SR Sakae Litage

bgunsberger

Re: SR Sakae Litage

Postby bgunsberger » Mon May 28, 2012 12:24 pm

I was just given one of these by a friend who had it sitting in his garage for the last five years. Full Dura Ace gear. I just got it serviced and it's running great, but the paint is a big beat up. I was thinking of taking it back to bare metal and clear coating it. I've never stripped paint off a bike before - anything special I need to know?

DarrenLuke

Postby DarrenLuke » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:27 pm

Hi. Do you still have the SR Sakae Litage? If so would you be interested in selling it. I had one new (1989-1992) and would love to own one again. Thanks. Darren

bgunsberger

Postby bgunsberger » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:59 pm

I do still have it. I wasn't planning on selling it, though. What would you give me for it?

Cheers,

Ben

DarrenLuke

Postby DarrenLuke » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:05 am

Hi Ben, What size frame is yours (centre to centre) and do you have any photos of it? The one I built up in '89 had full Shimano 600 Ultegra 6400 but if the Dura-Ace was of the era I could live with it. I would even consider buying just the frame and forks (and maybe handle bar, stem and seat post) if you wanted to keep the Duar-Ace for another project. Also, where are you based (I need to consider transport costs). I am in Brisbane. Once I know size, equipment and location I can make you an offer. Thanks. Darren

jacob_T

Postby jacob_T » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:43 am

In case that doesn't work out, I have a litage that is just a tad small for me. I've been tossing up about selling it for a while, and could be tempted.

It's in great condition considering the age. Right side tt decal is good, the left side is a bit worn where the previous owner leant it up against something.

It's a 54 sq frame. Located on the Sunshine Coast, but I'm in Brisbane twice a week.

DarrenLuke

Postby DarrenLuke » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:56 pm

Hi Jacob,

54cm is the right size for me. I was following the one that sold on eBay a couple of weeks ago but it was a bit too big for me. I will wait to hear what Ben has to say the size of his.

Are you interested in selling just the frame and forks (and maybe handle bar, stem and seat post) and keep the Duar-Ace for another project? As I mentioned, I want to rebuild it true to the era with 7 speed down-tube shifters and hopefully wheels also of the era.

Thanks.

Darren

jacob_T

Postby jacob_T » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:32 pm

Yeah. I figured that'd be the go. I was planning on keeping the dura ace for another project anyway.

Let me know how you go.

DarrenLuke

Postby DarrenLuke » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:32 am

Hi Jacob, Just wanted to let you know I am still interested in the Litage but am still waiting to rear back from Ben. I will give him another few days to respond. Thanks. Darren

munga

Postby munga » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:25 am

jacob_T wrote:In case that doesn't work out, I have a litage that is just a tad small for me. I've been tossing up about selling it for a while, and could be tempted.

It's in great condition considering the age. Right side tt decal is good, the left side is a bit worn where the previous owner leant it up against something.

It's a 54 sq frame. Located on the Sunshine Coast, but I'm in Brisbane twice a week.
the previous previous owner had a bike lock wrapped around the top tube. the previous owner did no such thing! :D

jacob_T

Postby jacob_T » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:42 pm

I apologise Munga. Some slight mis-information for the sake of brevity ;)

bgunsberger

Postby bgunsberger » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:56 pm

Hi Darren,

Sorry for the slow reply. I've decided to hang on to it. I'm in Sydney so it probably wouldn't be worth your while to ship it up (depending on how badly you wanted it of course).

Cheers,

Ben

jacob_T

Postby jacob_T » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:14 pm

Hey Darren,

Send us a pm if you wanna discuss the litage further.

Jacob

pitlane3

Postby pitlane3 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:17 pm

Hi guys,
new here, but thought I show you mine.

thommo09

Postby thommo09 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:10 pm

Hi All,

I haven't been into this thread in ages but I"m glad to see its still alive and well with a few of these floating around. Unfortunately I couldn't find a way to make mine fit, so she was sent to the great auction house in the sky, where a like minded gentleman in Brisbane bought it and is now racing it against modern carbon racers. :lol:

Anyway, if anyone has a 58cm they'd like to sell I"m you man!
:)

Cheers
Jimmy

The 2nd Womble

Postby The 2nd Womble » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:27 pm

You sold it?! YOU HEARTLESS MONSTER!!!
The only good Cyclist is a Bicyclist

Huge fan of booted RGers who just can't help themselves

AHWOOD

Postby AHWOOD » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:14 pm

Kaizen wrote:I actually have this bike (initially purchased in 1988) mine was badged as a REPCO Vertex... full Suntour Sprint 900 Groupset. I have done over 75,000km on this bike! It has performed flawlessly with the exception of one small issue - The bottom bracket in severe heat and long riding can flex allot !! The one situation that still scares me to this day was going down hill at over 63km/h and the bottom bracket started "oscillating" by itself!! I still believe the Suntour Sprint works better and quieter than my Dura Ace! Everything is still original on my bike and in perfect condition (minus stickers) until last weekend when my rear derailleur snapped in half!
This is a beautiful bike fast light and still my favourite!!
Must be what I have here.. Image

Do you know if its worth anything?

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:07 pm

AHWOOD wrote:Do you know if its worth anything?
People here are interested in bikes & talking about bikes, values, not so much, unless of course its boasting about how cheap their last find was or the "tell him dreaming" style. You might care to read Welcome Retro Riders... Please Read First, particularly this bit
Valuations: Members are not in a position to put a value on bikes or components. The market (ie ebay or Gumtree or the BNA Marketplace) is the best for that. It really depends on matching the buyers wants, after taking into account location and the condition. If you look like you are trying to get background to prepare an advert, don’t be surprised if there are few responses.

On with the show: Now that these housekeeping matters have been attended to, let us see what you have!
It doesn't get easier, you just get slower