The swap meet thread

Tinker

Re: The swap meet thread

Postby Tinker » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:02 pm

utedeej wrote:
morini wrote:Utedeej, what style of seat post? The higher end SR Royal style or the cheaper clunker version one?

Tinker I have a shoe box full of headsets but I doubt anything is older than the early 70's. Are you looking for something like a Cinelli or Magistroni (expensive and rare) or just something in chrome?

Cheers
Chris
Sorry guys, I mean a Super Record seat post :oops:

I have the post with the flutes (series 2?), but am looking for a top clamp setup.
Thanks for the offer Chris. I'm more looking for something British or at the least unbranded to tie in with the rest of the parts which are period British.

I did have a headset but the other half put a heap of stuff out for collection and I think she accidently put the headset out there too :|

morini

Postby morini » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:52 pm

I flicked a photo off before to Utedeej and he needs another so I'll take a photo of all the ones I have when my camera battery recharges. I'm pretty sure a few are un-branded.

Roinik

Postby Roinik » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:46 pm

I'm chasing some 24" mudguards with the ridge down the middle. Dating up to late '70's style before they lost the centre ridge.

Need 2x rear + 1x front. I don't care whether they have skirt guard holes as one is destined to a 24" girls bike.

Ian
You don't need the best kit, you just need the best attitude.

LG

Postby LG » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:24 am

Thought I'd try to swap here before selling, I have this Bianchi Campione D'Italia frame to swap for something of similar quality in 58cm. I think it's from the 90s, has 130mm rear spacing and is a 52cm. It is made in Italy and tubing is Dedaccai Zero Tre, takes a 27.2mm post. Please note the current suntour superbe headset will be swapped out for another (probably an Ofmega). More photos available if any interest.
LG = Low Gear

Rob74

Postby Rob74 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:49 pm

This is the sort of Swap Meet that would be worth a visit in Oz.

Rob

LG

Postby LG » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:49 pm

Roinik wrote:I'm chasing some 24" mudguards with the ridge down the middle. Dating up to late '70's style before they lost the centre ridge.

Need 2x rear + 1x front. I don't care whether they have skirt guard holes as one is destined to a 24" girls bike.

Ian
Was trying to clean up the shed this afternoon and stumbled upon an unused 24 x 1 3/8 tyre, following a 'where the hell did that come from' moment, on further investigation found a set of what appear to be 24" mudguards. Need a good strip back and repaint but don't seem damaged. Let me know if you're still looking.

Also found 2 pairs of unused dunlop 18 x 1 3/8 tyres if they're of use to anyone. I have no idea what bikes these were for.
LG = Low Gear