Source for quality cotter pins?

oldschoolfool

Re: Source for quality cotter pins?

Postby oldschoolfool » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:30 am

rkelsen wrote:
rustychisel wrote:Couldn't win the war, couldn't make a car or a tank worth a damn.
*cough* FerrariLamborghiniMaserati *cough*
Yes, very nice cars. But they don't compare to Chamberlain tractors, Conor-Shea headers or a Horwood Bagshaw stump jump plough!!
  • Tange Free Zone

ValleyForge

Postby ValleyForge » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:02 pm

rkelsen wrote:
rustychisel wrote:Couldn't win the war, couldn't make a car or a tank worth a damn.
Reliability? What reliability. I remember the "Not The Nine-O-Clock News" skit: "Built by robots, welded by lasers, driven by Italians".

Back on topic: I can remember the putty soft cotter pins that were fitted to the Amaroo BMX bikes which we said were made of "Hong Kong Alloy".
Ha ha ha! Cookies on dowels.

rkelsen

Postby rkelsen » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:39 pm

ValleyForge wrote:
rkelsen wrote:
Reliability? What reliability.
Italy 1974:
Australia 1974:

Both as reliable as each other... BUT one is still cool... a timeless design... a work of art even... and worth more than $0.20/tonne at Sims :lol:

I'm not even going to mention the fine piece of British engineering that is the Ford Cortina...

rchrd

Postby rchrd » Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:02 pm

rkelsen wrote: Italy 1974:
Australia 1974:

Both as reliable as each other... BUT one is still cool... a timeless design... a work of art even... and worth more than $0.20/tonne at Sims :lol:

I'm not even going to mention the fine piece of British engineering that is the Ford Cortina...
I think you're being a bit hard on the Maserati. Sure the Kingswood is still cool, a timeless design, but work of art is taking it a bit far though.

barefoot

Postby barefoot » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:53 pm

rchrd wrote:
kukamunga wrote:
rchrd wrote:I think the cranks are Japanese, the only markings are SMC on the axle and little penguins wearing scarves stamped into the crank arms.
I hope you've got a good close up function on your camera, rchrd. Those cute sounding penguins don't exist till we see pics of 'em..... (please!) :wink:
Here ya go

There's the same penguin on the crank axle along with "SMC" and "Japan". I'm going to post a thread about the bike I got them with because I'm not sure what it is, it'll be up soon.
Did we ever come to any conclusions about these little penguins?

'Cos I got me another set :-)

Well, I only have the one penguin, because his friend has been lost in the patina:

They're from my ?1950s? Repco, a hard rubbish find which I'm documenting over here.

tim

wurtulla wabbit

Postby wurtulla wabbit » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:08 pm

Try any old bike shops in the UK, the bike shop I worked in the early 90's would,have a !! BAN ME NOW FOR SWEARING !! load of them in attic ! If not binned.
Had Sheffield on them but that was when Sheffield was a bustling steel town (quality too ).