You beauty - let everyone see what you've got!

dubrat

Re: You beauty - let everyone see what you've got!

Postby dubrat » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:14 pm

While we are talking Columbus Max here is my LLewellyn

couple of things are changing.... chasing a Record carbon post... Sorted new weenie Campy Electron Wheelset and chasing a Grommo stem and carbon bars but looking at 9.6kg with pedals and water bottle

Dan

Postby Dan » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:00 pm

nice bit of product placement there :) And a sweet looking ride. The kotter came in at 10.1 (with pedals, without bottle though) ;) - thought i'd come in under 10kg but alas.

redrover3

Postby redrover3 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:39 pm

Its not the lightest bike in the world, but it is the one with the most planets on it...
I get it now. Had me stumped for a while there.
Tony

redrover3

Postby redrover3 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:36 pm

Want to post up my road bikes (22 photos- low res) that are on Photobucket. Is that going to be too much at once or should I split them up into approx 3 photos per bike x 8 bikes?
Tony

Dan

Postby Dan » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:54 pm

redrover3 wrote:Want to post up my road bikes (22 photos- low res) that are on Photobucket. Is that going to be too much at once or should I split them up into approx 3 photos per bike x 8 bikes?
Tony
do em all :D

redrover3

Postby redrover3 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:58 pm

Okayhttp://s1051.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ad%20bikes How do I get the photos on the post rather than the link? Want to describe the bikes.
Tony

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:18 pm

Hover over the picture and click on the beige box next to "IMG Code", then click "post reply" here and Ctrl V.

Nice bikes, especially the Peugeot, orange single speed and the Cannondale. I have a CAAD frame like that one, broken sadly but it's still a beautiful piece of engineering.
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia

redrover3

Postby redrover3 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:53 pm

http://s1051.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ad%20bikes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

munga

Postby munga » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:09 pm

dubrat wrote:While we are talking Columbus Max here is my LLewellyn

... looking at 9.6kg with pedals and water bottle
full or empty water bottle?

redrover3

Postby redrover3 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:12 pm

Only seems to want to bring the link over.

Clydesdale Scot

Postby Clydesdale Scot » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:44 am

redrover3 wrote:Only seems to want to bring the link over.
you need the link to the photo not the album page
in Photobucket hover over the image, then hover over the icon, click on 'get media links' and select and click on the 'IMG Code' it will then copy it.
paste that link into your post

dubrat

Postby dubrat » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:11 am

munga wrote:
dubrat wrote:While we are talking Columbus Max here is my LLewellyn

... looking at 9.6kg with pedals and water bottle
full or empty water bottle?
Half empty... had just got back from a short ride to the LBS

Dan

Postby Dan » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:29 pm

dubrat wrote:Half empty... had just got back from a short ride to the LBS
Or half full.... Subconscious pessimism at the ability of the LBS to fulfil request.... :shock:

cray-

Postby cray- » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:46 pm

Dan wrote:
dubrat wrote:Half empty... had just got back from a short ride to the LBS
Or half full.... Subconscious pessimism at the ability of the LBS to fulfil request.... :shock:
Technically it's always full, the water to air ratio just changes. Unless it's in a vacuum. :shock:

Dan

Postby Dan » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:51 pm

Existential physics. On a Tuesday ;)

redrover3

Postby redrover3 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:52 pm

redrover3

Postby redrover3 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:31 pm

Hey, finally got the photos up. I was in the old photobucket instead of the new one. Thanks to those that helped.
I see now that I shouldn't have adjusted the camera settings to such a low setting as the photos have lost a lot of detail.
Anyway, first yellow bike is my superlite, approx 1985. I like the older ones because they have a nice sloping crown fork and tighter wheel clearance in the front. 4130 tubing, 300ex exage 6s indexed, rx100 cranks with biopace rings, rsx dual pivot calipers with slr aero levers, 100mm stem, Scott bars (off the Scott), old Concor saddle that is still comfy, Shimano 600 alloy headset, wheels borrowed off another bike.
Bought the frame at Pushies for a fiver. This is my wet weather, bad roads commuter that I also take camping cause it doesn't matter if it gets scratched up on the roof rack. Weighs 11kg neat.

The orange single speed was an Olympic 12 that a friend gave me quite a while ago. Approx 1989. Giant 535 db frame, alloy fork because I didn't like the original unicrown, Sugino GT cranks with FSA polished 50t ring, Velocity Aerohead deep v rims on Dura-ace front hub and Ultegra rear, original 80mm stem and fluted post, Turbolite saddle, 38cm asian bars. Brakes are SLR sigle pivot calipers with NOS Weinmann drilled levers. Was very scratched up red with white seat tube and head tube/fork. When I painted it, masked up the head tube and the part of the seat tube that has the Repco decals on it as this part of the original paint was still ok. Still not real light at 9.8 kg.
Will continue shortly with the rest.
Tony

munga

Postby munga » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:44 pm

berretto is my fave

redrover3

Postby redrover3 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:12 pm

Ok, me again. The blue Berretto was bought from Brett Richardson earlier this year to ride in the Noosa L'Eroica. Brett only built this frame about 2 years ago for himself as a training bike out of left over Columbus tubing that he had from the 80s or 90s. The frame/fork combo are unusual in that there is only about 25mm fork rake but I think the head tube has a slightly relaxed angle (maybe 71-72 degrees). This looks a bit unusual to me as I have fairly traditional tastes in old bikes but it rides great.
Has an uncut steerer with Ahead type stem. The stem itself is a Kelly stem from the states as the original that came with the bike looked too bulky on a thin tubed frame. Groupset is all Dura-ace except for the brakes which are 105 dual pivot with Shimano super something aero levers. Cinelli bars, SR post, Acocet 02 saddle. Velocity rims. I think Munga looked it up and they are Razor, a current rim with retro looks. It is 8s indexed. Great performing bike and quite a good weight too at 9.2 kg.
Tony

singlespeedscott

Postby singlespeedscott » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:12 pm

I too love the Berretto. She must be a stiff ride though. There's not much rake in that fork. It looks like a track fork. The bike must of been built as someone's crit racer.
Last edited by singlespeedscott on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

singlespeedscott

Postby singlespeedscott » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:16 pm

You got in before me on the Berretto.

Now you mention it I remember the bike at L'erocia. Actually remember Brett riding it at a Berretto owners get together a couple of years ago. He had old Dura-Ace on it. I sold him the shift levers for it.

redrover3

Postby redrover3 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:44 pm

She must be a stiff ride though.
You would think so but doesn't seem to be the case. The fork is fairly thin so probably flexes a bit. Was comfy enough on the dirt roads of the L'Eroica although I did have 28mm Gatorskins on.
The Cannondale is my main ride. I've had it for about 5 yrs. When I started riding again about 9 years ago, one of the guys in the group that I was riding with had a red Saeco Cannondale and I had always wanted one since then. It is a CAAD4, 2000 model. Still has a 1" steerer. Dura-ace 9speed group except for the 105 levers. Fairly new Easton circuits, Selle Italia SLRxp saddle, Pazzaz c_rb_n (sorry about the swearing :) ) seatpost, specialized 100mm stem with a adjustable angle shim in it. 23mm gatorskins. My favourite bike, much as I like the retros. 8.6kg
Tony

Scammer

Postby Scammer » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:07 pm

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Chris/My%20Documents/Downloads/IMAG0864.jpg
file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Chris/My%20Documents/Downloads/IMAG0859.jpg

Still can't figure out how to post full pictures instead of links! Duh!
Anyway.. Latest build, Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra frame all the way from Germany, mostly Ultegra with Dura Ace wheelset and a dash of ITM. Not to everyones taste I know but as a weekend ride that's going to get a fair few K's should be a pretty cool compromise between old and new... Looking forward to getting out there.
If anyone can tell me anything about the paint scheme I shall be very impressed as I can't find anything that matches, guess it must be custom? Dates from '89/90, SLX tubing, 59cm square frame. No idea what it weighs, have to borrow my mates scales.

Dan

Postby Dan » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:03 pm

Scammer wrote:Still can't figure out how to post full pictures instead of links! Duh!
You're trying to host them locally. You need to upload them to a web-based photo service, or set your PC to work as a server.

Scammer

Postby Scammer » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:49 pm

Sorry, trying that again...
http://s1107.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... sort=3&o=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://s1107.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... sort=3&o=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hope that works... Thanks for the patience.