Malvern Star Coronation "Elizabethan"

Clydesdale Scot

Re: Malvern Star Coronation "Elizabethan"

Postby Clydesdale Scot » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:34 pm

only Ford Prefect I know about was the one created by Douglas Adams.

Matt12345

Postby Matt12345 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:07 pm

Hi guys,

Firstly, thank you for the wealth of information and inspiration provided in previous posts; which have helped me to complete a fun restoration project.

I purchased a cosmetically rough but seemingly solid 1954 Melbourne build earlier this year:

Quite quickly I found the all-too-common seat post crack and eventually decided to get a frame builder to repair the damage.

I did the paint myself and used a 2 part Dulux Candy-style green to go as close as I could to the original colour with a rattle can, the results were pretty impressive for the price.

Anyway the final build is almost finished, just a chain to go on. It certainly isn't factory original but I tried to keep it as genuine as I could. Overall I'm just happy to keep a classic bike from the scrap heap!

Further photos (or all the photos if I get the upload wrong) can be found here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/139050278@N05/

Get in touch if you have any questions and I look forward to reading about future projects!
Last edited by Matt12345 on Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

koen

Postby koen » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:16 pm

Nice job Matt 12345. I really must get onto finishing mine. I like the colour you chose.
I see yours has Magistroni cranks. Were they original on yours. I was planning to use those too, certainly right era but I think my 55 model had BSA originally.

Matt12345

Postby Matt12345 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:03 pm

koen wrote:Nice job Matt 12345. I really must get onto finishing mine. I like the colour you chose.
I see yours has Magistroni cranks. Were they original on yours. I was planning to use those too, certainly right era but I think my 55 model had BSA originally.
Thanks! The cranks were provided with the frame etc when I bought it, I never confirmed that they were exactly original but as you say, they seemed to be the correct era and suit the frame so I stuck with them.