 am

sunho wrote:Kuwahara classic? cant make out components (looks suntour arc-y) but again, a tad exxy


is that electrical tape wrapped around the rear derailer?

seat post bolt has been replaced. Maybe thats nothing, but I bought a bike recently which looked that that and it turned out the seat post had been swapped with one which was too small, and the bolt like that used to crank up the tension - but of a hassle to sort out...
User avatar
yugyug
 
Posts: 1023
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:27 am

Re: eBay prices on the rise, good time to sell old junk?

Postby koen » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:34 pm

yugyug wrote:
sunho wrote:Kuwahara classic? cant make out components (looks suntour arc-y) but again, a tad exxy


is that electrical tape wrapped around the rear derailer?



I think its an old suntour rear mech. I seem to recall stuff with a blue line through it.
It does seem a bit pricey though.
User avatar
koen
 
Posts: 535
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: eBay prices on the rise, good time to sell old junk?

Postby LugNut » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:19 pm

koen wrote:
yugyug wrote:
sunho wrote:Kuwahara classic? cant make out components (looks suntour arc-y) but again, a tad exxy


is that electrical tape wrapped around the rear derailer?



I think its an old suntour rear mech. I seem to recall stuff with a blue line through it.
It does seem a bit pricey though.


Called Suntour 'BL', no prize for guessing what that stands for. Mid range stuff, but kooky.
User avatar
LugNut
 
Posts: 518
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:33 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: eBay prices on the rise, good time to sell old junk?

Postby Kermit TF » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:26 pm

DarrylH wrote:I am actually speechless. Only $325 for that!

Apollo Mixte

As an apollophille, well.....thats the best laugh Ive had all day :wink:
When in doubt......mumble.
User avatar
Kermit TF
 
Posts: 346
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:52 pm
Location: Canbrrra

Re: eBay prices on the rise, good time to sell old junk?

Postby LugNut » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:54 pm

Bicycles Three fairly nice bicycles in a group sale here, all with Shimano 600 Arabesque kit in ratty condition. Personally I'd be interested in that Tange Champion Mixte.

Also, this has to be close to my dream road bike, although not built like that :x . Team Miyata
User avatar
LugNut
 
Posts: 518
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:33 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: eBay prices on the rise, good time to sell old junk?

Postby rangersac » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:43 am

Hillman double eyletted frame. Crap photo but maybe worth a visit.

Nice double butted 26" Ricardo Frame. Would be a great build up for an off road tourer

Overpriced Repco Nishiki, but good to look at.
De Rosa Macro | Trek 8000ZR | Claud Butler Sovereign
User avatar
rangersac
 
Posts: 988
Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 11:01 am
Location: Snug, Tasmania

Re: eBay prices on the rise, good time to sell old junk?

Postby sunho » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:14 am

Dancelli 350, i've seen people pay more (MEL)
Trek Sport 370 in "fair" condition, fair start price (VIC)
Giant Kronos 56 with extras (AT) a reasonable price (SYD)
Vintage collectors item? a description which was quite insightful! (Windsor)
User avatar
sunho
 
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:22 am

Re: eBay prices on the rise, good time to sell old junk?

Postby Miyata_912 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:35 pm

LugNut wrote:Bicycles Three fairly nice bicycles in a group sale here, all with Shimano 600 Arabesque kit in ratty condition. Personally I'd be interested in that Tange Champion Mixte.

Also, this has to be close to my dream road bike, although not built like that :x . Team Miyata


Mann love that MIyata, hmmm my size to.
N + 1
1986 Team Miyata
1988 Miyata 912
Prototype handmade Bamboo 3 speed
1996 Kona Kilauea
User avatar
Miyata_912
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:13 pm

Re: eBay prices on the rise, good time to sell old junk?

Postby WestcoastPete » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:37 pm

rangersac wrote:Hillman double eyletted frame. Crap photo but maybe worth a visit.



That rear dropout looks a bit munted. Might be the lens though...
User avatar
WestcoastPete
 
Posts: 864
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:59 pm
Location: Peoples Republic of Coburg, Victoria

PreviousNext

Return to Retro biking

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: matt1986, old steel Bikes



Popular Bike Shops
Wiggle Wiggle UK
Ground Effect Ground Effect NZ
Ebay Ebay AU
Chain Reaction Cycles CRC UK

“Bicycles BNA Twitter
“Bicycles BNA Facebook
“Google+ BNA Google+
“Bicycles BNA Newsletter

> FREE BNA Stickers