The swap meet thread

utedeej

Re: The swap meet thread

Postby utedeej » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:41 pm

pentlandexile wrote:
utedeej wrote:I always thought that you could just pull clamp on shifters off the clamp and put them on the braze ons. Is that not right?
Tried that, I either don't get enough friction to hold it in gear or end up with the outer metal plate sticking out cos it's on top of the outboard side nylon washer, and it looks messy.
You learn something new every day. :D Will check and see if i have any for you - but think i have clamp ons too.

vaeske

Postby vaeske » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:29 am

pentlandexile wrote:To trade: Campag Record downtube shifters, band-on model. Very good condition. These are the ones without the cable guide ferrules. Levers are marked "Patent Campagnolo Vicenza Italy"

Will trade for: The same, but for braze-ons.
Those are Grand Sport ones if i'm not mistaken? I can help you get on the right track as i have the levers only. you'll have to try and piece together the rest though...

pentlandexile

Postby pentlandexile » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:10 am

vaeske wrote:
pentlandexile wrote:To trade: Campag Record downtube shifters, band-on model. Very good condition. These are the ones without the cable guide ferrules. Levers are marked "Patent Campagnolo Vicenza Italy"

Those are Grand Sport ones if i'm not mistaken? I can help you get on the right track as i have the levers only. you'll have to try and piece together the rest though...
Thanks for the offer, but I already have a spare pair of levers which came with the bike. Problem is that they're missing the mounting screws, don't have the metal plate that the mounting screw snugs up against, and some of the washers got a little damaged when I was trying to get them off the braze-ons - they were seized. So I thought I'd just try and get hold of a new pair.

Interested in why you say you think they're Grand Sport? I thought the mounting screws with the little D-rings which flip in and out meant Record. I'm going off the pictures on Velobase. Here's their Grand Sport set; and here's their Record set.
Long day's journey into alt-bars

vaeske

Postby vaeske » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:34 am

pentlandexile wrote:
vaeske wrote:

Thanks for the offer, but I already have a spare pair of levers which came with the bike. Problem is that they're missing the mounting screws, don't have the metal plate that the mounting screw snugs up against, and some of the washers got a little damaged when I was trying to get them off the braze-ons - they were seized. So I thought I'd just try and get hold of a new pair.

Interested in why you say you think they're Grand Sport? I thought the mounting screws with the little D-rings which flip in and out meant Record. I'm going off the pictures on Velobase. Here's their Grand Sport set; and here's their Record set.
you just answered your own question. campy grand sport ones have "Vicenza Italy" on their levers, record ones don't. Again, this is what i've been led to believe, so if i'm wrong, please correct me...funnybikes or any campy experts out there?

pentlandexile

Postby pentlandexile » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:20 pm

Thanks Vaeske, loving the cut and thrust ... I thought the 'Vicenza Italy' just indicated an earlier version. Here's a pic of some Record band-ons with the same inscription and this note "The control levers at some point lost "Vicenza Italy", I think sometime in the early 80's, it's really hard to tell from the catalogs." That'd fit in cos the rest of the Campy stuff I got these shifters with was late 70s. And the levers I took off the bike don't have "Vicenza Italy" on them, just "Patent Campagnolo". The lettering on those is recessed while the lettering on the Vicenza ones is raised.

I'd better stop now before I get out the micrometer and descend into full blown Campy nerd mode.

Anyway, I guess what it adds up to is, if you want to do the trade, let me know if you want the Vicenza levers or the Patent Campagnolo ones, 'cos I got both.

And I just realised the levers are on back to front and the clamp is upside down on that pic I posted earlier. ... already fixed.

Ben

vaeske

Postby vaeske » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:51 pm

i'm in the same boat as you ben, i have 3 sets of those levers and no plate, washers or mounting screws.

they are gonna be impossible to find. only thing i can do is to use a set of the levers as key rings. :)

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:28 pm

chasing - campy dt shifter, the older the better, the rattier the better as well, as they will get scuffed amongst my keys :wink:

prefer if someone has an odd one in their parts box, something they dont want/use. id feel bad about utilising a usable pair :|

munga

Postby munga » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:31 pm

jaseyjase wrote:chasing - campy dt shifter, the older the better, the rattier the better as well, as they will get scuffed amongst my keys :wink:

prefer if someone has an odd one in their parts box, something they dont want/use. id feel bad about utilising a usable pair :|
vaeske wrote:i'm in the same boat as you ben, i have 3 sets of those levers and no plate, washers or mounting screws.

they are gonna be impossible to find. only thing i can do is to use a set of the levers as key rings. :)
sorted!

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:26 pm

munga wrote:sorted!
ive dropped a pm, but not sure if he has odds or pairs

pentlandexile

Postby pentlandexile » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:32 pm

munga wrote:
jaseyjase wrote:chasing - campy dt shifter, the older the better, the rattier the better as well, as they will get scuffed amongst my keys :wink:

vaeske wrote:i'm in the same boat as you ben, i have 3 sets of those levers and no plate, washers or mounting screws.

sorted!
I rink you've just started a cottage industry there, probs make a fortune flogging them to hipsters.

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:43 pm

officially sorted :mrgreen:

rollin

Postby rollin » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:07 pm

rollin wrote:I'm looking for 90s deore dx rear dérailleur and cranks in decent shape...
Have a few bits for trade just lmk what your after..
All sorted thanks bloke.
I also need a steel frame with Nervex pro lugs approx 56 cm...lmk

utedeej

Postby utedeej » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:38 am

rollin wrote:
rollin wrote:I'm looking for 90s deore dx rear dérailleur and cranks in decent shape...
All sorted thanks bloke.
Have you seen the one that i've got in the frame doesn't fit trade thread. It is a 54cm but has a 56 top tube.

I've also got a 56 square, with copy nervex lugs. Nothing super special tubing though.

pentlandexile

Postby pentlandexile » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:51 pm

This morning at 4am when I was getting ready to go to work I accidentally impulse bought a pair of shifters on a popular internet auction site :? .. but I still have the band-ons to trade for something else Campy if anyone's interested.

rollin

Postby rollin » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:00 pm

utedeej wrote:
rollin wrote:
All sorted thanks bloke.
Have you seen the one that i've got in the frame doesn't fit trade thread. It is a 54cm but has a 56 top tube.

I've also got a 56 square, with copy nervex lugs. Nothing super special tubing though.
I like the look of that, looking for something to refinish with the old man so he can relive the glory days....pm sent

LG

Postby LG » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:05 pm

A few random parts looking for a mate - either for you or me
shimano 6400 right (rear) 7 speed downtube shifter for braze on
shimano 6200 right down tube shift lever
Old right campag pedal
Shimano plastic 3 bolt (6200-6400 etc) toe clip (I have 1 whole & 1 broken)
GB professional stainless steel toe clip (I have 1)
Shimano 6207 non-aero brake lever
Shimano 6209 aero brake lever body (with broken lever)
Suntour superbe 1st gen brake lever (1 only - have 1 in good nick, other has crash damage)

Other stuff to offer
Raleigh cottered 3 spider cranks - 165mm
Spare chainrings for above cranks
Solida cottered non-drive side crank
Dura Ace ex crank set 170mm with adaptors to take standard pedals - fairly scratched
46t cottered raleigh "heron" crank set 165mm
drive side shimano selecta crank and chainwheels
AVA alloy stem and steel drop bars - 22.0mm for french forks
Spinaci style bar extentions
Sachs 8 speed screw on freewheel
MX1001 rear brake clliper
26 X 1 3/8 Sturmey Archer/Raleigh front wheel
70s/80s style 650B Araya rim
Sun Mistral 27 X 1 wheel set, shimano & joytec hubs
Alesa 27 X 1/1/4 alloy rims
Normandy high flange hub set
Exage HG/RM50 hub set
Rear shimano high flange hub
Rear shimano low flange hub
Solid axle suzue high flange hub set
Shimano 105 - 5502 drive side crank

Looking for
1970's shimano 600 non-drive side crank 170mm
non-drive side crank for a zues 2000 partially drilled 170mm
170mm magistroni non-drive side cottered crank
32 hole dunlop special lightweight rim
quality pair of 700C clincher rims 36 hole silver low profile
Mavic MA rim 36 hole
Ambrosio gentleman rim 36 hole
campag clamp on downtube shifters
GB courier brakes
A nylon washer for campag nuovo record downtube shifter - I've lost 1, think it's concave/convex!
LG = Low Gear

pentlandexile

Postby pentlandexile » Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:46 pm

I think I'll be able to help you with the Campag DT shifter washer, if you like, PM your email and I'll send a photo to confirm it's the right one. Ben.

vaeske

Postby vaeske » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:53 am

xcx aka chris will want the band on shifters if you're willing to give 'em up. lemme ask him at track tonight.

pentlandexile

Postby pentlandexile » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:55 pm

vaeske wrote:xcx aka chris will want the band on shifters if you're willing to give 'em up. lemme ask him at track tonight.
No probs

pentlandexile

Postby pentlandexile » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:46 pm

Ok here's my list. All condition is used but OK unless noted:

I've got:

Campagnolo Record band-on shifters, levers marked 'Patent Campagnolo Vicenza Italy', mounting screws with the flip-out D-ring VGC
Campy bottom bracket cable guide, chromed, VGC
SR Custom crankset, 170mm arms, 52-42 rings
Shimano 600 front derailleur
2 x Suntour SL front derailleurs
Helicomatic freewheel without lock-ring, 13-21
12 Regina freewheel sprockets, screw-on.
Shimano Altus rear derailleur (the type that mounts around the rear axle)
Chromed pump clip, band-on
Campagnolo front derailleur, late 70s/early 80s vintage LISTED THIS AS GRAN SPORT ORIGINALLY I THINK IT'S ACTUALLY 980
Campagnolo rear derailleur, ditto, ditto, doesn't really work cos the pivots don't move freely enough but would be good for spares
Shimano XT front and rear derailleurs (MTB stuff, late 90s)
Michelin Pro 3 clinchers (new-ish) 700-23
Five quill stems, various sizes, alloy, SR and Win
SR SP150 pedals and rusty toe clips
Cheap Shimano front derailleur, no model name visible
Five-speed Shimano freewheel, made in Singapore, 14-28
One-piece no-name steel crankset, 46T, chromed,a bit dodgy and weighs a ton. Perhaps better for hitting people with than propelling a bike.
Black plastic things which I believe might be Suntour pulley wheels of some kind.
Mistuba dynamo, may or may not work
Old steel headset minus bearings (form an orderly queue...)
Cheap Suntour band-on gear levers (stem mounted)
Shimano high-flange rear hub
Suzue high flange front (96mm spacing I think)
Brooks Vitesse 400 saddle the coveted 'faded brown suede and needs recovering' edition
Panmax saddle

What I'm after:

Maillard or similar six-speed screw-on freewheel in the 14-22 range
Campagnolo bottom bracket, 114.5mm axle
Campy Record threaded headset
Campy QR skewers (100/126mm)
Campy seatbolt
Decent toe clips
Dust caps to fit old MKS AR-1 road pedals

Thanks for reading

Ben

pentlandexile

Postby pentlandexile » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:25 pm

Update: don't need the toe clips, don't need the headset.

I can offer my six-speed 13-18 Dura-Ace freewheel as a swap for a 14-22 one (it's hilly round here).

Also have two Campagnolo braze-on shifter levers (without washers) to offer.

Ben

vaeske

Postby vaeske » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:20 pm

no one updating? this is helping my cause to clean up my balcony!

LOL body corporate have asked everyone in the complex to tag their bikes in 15 days otherwise risk of losing it...i bought a whole roll of stickers home from work.

munga

Postby munga » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:07 am

so you're going around removing tags from the nice bikes, right? ;p

vaeske

Postby vaeske » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:13 am

yeah, you never know but mostly are !! BAN ME NOW FOR SWEARING !! mountain bikes anyways. they were probably left there since the floods last year

Wal42

Postby Wal42 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:24 pm

Oooh, I'm looking for a good 26er suspension fork, if they're going to chuck them give me a yell, I may be interested in acquiring some.