You beauty - let everyone see what you've got!

brasstinman

Re: You beauty - let everyone see what you've got!

Postby brasstinman » Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:46 pm

Maiden voyage after getting a new 105 groupset installed. Crashed badly a while ago and decided to take the bike in a new direction as I loved how it rode. I love the feeling of steel and with a modern groupset it rides amazing. Came in at 9.98kg with large frame as seen in the pic. Wasn't worried about the weight but a little happy it's under 10kg as I was guessing it might. Just scraped it under.

Suntour frame, original seat post, stem and handlebars.
Shimano 105 11-32 groupset.
Campagnolo Khamsin Asymmetric G3 wheels

I do need to go with a 11-28 cassette as there's no adjustment left on the rear derailleur and while the chain can shift up into the largest cog on the cassette is grinds. The store said it would be best to fit a 11-28 which I'll do at some point in the near future. Until then I'll enjoy the other 10 cogs.

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:33 pm

My "new" Abeni Special. Custom made for the original owner in 1978, he gave it to me because his back no longer had the flexibility for a road bike. Stripped down, full respray and built up with parts i already had. Total cost- $15.

Before-

After-

The saddlebag is DEFINITELY not a permanent fixture, but 27" tubes are bulky. I didn't need them of course but it would be tempting fate to go without. :lol:
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia

Pepe P

Postby Pepe P » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:40 pm

Posting a few of my current bikes below.
Last edited by Pepe P on Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pepe P

Postby Pepe P » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:44 pm

A few of mine. Early 60's Eddie Soens

Shogun Team Issue

Wifes Michalo

Cippolini Saeco Cannondale

Avanti Corsa Dr

Also have an early evolution frame that I am getting ready to build up.

SteelyDan

Postby SteelyDan » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:43 pm

humanbeing wrote:Thanks for all the nice comments :D
This photo, sorry about the quality shows the neat "f" cutout in the bttom bracket lug.
The bikes not perfect - masking lugs isn't easy but it deserved to be repaired and ridden. I've learnt a lot for my next restoration and this forum and the internet are invaluable for ideas and solutions
Thanks again for the positive comments,
Cheers,
Peter
Hi, there was a post back in 2009 for a Farleigh you restored. Do you have any detailed photos of the lugs? Seat lug and stays and rear brake bracket would be great.

I have a frame that looks to share the same appearance on the lugs around the seat area, so your photos would help confirm the maker.

Cheers

Jaydabear

Postby Jaydabear » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:08 pm

how do I post a pic I need help with what sort of bike frame I have I know it's got zeus dropouts but unsure about the frame

Jaydabear

Postby Jaydabear » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:40 pm

[img][IMG]http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah200/Jaydabear/DSC_0009_zpsnwjrecg0.jpg[/img] [/img]

Not to sure what type of bike frame but it has zeus pista dropouts

Jaydabear

Postby Jaydabear » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:44 pm

Anybody know what type of bike brand and frame would be much appreciated

P!N20

Postby P!N20 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:28 pm

^ Looks like a Cell Blinger to me. Now you can write your Gumtree ad.

Jaydabear

Postby Jaydabear » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:57 am

Thanks mate had me plum I enjoy riding it plus I've ordered alot of parts so just gonna stick with it to get fit I guess thanks once again

dodgiebros

Dodsun Team-Action

Postby dodgiebros » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:05 pm

Just picked up this (very clean) old girl today. Chrome molly frame with Exage 300 7s group, Dia compe brakes and Araya wheels. I've got some research to do. Nice to ride for a cheap old bike :)

NASHIE

Re: Dodsun Team-Action

Postby NASHIE » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:18 pm

dodgiebros wrote:Just picked up this (very clean) old girl today. Chrome molly frame with Exage 300 7s group, Dia compe brakes and Araya wheels. I've got some research to do. Nice to ride for a cheap old bike :)
Nice, looks like it has done little work. I just bought my daughter a similar spe'cd Giant cadex 2 of gumtree. I have never thrown my leg over a early 90s shimano spec bike, but i was really impressed with the 105 down tube sis and brakes. If you can fine these bikes in good condition (little use) they are a really good ride. Throw a wheel upgrade on them and they will easily keep pace with the modern gear :wink:

Jaydabear

Postby Jaydabear » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:24 am

Hey managed to get my hands on one of these everything is there except the wheels and rims they are all in original condition how much money would this be worth I got it for $50 bucks at a garage sale in melb

http://www.vintagevelo.co.uk/2014/09/18 ... de-france/

QuangVuong

Postby QuangVuong » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:28 pm

$50
VillaVelo, by the Vuong brothers

Blog: https://villaveloframes.wordpress.com/
FB & IG: @villaveloframes

Jaydabear

Postby Jaydabear » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:52 pm

I think more then that mate iv been looking everywhere online for this and so far only two sites have it the link I provided and this other one so to me it seems pretty rare

Clydesdale Scot

Postby Clydesdale Scot » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:00 am

This thread is for showing off bikes, not getting a valuation.
If you had read the thread Welcome. Please Read First which I drew you attention to three weeks ago, you would have read:
Valuations: Members are not in a position to put a value on bikes or components. The market (ie ebay or Gumtree or the BNA Marketplace) is the best for that. It really depends on matching the buyers wants, after taking into account location and the condition. If you look like you are trying to get background to prepare an advert, don’t be surprised if there are few responses.
If you want a valuation, you are encouraged to try over at Retro Bicycle Valuations Australia.

And try to make your sentences readable.

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:48 am

Jaydabear wrote:Hey managed to get my hands on one of these everything is there except the wheels and rims they are all in original condition how much money would this be worth I got it for $50 bucks at a garage sale in melb

http://www.vintagevelo.co.uk/2014/09/18 ... de-france/
You paid the right price for it, just because a bike is rare doesn't mean it's valuable. RX100 running gear works well, but it's only mid level, not high end or desirable. Keep an eye on ebay for a set of wheels and then enjoy it.
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia

NotSpeedyGonzales

Postby NotSpeedyGonzales » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:59 pm

This is my 'new' old Berretto. I don't actually know what year it was made, although I plan to restore it. I'm new to cycling, so I have a bit of research to do. Research so far shows they were manufactured in the early eighties. What upgrades should I do? I'm thinking of upgrading gearing and putting some new pedals with cleats on it.
cheers

munga

Postby munga » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:40 pm

NotSpeedyGonzales wrote:Image
This is my 'new' old Berretto. I don't actually know what year it was made, although I plan to restore it. I'm new to cycling, so I have a bit of research to do. Research so far shows they were manufactured in the early eighties. What upgrades should I do? I'm thinking of upgrading gearing and putting some new pedals with cleats on it.
cheers
there's a berretto group on facebook. brett richardson might be able to give you a build date.
don't upgrade unless somethings broken. you'll just end up with a shedful of bikes.

NASHIE

Postby NASHIE » Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:08 am

NotSpeedyGonzales wrote:Image
cheers
Welcome, and a nice first road bike. Agree with munga, just get it up and running as it stands and start tapping out some Km's. Plenty of info on the forum regards training etc. You will passed by most riders as you start out, but it will not be because of the bike :wink: after 6-8 months in the saddle you will start finding your cycling legs and have more of an idea on upgrades etc. Worth buying some clipless pedals and shoes and if you must upgrade something then good second hand wheels sets/tyres can be bought for $150-$200. If the bug bites and your really keen on cycling and need to upgrade running gear etc its probably time to upgrade the bike.

jeffvader

Postby jeffvader » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:27 am

brasstinman wrote:Maiden voyage after getting a new 105 groupset installed. Crashed badly a while ago and decided to take the bike in a new direction as I loved how it rode. I love the feeling of steel and with a modern groupset it rides amazing. Came in at 9.98kg with large frame as seen in the pic. Wasn't worried about the weight but a little happy it's under 10kg as I was guessing it might. Just scraped it under.

Suntour frame, original seat post, stem and handlebars.
Shimano 105 11-32 groupset.
Campagnolo Khamsin Asymmetric G3 wheels

I do need to go with a 11-28 cassette as there's no adjustment left on the rear derailleur and while the chain can shift up into the largest cog on the cassette is grinds. The store said it would be best to fit a 11-28 which I'll do at some point in the near future. Until then I'll enjoy the other 10 cogs.

I'm pretty sure one of those Roadlinks would have you sorted there. I saw one on instagram the other day, with a vintage Campy derailler and a 42 tooth on the back ! http://www.wolftoothcomponents.com/products/roadlink

munga

Postby munga » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:24 pm

agree. i run a 12-36 on a short cage ultegra with a roadlink. no worries at all. only difference is i have a single (36t wolftooth) chainring up front.

dodgiebros

Cadex alr1

Postby dodgiebros » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:21 pm

Just bought this Cadex ALR1 off a lady for a bargain. Full 105 8sp with Campy rims. Think I might put all the running gear on my old Vitus? I'm not sure about using the brifters though, it's sacrilege isn't it? lol :mrgreen: Image

Jaydabear

Postby Jaydabear » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:53 pm

Hi all that's for your advice and assistance his my first bike

Jaydabear

Postby Jaydabear » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:58 pm

Also my new project which I found abandoned in a laneway would love to restore this could anyone please tell me if you know what brand of bicycle this is so I can buy the right tires and wheelset thanks