Peugeot Appreciation Society

ldrcycles

Re: Peugeot Appreciation Society

Postby ldrcycles » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:17 am

"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia

Lots of steel bikes

Postby Lots of steel bikes » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:18 am

ldrcycles wrote:Image
But you get a helmet!!!

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:46 pm

:shock: I didn't notice that!

"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia

rest_assured

Postby rest_assured » Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:20 pm

Here is a photo of my Montblanc before it was stolen (let me know if you see it round hobart!)
And here is an Izoard that I just sold. Tough guys ride purple bikes.
'84 Repco Nishiki Olympic 12
'83 Peugeot Montblanc
'93 Cadex CFM3
'12 De Rosa R838
'09 Giant Trance X1
'07 Giant STP

minhyy

Postby minhyy » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:25 pm

quite a fan of the short stem aren't we ^

i need that izoard frame. Let it slip up twice now, 3rd time's the charm
VillaVelo, by the Vuong brothers

Blog: https://villaveloframes.wordpress.com/
FB & IG: @villaveloframes

rest_assured

Postby rest_assured » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:05 pm

Yeah, I had a short one on the Izoard cos it was far too big for me, and the other one I preferred to be a bit more upright on cos I used it for commuting. Still feeling a bit fragile after losing that one.
The izoard frame is ridiculously cool IMHO. Purple and aqua paint scheme with multi coloured lightning bolts, the height of 80's pizzazz.
'84 Repco Nishiki Olympic 12
'83 Peugeot Montblanc
'93 Cadex CFM3
'12 De Rosa R838
'09 Giant Trance X1
'07 Giant STP

frog

Postby frog » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:08 pm

For those who want a nice purple pug. Reynolds 531!!
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Peugeot-pert ... 905&_uhb=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheap!

jonbays

Postby jonbays » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:53 am

This is a nice frame. relisted due to non payment too such a typical ebay event these days! I had a Peugeot Perthus in the same colour once and still have the forks. They are 531 main three tubes only but still a good quality frame. Mine had to take an emergency detour over the kerb to avoid being rundown and slightly bent and wrinkled the top tube and down tube. Hence I still have the forks not being 531 they sprung back nicely. Although everyone loves the 531 tubing there was a good reason for the crmo and carbolite tubing being more popular and it wasn't just because it was cheap it was also more abuse tolerant!
frog wrote:For those who want a nice purple pug. Reynolds 531!!
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Peugeot-pert ... 905&_uhb=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheap!

akq

Postby akq » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:27 pm

Latest kerbside find,provisionally sold Image

jbchybridrider

Postby jbchybridrider » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:59 pm

Been enjoying my pug while getting back into cycling recently. It keeps surprising me with it's capability's :mrgreen:

mark field

Postby mark field » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:14 pm

i love the use of the water bottle as a makeshift bike stand :) the second picture reminds me of the movie DUEL for some reason- unsuspecting rider is being watched by the bike on the hill waiting to give chase.
steel is the real deal.

singlespeedscott

Postby singlespeedscott » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:43 am

mark field wrote:the second picture reminds me of the movie DUEL for some reason- unsuspecting rider is being watched by the bike on the hill waiting to give chase.
:lol:

jbchybridrider

Postby jbchybridrider » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:50 am

:lol: and he was so shagged at the top of Corkscrew Rd he would have been easy pickings.

onyabike

Postby onyabike » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:46 pm

I would like to share a picture of my Peugeot, at this stage I can only send a link, hope this is ok.
I have been old its a PS 10.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ItsAllnew

Postby ItsAllnew » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:34 pm

I Managed to pick up a very original Perthus CR500 with original Shimano 600 Groupo.

The paints almost immaculate and with a strip, clean an grease and new cables and chain its running almost like new...

A very nice looking bike, One of the faded purple to white ones...

One question I had related to the wheels. Its got a set of Wobbler rims.. black annodised with the braking surfaces the same. So the sides of the wheels only silver where the pads have rubbed...

Question is are these original or period? If they are not original what would have been. They do not look out of place on the bike.

Will post pics when I get the chance...

Regards, HEATH
HEATH

DTdotcom

Postby DTdotcom » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:18 pm

Hi guys, I've just picked up my first retro bike. A Peugeot Monaco, running full Shimano 105 SC groupset.

I have no idea what I'm doing so if anyone in Brisbane could give me some advice as to how to get it on the road, where to take for servicing, etc it would be much appreciated.

lunar_c

Postby lunar_c » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:38 pm

Nice find. Doesn't look far off being rideable already. If it's sat unused for a long term as a minimum I would recommend you service (clean, inspect, regrease and reassemble with new bearings) the headset and bottom bracket, inspect and or replace the tyres, tubes, chain, brake and shift cables, as well as the brake pads for safety and you'll enjoy the finished product a lot more.

For tips and instructions on how to attempt this (there aren't too many special tools required) check out the Sheldon Brown website, and if you still need a bit of visual help check out youtube as well.

I can highly recommend the book "Zinn and the art of road bike maintenance" available at lots of book stores. This is how I learnt to tune derailleurs etc and it's a must have. Very well written and illustrated.

Find a local bike store that has people who look you in the eye and they may be willing to give you a hand also.

Have fun!!

crog

Postby crog » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:04 am

HI All,

Like my retro's and been a way for some time but here is an iozard I rebuilt

Was a joy to ride. I unfortunately gave it away when I moved house and not riding much. still have the other 3 though so getting back into it

minhyy

Postby minhyy » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:04 am

crog wrote:HI All,

Like my retro's and been a way for some time but here is an iozard I rebuilt

Was a joy to ride. I unfortunately gave it away when I moved house and not riding much. still have the other 3 though so getting back into it
Many times before on this forum have I stated my immense love for the 1990 Izoard in this colour. Many times I have seen them available for purchase at decent prices, but never local/willing to post.. Can't believe you gave such beauty away. Still hunting for one in a 54cm TT....

Welcome back to the forum though

crog

Postby crog » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:08 pm

Many times before on this forum have I stated my immense love for the 1990 Izoard in this colour. Many times I have seen them available for purchase at decent prices, but never local/willing to post.. Can't believe you gave such beauty away. Still hunting for one in a 54cm TT....
Went to a good home guys was hard up and I did not have space for 4 bikes, a kiddy trailer and a bob, I found it almost NOS and here is the story so after spending some time and a little money and a having for a couple of years it went to a better home

Story here

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=13327&hilit=crog

I will find another project somewhere maybe a bmx for the boy I would like a redline BMX as always wanted one when a kid. I enjoy the building

This was my pride an joy build not Peuegot sorry abd I will move if need be was a 1970 frame 531 double butted had it spaced to 130mm and reprayed no expense spared bl**dy cinelli seat post bolt cost me $30 from memory

velocirapt

Postby velocirapt » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:46 am

Lots of steel bikes wrote:This is for sale outside a shop in St Lucia Brisbane. Been there a couple of weeks now.
I am fairly certain that was my old actual bike .My first decent bike . Rode it to school then Uni in St Lucia for a decade. My parents sold it when I went overseas for another 10 years and I was gutted. Think its even got the same rack on the back. If anyone has any info on this bike or wants to sell I would dearly love to buy it or even just check it out for nostalgic reasons. Not sure think might been a UO 8 or similar ? Was bought from Lifecycle Petrie Tce. Any info apprec.
Cheers Scott

utedeej

Postby utedeej » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:13 am

Was reading this last night and thought all you Peugeot lovers might be interested. It's a pretty interesting story about the "normal" range of part Thevenet used.

It is from the October 1975 issue of Bicycling Magazine. Happy to email the scans of pdfs if anyone is interested or can't read them, just pm me details.

Cheers

steeldoken

Postby steeldoken » Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:18 pm

Picked up this Peugeot Izoard yesterday. Tyres were completely dry and deformed, tubes close to useless. Any tips on salvaging tyres? The wheels were weinmann rims + shimano exage hubs. I replaced the wheelset with some nice and clean mavic rims + SR hubs + Vittoria tyres, has had a nice clean on thee frame (handlebar+hoods still to be done), needs a slight brake adjustment, some polish and it's ready to roll. That chain rust will wear off with regular use i'm hoping 8)

Now if i get my hands on the hurricane, they'll look lovely together :P

minhyy

Postby minhyy » Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:25 pm

steeldoken. name your price - i've been chasing that izoard for years in that size, and how you managed to get one before I did is beyond me

PommieYeti

Postby PommieYeti » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:41 pm

Just picked this up yesterday cheap
It had flat tyres rusty chain, I pumped the tyres ups (700x20) and 24 hours later they still up,It needs a new pair of hoods and maybe some new bartape (not sure if i can get the hoods)its a 531 frame running full 600 tricolour 6400 and everything seems to be running smooth

My Wifes blog http://kiristraveltales.wordpress.com/2 ... a-new-car/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;