Malvern Star 3 Star

Hamster

Malvern Star 3 Star

Postby Hamster » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:17 am

Guys,

I've just recently acquired a 1954 3 Star Malvern Star, basically it's just a bare frame and forks.

My plan is to bring it back to as close as possible to the condition that it left the factory in. If anyone can point out to me where I can find some pictures and/or original specifications I would greatly appreciate it.

Any recommendations on who would be a good frame painter would also be appreciated.

Cheers
It would not be at all strange if history came to the conclusion that the perfection of the bicycle was the greatest achievement of the nineteenth century.

WyvernRH

Re: Malvern Star 3 Star

Postby WyvernRH » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:20 pm

I've got a couple of pictures that I've filched off eBay over the years of original finish 3-stars. Not brilliant quality mind but if no-one comes up with anything better I'll post them or drop me a PM and I'll e-mail them to you.
Cheers
Richard

Ferrovelo

Postby Ferrovelo » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:05 pm

I posted this in another MS thread recently, but it might be of interest to you.
Its a post at cycle exif with a little MS history and the bike pictured is a 3 star.
Good luck with the scroll work if you want use this one as a reference for a paint job though!
http://www.cycleexif.com/malvern-star-path-racer

If yours is the one that was on ebay recently (very nice) it looks like the same lugs etc.

Torana68

Postby Torana68 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:17 pm

doesnt look terribly original that one. paint doesnt look right and certainly none of the components are original :(

Torana68

Postby Torana68 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:43 pm

this is an original one, pretty much as it left the shop, now stripped for parts by someone else :( this is a 39 maybe 1940 one

Hamster

Postby Hamster » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:11 am

WyvernRH wrote:I've got a couple of pictures that I've filched off eBay over the years of original finish 3-stars. Not brilliant quality mind but if no-one comes up with anything better I'll post them or drop me a PM and I'll e-mail them to you.
Cheers
Richard

PM sent - thanks for the offer.
It would not be at all strange if history came to the conclusion that the perfection of the bicycle was the greatest achievement of the nineteenth century.

Hamster

Postby Hamster » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:11 am

WyvernRH wrote:I've got a couple of pictures that I've filched off eBay over the years of original finish 3-stars. Not brilliant quality mind but if no-one comes up with anything better I'll post them or drop me a PM and I'll e-mail them to you.
Cheers
Richard

PM sent - thanks for the offer.