Shogun Appreciation Society

Gregory B.

Re: Shogun Appreciation Society

Postby Gregory B. » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:50 am

uart wrote:
Gregory B. wrote:Any info on what I have would be helpful.

Please don't use Photobucket. It's broken and it's malware.

So what can i use? No googledrive, onedrive, imgur or photobucket. Photobucket was one that was used before in other pages. can someone give me something?

ianb58

Postby ianb58 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:03 am

This should help

http://www.bicycles.net.au/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=95225&p=1410056&hilit=google+drive+photos#p1410056

Although it usually takes me two or three goes to embed any photos successfully, but that is just down to my lack of computing knowledge. (took me two goes to embed the web address too)

Bunged Knee

Postby Bunged Knee » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:29 pm

Gregory B. wrote:So I stumbled across this forum while looking for a new bicycle and I saw that people love the Shogun bicycle that i currently use. It was my father's but he does not ride anymore and i have used this bicycle for 15 years. I am so sorry for what I am about to show you guys and galls. We have no idea how old it is only that it was bought in the late 70's. I think it was made between '76 and '79. My dad used it for 5 years and it was stored away for 18 years. Any info on what I have would be helpful. I was never planning to sell it or junk but maybe i will repair it for my future children or something.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

So sorry

Haven't you read the post image thread and not using the preview button before being
submitted properly???
These pics might be gone one day.
ID please? What ID? My seat tube ID is 27.2mm or 31.6mm depending on what bikes I ride today.thanks...

TopSide

Postby TopSide » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:05 am

Gregory B. wrote:So I stumbled across this forum while looking for a new bicycle and I saw that people love the Shogun bicycle that i currently use. It was my father's but he does not ride anymore and i have used this bicycle for 15 years. I am so sorry for what I am about to show you guys and galls. We have no idea how old it is only that it was bought in the late 70's. I think it was made between '76 and '79. My dad used it for 5 years and it was stored away for 18 years. Any info on what I have would be helpful. I was never planning to sell it or junk but maybe i will repair it for my future children or something.

Hello Gregory B.,

looked at the pictures of your Shogun. Thanks to Bunged Knee for putting those up.

Looking at the headbadge you are correct about the date range for the bicycle.

The frame number stamped into the BB shell can be used to determine the year the frame was manufactured.

I don't know the model but I do know that the model 300 had ST tubes.

The model number decal was usually in the middle of the top tube.

Aldavid

Postby Aldavid » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:26 pm

My first Shogun.
Was given this frame to restore, so I did. Managed to save the downtube decals but the toptube decals were too bad to save.
Now fitted with 600 Arabesque groupset. Japanese Sakae hubs and rims, japanese nitto bars. Seat and post are non japanese.
92 spectra version I believe ?
If you dont know where you are going...how will you know when you get there !

P!N20

Postby P!N20 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:26 pm

^ Do you mean Selectra?

Aldavid

Postby Aldavid » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:32 pm

Ha, well spotted, cant even blame auto correct for that one. But yes Selectra was the decals on the top tube. Would love to replace them but is unlikely.
If you dont know where you are going...how will you know when you get there !

Return to “Retro biking”