Another oldie

Vintage, yesteryear and retro biking

Another oldie

Postby cludence » Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:58 am

I got this the other day. It's a Matchless which was sold by Reg Paton at Lidcombe. Going to have fun cleaning it up and taking off the non original parts. Will have to wait though as I still have a few others to finish first. My garage is getting too cluttered with bikes!

cludence

by BNA » Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:22 pm

BNA

Postby Kid_Carbine » Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:22 pm

Another good score. It seems pretty much original except for the bars & mudguards.

It's hard to tell, but that looks like it might have been a Brooks B72 saddle once upon a time.
With their 4 wire, looped frame, they were designed for a little more comfort & were a much better choice than the B17 for those who spent a bit more time in a mostly upright riding position & they are still available new.

The frame looks to be a bit better than Roadster grade, so it's possibly a Club bike of some sort.
Looks like your other Matchless race bike has a brother to talk to now.

Congratulations.
Carbine & SJH cycles, & Quicksilver BMX
Now that's AUSTRALIAN to the core.
Kid_Carbine

Postby GaryF » Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:32 pm

Very interesting bike. It's good to read that you are able to trace it's origins.

How many bikes does this one make? Is it time to extend the garage?
GaryF

Postby cludence » Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:24 pm

I dont think you want to know how many bikes. I have ones from all different eras so they add up quite quickly. Put it this way, if they were all rideable, I would come close to having a different one to ride each day of the month. At the moment there is only a handful which are rideable.

Yes I need a bigger garage, but then that could be deadly. Safer to keep limited to the space I have I think.
cludence

Return to Retro biking