Shogun Katana re-build for the second time.

DJIntegr8

Re: Shogun Katana re-build for the second time.

Postby DJIntegr8 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:44 pm

NIce one Mark, looks awesome :D

Brendan

mark field

Postby mark field » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:01 pm

i cant believe how good riding is with brifters, I was quite lucky that everything went together well , only problems Ive encountered have been the tange decal placement and the bar tape that was posted on the 1st December that i'm still waiting for!!! out of desperation i went to LBS and grabbed a set of lizard skin bar tapes. JOSH- those brifters are great, i used a bit of singer oil , but ill grab some spray lube at some stage, NOS bits are a retro treat. the only sound i can hear is the wheels making contact with the ground, sram chain needed 4 links removed but that was no drama. The forks i'm most pleased with, they took a while of patient sanding and polishing, other than that they fit no problem. Thanks guys for encouragement, parts, feedback etc. It was a satisfying build, but i'm glad its over too. :)
steel is the real deal.

harcs

Postby harcs » Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:31 pm

Mark, I have just brought my son's Katana home. He hardly used it so it is in very good original condition with all the stickers. You probably have an answer to all your questions however our serial number is TB10506446, it is luminous orange, built in Tiawan (sticker), Chrome Moly "Tange" (sticker) bought from Peddle Power at Runaway Bay Gold Coast (sticker) I believe in 1991. There are a number of colour stripe stickers on fram and forks. When I get a chance I will photograph and post.

Willieswheels

Postby Willieswheels » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:40 pm

Nice work and attention to detail. I am now inspired to do a similar restoration on a Katana frame I picked up a couple of years ago. One of my friends has one of his own too. I also have a Peugeot PX10LE which I dearly love as I bought it and built it up when I was 16 from my first summer job.