Look what I found in my shed!!!

Recycler

Look what I found in my shed!!!

Postby Recycler » Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:21 pm

[img]http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg78 ... b10028.jpg[/img]
I was down the back of the shed, looking for some 165mm cranks and noticed this red frame I got a few years back. Is a Malvern Star Moulton. Any good person out there knows more than that. Lets get some action going. :P [u]Two Bent[/u] PS I hope the photo shpws up. :oops: :oops:

MountGower

Postby MountGower » Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:56 pm

Error. This post can no longer be displayed..
Last edited by MountGower on Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Re: Look what I found in my shed!!!

Postby mikesbytes » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:55 pm

Recycler wrote:Image
I was down the back of the shed, looking for some 165mm cranks and noticed this red frame I got a few years back. Is a Malvern Star Moulton. Any good person out there knows more than that. Lets get some action going. :P Two Bent PS I hope the photo shpws up. :oops: :oops:
Nice one. Make sure 20inchwheels gets a look.
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:35 pm

:shock: Is that a headshock? Interesting find, it doesn't appear to be a folder. Personally. I can't see the reasoning in that design if it can't fold. The gearing looks very high...

Your pic didn't show Recycler, neither did your underline attempt. Have you allowed BB code in your profile?

Shaun
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

Kid_Carbine

Postby Kid_Carbine » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:32 pm

Yeah, I have one also just outside my front door [anybody want to come & steal it, ........... please]
Mine's blue, or at least it was, but it's a bit faded & grotty now.

Perhaps this site may shed some light on them.

Mulger Bill, the gearing is high because the wheels are small at only 16". They need to go round & round much more often in order to keep up.
I had a genuine English one of these once & they came with the Sturmey Archer FW four speed rear hub while the Malvern Star built ones had either an AW three speed hub or a coaster brake.

The British one uses a very-hard-to-get tyre size while the Aussie ones are much easier to service.
Carbine & SJH cycles, & Quicksilver BMX
Now that's AUSTRALIAN to the core.

Jeremy

Postby Jeremy » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:51 am

Recycler, with a backyard that size, I'm surprised you get any time to play with bikes :lol:

Birdman

Postby Birdman » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:42 am

Jeremy wrote:Recycler, with a backyard that size, I'm surprised you get any time to play with bikes :lol:
Yeah look at his lawn, got worn out and had a sleep halfway through.

Nice find there. Looks like a bit of a cruiser.

Mitch.
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKYS. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.

Until next time...

Recycler

Moulton Story

Postby Recycler » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:52 pm

Thank you all for your comments, just finished mowing the last of my lawn. My shed is not huge, BUT very full. Its a double car size with two cars a 1962 Dodge Phonex and a Peugeot 404 plus two motorcycles, seven rideable bikes, one 2 wheel recumbent and one 3 wheel recumbent. Half of the shed has a mezzanine floor(over the Dodge) thats where I store my treasures and future projects. Like Malvern Stars ( 1, 2 and 3 ) a Speedwell and many more. I have two Moultons the 1969 separable model and 2005 Space frame FX8 model. Thanks Kid-Carbine I would love to have another Moulton, maybe we can come to some arrangement. Well spoted Mulger bill yes this bike has full suspension, a spring runs up the headstem and the rear swing arm commpreses a rubber block. The 16inch wheels were fitted with special made Dunlop tyres and tubes and were inflated to 100 psi I will TRY and put some photos on later. I hope no more :oops: :oops: Good Luck All

Recycler

BB Code

Postby Recycler » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:03 pm

Mulger bill, You were spot on! my BB code was closed, thanks for that :lol:

Kid_Carbine

Re: Moulton Story

Postby Kid_Carbine » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:19 pm

Recycler wrote: My shed is not huge, BUT very full. Its a double car size with two cars a 1962 Dodge Phonex and a etc. etc.

Thanks Kid-Carbine I would love to have another Moulton, maybe we can come to some arrangement.
Like you, I too have Dodge cars, but mine are a little older [1932 sedan & 1933 coupe] & I have a 325 Hemi to power the '33, so apart from Moultons, we have this in common too.
Be glad to come to some arrangement over the Moulton. I found it on a farm with bent forks [now prefessionally repaired] & I got it in order to save it, but clearly, I don't want it.

Love your yard, much better than those postage stamp sized ones that suburbanites endure, but a bit of a pain to mow in the growing season.
Carbine & SJH cycles, & Quicksilver BMX
Now that's AUSTRALIAN to the core.

Leigh_caines

Postby Leigh_caines » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:40 am

Having spent a lot on time in Recycler shed…
Which is sooo full one has to work outside it,
I can say down the back over the top of car and boats and….
Anyway there are lots of unknown wonders

Recycler

Postby Recycler » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:39 am