Mystery Frame with unusual lugs

spirito

Re: Mystery Frame with unusual lugs

Postby spirito » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:41 am

sixx wrote:... with a face only a mother could love.
:idea: Nice lugs, shame about the face? :mrgreen:
Cranky Jim wrote: God did not invent gears. Men invented gears ... because we are not gods.

cludence

Postby cludence » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:41 pm

I found out today that Century was a brand Smith Sons and Rees built and sold. I was told it is definately a Debus built frame. The information came from someone who once had a Debus built frame with Century on the downtube. Will hopefully find out more on the weekend.

Karen.

spirito

Postby spirito » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:54 pm

cludence wrote:I found out today that Century was a brand Smith Sons and Rees built and sold. I was told it is definately a Debus built frame. The information came from someone who once had a Debus built frame with Century on the downtube. Will hopefully find out more on the weekend.

Karen.
Wow 8)
Cranky Jim wrote: God did not invent gears. Men invented gears ... because we are not gods.

ian theobald

Postby ian theobald » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:43 pm

Hi I recently posted on this forum about my bike which is also a Century and had what I thought was Smiths Bros written on front head stem but most likely Smiths sons and Rees.
So far I have not been able to find any one with a photo of how the word Century looked on the frame.
My memory was of it in Red running writing on the down tube over a black frame from 45 yrs ago.
Does anyone on this forum site have such a picture so I can restore my bike to as close as original as I believe my frame is worth restoring properly
Even a copy of Smiths Sons and Rees logo if available.
Surely there must be other Century.s around.
Thanks Ian
My email is scmc038@gmail.com if you have a picture

ian theobald

Postby ian theobald » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:17 pm

Hi.just wondering if anyone has been able to find an example of the Century logo that could post to me so I can have reproduced as there seems to be so little infomation I can find about my bike.
Being so ornately made must not of been cheap.
All I can find is a frame stamb under the bottom bracket stamped 4551 and 3 raised letters or numbers to hard to read across bottom bracket
I found a picture of my bike back in 1978/9 much as it is today with different paint when all my parts were brand new and clean but have no clue how to attach.
Thanks Ian

P!N20

Postby P!N20 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:30 pm

Hi Ian, can't help with the Century logo, but here's how to post pictures: http://www.bicycles.net.au/forums/viewt ... =6&t=23303

Looking forward to seeing it!

ian theobald

Postby ian theobald » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:49 pm

Photo sharing sounds way to complicated for me so may have to wait untill my daughter shows me when she has time.
Usually involves passwords and accounts and then can never remember where I sent them or passwords.
Thanks

P!N20

Postby P!N20 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:10 pm

^ Try https://postimages.org/

You don't have to sign up or create an account. Just upload your desired image, grab the link and post it here between [img] tags.

Or get your daughter to do it.

Imwit

Postby Imwit » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:29 pm

The photos are in this thread..
Century Bicycle

A taster..