Idiots guide to salvaged 80s roadies

notime

Re: Idiots guide to salvaged 80s roadies

Postby notime » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:12 pm

ldrcycles wrote:I would have a guess at a Malvern Star, purely on the basis of the shape of the forks. The only forks i've seen like that were on a late 80s/early 90s Malvern Star, the model name of which escapes me now. Possibly Elite but i'm not sure.

Thanks, It looks like a fair bit of effort has gone into the fork, not even sure I'd fit a bigger tyre in. But a few things that differ from the Malvern's of this age, my seat stays are not flat where they connect to the seat tube lug and it also is the original paint and I don't believe Malvern Star went this style on roadies and no sign it ever had decals.

roadrash2

Postby roadrash2 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:19 am

Hi new here some one mentioned a bike stickerd up with jock bullpen stickers well funny enough I picked up a bike today stickerd up with jock bullen stickers and no identifieng marks to say what the frame is apart from numbers on crank housing so far I've had no luck with them can any one help it's a alloy mountain bike frame that's all I know

drubie

Postby drubie » Tue May 17, 2016 11:23 am

Mid to late eighties Centurion Cavaletto, tange infinity frame in a large / 60cm.

A few years of commuting (and not far either, less than 10km each way). The rider (not me) a bit bigger than average but not a total ham beast.

This is the second of these taiwanese frames he has broken. My advice is to treat them a little carefully, they don't seem quite as tough as as other Tange frame sets.
So we get the leaders we deserve and we elect, we get the companies and the products that we ask for, right? And we have to ask for different things. – Paul Gilding
but really, that's rubbish. We get none of it because the choices are illusory.

michalmox

Postby michalmox » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:46 am

Please help, someone recognizes the frame manufacturer, model bicycle?

Details on the forum here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=93588

Photos on Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/michalmor ... 7103229314

Return to “Retro biking”