How to annoy someone who collects old bikes

Vintage, yesteryear and retro biking

How to annoy someone who collects old bikes

Postby cludence » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:02 pm

On the weekend my mother was here helping me move a smallish tree into a larger pot. We had decided that we needed a rope to tie to the trunk of the tree to keep it sturdy until the roots took in the new soil. (Just in case we had a storm.) She asked where the rope was and I told her the garage.

She reappeared with some of my old rim tape! The cloth type! It was still in it's original packet put aside for one of my bikes. -Correction; It no longer was in it's packet.

I think she thought I had suddenly hit menopause with the reaction she recieved.

Took a bit of convincing to explain to her that though she thought it was "Just a bit of old string" it was definately not something to tie to a tree trunk.

I have since informed her nothing is to leave my garage without my prior inspection. Otherwise the next thing I will see is old track forks used as tomato stakes!

Karen.
cludence

by BNA » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:28 pm

BNA

Postby toff » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:28 pm

In the past, I have found geranium cuttings in my garden, being held firmly in place by little tripod frames of double butted DT Swiss stainless spokes. Thankfully, it takes more than a few days of dirt to corrode those beauties!
toff

Postby cludence » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:22 pm

Little tripod frames, thats funny. I would have laughed at that one and had a delayed reaction with getting annoyed.

Karen.
cludence

Postby sogood » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:48 pm

HRT is good for menopausal related psycho irregularities. :wink:
Bianchi, Ridley, Montague, GT, Garmin and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.
sogood

Postby mikesbytes » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:57 pm

That's funny Karen.

Hey Chris, have a surf around for photo's of Karen's shed, it puts yours and mine to shame.
A helmet saved my life
mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby ukalipt » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:53 pm

i envy anyone who has a shed.
i like to pedal
ukalipt

Postby cludence » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:16 pm

Ukalipt, a shed it good but it also invites more stuff into it too. My shed (garage) is over flowing at the moment and I am having withdrawals as there is not enough space to work in so have had to resort to gardening until I have alternative storage sorted out.

Karen.
cludence

Postby ukalipt » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:32 pm

well my spare room is my bike shed i guess - 8 bikes in it atm [with another 2 on the way - but 1 is leaving the nest soon] 4 adults + 4 kids. i do most of my bike repairs in the hallway, or on the driveway if it isn't raining
i like to pedal
ukalipt

Postby vic » Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:51 am

I have experienced a strange phenomenon about Women and Sheds...for some reason, when I built my double garage, my wife thought that meant it was for two cars. it took her a while to realise it was for one (1) car (mine), and my bicycles. I told her I was happy to help her build her own garage, but she just shook her head and mumbled something about men....
vic

Return to Retro biking