Geoff Scott frame builder -

DavidI

Re: Geoff Scott frame builder -

Postby DavidI » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:14 pm

Rob74 wrote:DavidI » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:45 am
Re "Actually for a bike of that era that's completely normal. 32 hole rims were only just becoming popular/available by the late '80s, and even then still 3 cross with stainless spokes."

Hmmm, my comment was based on

1985 Apollo V 27 x 1 Araya Red Rims - Stainless Steel spokes
1987/88 Repco Olympic12 700C Wobler Gentleman GTA Rims - Plated steel spokes
1988/89 Repco Eurosport Tria 700c Araya Rims - Plated steel spokes
1987/88 Repco Vertex 700c UKAI Rims - Plated steel spokes

=>> All four (4) bikes came 32 Hole laced 3 Cross

Rob
FWIW A quick check of the 87/88 Repco cttledogs shows both the Olympic 12 and the Vertex had 36 spoke wheels, the Vertex had stainless spokes. My comment was based on what I and all my racing mates were riding in the late '80s.......

frailer5

Postby frailer5 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:58 pm

Just caught up with the link a few posts back, rob74, tagged 'Sweet 1991 Clamont'. Great read; thanks. :)

here are 2 pages from Push On mag, Aug/Sept '86. Geoff is listed. Also chuffed to see Keith Davis listed, builder of a Pegasus bike I acquired last year. The scanning quality is a WIP. :)
You'll have to count the rows to get doublepage flowover. Sorry.

Click on a page, it will zip you into my smugmug area. Go to menu (top), click on X3--->Large. Read away. Tabbing between the pages in smugmug... fairly easy to read across. The offset (uncoated) stock, from memory not that HiQual in the day, has not fared too well in the Sydney clime over 25+ years. Scanning enhancements will improve over time.
Anyone here have any legal knowledge on print/copyright? How do I stand reproducing stuff like this on line, after several decades?

http://frailer5.smugmug.com/Other/Pegasusfit-out1/i-fkHt7RT/0/X3/DSCF0665-X3.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Well, no, it's not a pushbike, otherwise I'd be pushing it...
Ricardo Elite, '87 Keith Davis/Pegasus, '92 Team Miyata Ti.

frailer5

Postby frailer5 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:31 am

Just caught up with the link a few posts back, rob74, tagged 'Sweet 1991 Clamont'. Great read; thanks. :)

here are 2 pages from Push On mag, Aug/Sept '86. Geoff is listed. Also chuffed to see Keith Davis listed, builder of a Pegasus bike I acquired last year. The scanning quality is a WIP. :)
You'll have to count the rows to get doublepage flowover. Sorry.

Click on a page, it will zip you into my smugmug area. Go to menu (top), click on X3--->Large. Read away. Tabbing between the pages in smugmug... fairly easy to read across. The offset (uncoated) stock, from memory not that HiQual in the day, has not fared too well in the Sydney clime over 25+ years. Scanning enhancements will improve over time.
Anyone here have any legal knowledge on print/copyright? How do I stand reproducing stuff like this online, after several decades?

frailer5

Postby frailer5 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:42 am

I inadvertently quoted instead of Editing. Could a Mod remove the earlier post, as well as this request. :oops: I'll happily blame Day8 of the shingles, which am having so much fun with right now.

Clydesdale Scot

Postby Clydesdale Scot » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:58 am

frailer5 wrote: Anyone here have any legal knowledge on print/copyright? How do I stand reproducing stuff like this online, after several decades?
PM sent :cry:

frailer5

Postby frailer5 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:56 pm

Clydesdale Scot has enhanced the listing appearance using his greater experience on this stuff. Link here.
I assume this is in order, thanks!