Project Pistacchio is rolling ..... :-)

MountGower

Postby MountGower » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:36 am

Michael

This is great news. You will soon be recomending Campag hire a few Japs, no doubt they do need to. You need to tighten the bottom bracket quite a lot and if you want that crank to stop coming loose, you might like to close your eyes when you tighten it so one doesn't pop out on the floor. I tighten mine before every ride. So much to like about Campag, yet so many reasons to shake the head also. These problems have been eliminated, but not for us using the 2005 gear.

As for the frame, I'm certain you'll love the way it feels. The feeling has never worn off on me. Each ride feels like the first. Can't wait for a picture.

Well done.

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:55 am

MountGower wrote:Michael

As for the frame, I'm certain you'll love the way it feels. The feeling has never worn off on me. Each ride feels like the first. Can't wait for a picture.

Well done.
I'll make sure the cranks are much tighter prior to next ride ....

It does feel a bit different to the LeMond (here goes the laterally stiff and vertic... :roll: ) and the best way to describe it is just that. It does feel good when out of the saddle and standing/climbing, and feels nice and "taut". The rough bitumen feels a bit "smoother".

I feel like I sit higher on the Cinelli, and am rapt with the feel of the Volare SLX seat that I snaffled (also made by Cinelli), so all 'round, a good start.

Will try and get another ride in tonight pending the rain (oh so welcome), but need to fit some lights.

Oh, and a belated thanks to the following people for helping me to get where I am now on this project - LuckyPierre, Europa, MountGower & Fyxomatosis

rustychisel

Postby rustychisel » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:07 pm

PHOTOs!!!!! We need photos, man.

Oh, and congratulations

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:50 am

Pics have finally arrived ...

Bar tape has been applied and a few more adjustements made, but the pics are a start.

Still not 100% sold on the Campag, but the frame is nice.

More stuff later