You beauty - let everyone see what you've got!

Vintage, yesteryear and retro biking

Re: You beauty - let everyone see what you've got!

Postby open roader » Thu May 01, 2014 10:34 pm

Doh - Shimano........ :lol:
3rd class cycling is always better than 1st class walking
User avatar
open roader
 
Posts: 2339
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:05 pm
Location: Dueling Banjo Country

by BNA » Thu May 01, 2014 10:37 pm

BNA
 

Re: You beauty - let everyone see what you've got!

Postby QuangVuong » Thu May 01, 2014 10:37 pm

They did make a 26.0 version, which I've got the 6400 one shimmed to a skinnier bar. And now that I have a 26 bar, I get myself a 25.4 stem. :o
80's Bundy
87 Kestrel 4000
88 Giant Cadex 980c
89 Centurion Carbon
89 Peugeot Carbon Pro
99 Kestrel 200 EMS

Image
User avatar
QuangVuong
 
Posts: 939
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:04 pm
Location: Villawood, Sydney

Re: You beauty - let everyone see what you've got!

Postby open roader » Thu May 01, 2014 10:41 pm

QuangVuong wrote:They did make a 26.0 version, which I've got the 6400 one shimmed to a skinnier bar. And now that I have a 26 bar, I get myself a 25.4 stem. :o


Well at least you know the difference....... unlike this retro noob who hamfistedly fits his 26mm handlebars into 25.4mm stem.......... :shock:
3rd class cycling is always better than 1st class walking
User avatar
open roader
 
Posts: 2339
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:05 pm
Location: Dueling Banjo Country

Re: You beauty - let everyone see what you've got!

Postby singlespeedscott » Fri May 02, 2014 4:47 am

QuangVuong wrote:Yep, all good other than having a 26mm bar and a 25.4 stem. Time to bring out a file.


Don't butcher the stem. Just buy a set of Nitto bars. They can be had for $50, including the delivery, off some international eBay sellers.
Image
User avatar
singlespeedscott
 
Posts: 3097
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:35 pm
Location: Elimbah, Queensland

Re: You beauty - let everyone see what you've got!

Postby theboss290 » Sun May 04, 2014 12:45 am

bet no one has seen one of these before ?? Decale says CONTARINO Hand crafted frame , welded not brazed and by the parts on it I say from mid 80's

maybe Aldo Contarino from WA perth ??

Image
theboss290
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:46 am

Re: You beauty - let everyone see what you've got!

Postby utedeej » Tue May 06, 2014 9:38 pm

Not your usual post ............. but i've got a bit organised and can start to see the light through all the parts 8) So much more space now that they are not all piled up or leaning on everywhere.

Image

Image

now i've just got to keep sorting all that other rubbish... :oops:
User avatar
utedeej
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:56 pm
Location: Near Canberra

Re: You beauty - let everyone see what you've got!

Postby munga » Tue May 06, 2014 10:21 pm

strewth. you spent so much on hooks that you could have bought another wheelset!
pitty43 wrote:Thanks all for your help. Better change my Gumtree add now.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/retroclassiccycling/
User avatar
munga
 
Posts: 6570
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:17 pm
Location: wowe

Re: You beauty - let everyone see what you've got!

Postby Clydesdale Scot » Tue May 06, 2014 10:22 pm

^^ where does the next wheel set go?
Philip
ˈfiləp/ a movement made by bending the last joint of a finger against the thumb and suddenly releasing it
User avatar
Clydesdale Scot
 
Posts: 955
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:55 am
Location: Adelaide, SA

Re: You beauty - let everyone see what you've got!

Postby munga » Tue May 06, 2014 10:26 pm

he hasn't shown us the other side of the workshop..
pitty43 wrote:Thanks all for your help. Better change my Gumtree add now.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/retroclassiccycling/
User avatar
munga
 
Posts: 6570
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:17 pm
Location: wowe

Re: You beauty - let everyone see what you've got!

Postby utedeej » Tue May 06, 2014 10:27 pm

munga wrote:strewth. you spent so much on hooks that you could have bought another wheelset!

Not really, bunnings does a price match on interweb prices these days :D
User avatar
utedeej
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:56 pm
Location: Near Canberra

Re: You beauty - let everyone see what you've got!

Postby utedeej » Tue May 06, 2014 10:30 pm

Clydesdale Scot wrote:^^ where does the next wheel set go?

Nonononono, no more wheelsets for now. About 10 of these have to go on frames which are on the adjoining walls.

Although i'm starting to get worried - wife wants to park a car in the garage now :shock:
User avatar
utedeej
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:56 pm
Location: Near Canberra

Re: You beauty - let everyone see what you've got!

Postby Clydesdale Scot » Tue May 06, 2014 10:38 pm

utedeej wrote: wife wants to park a car in the garage now :shock:

"Honey, come and see your new car..."
Image
Philip
ˈfiləp/ a movement made by bending the last joint of a finger against the thumb and suddenly releasing it
User avatar
Clydesdale Scot
 
Posts: 955
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:55 am
Location: Adelaide, SA

Re: You beauty - let everyone see what you've got!

Postby utedeej » Wed May 07, 2014 5:16 pm

Clydesdale Scot wrote:
utedeej wrote: wife wants to park a car in the garage now :shock:

"Honey, come and see your new car..."
Image


She'd be happy with that - would mean i'd have to take the kids to everything!!!
User avatar
utedeej
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:56 pm
Location: Near Canberra

Re: You beauty - let everyone see what you've got!

Postby vaeske » Thu May 08, 2014 11:07 pm

nice work DJ! glad to see the workshop organised… i think you are one of a rare few who has re-organised their wheel collection/to look that well. Munga's wasn't that off a while ago…meanwhile lets not even get talking about mine...
User avatar
vaeske
 
Posts: 956
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 9:22 am
Location: Brisbane

Re: You beauty - let everyone see what you've got!

Postby hitchhiker » Fri May 09, 2014 5:18 pm

Casati with 10 speed Chorus. The frame was an impulse buy about 6 months ago when I went into the office on a Sunday to catch up on work and spent too much time looking at eBay..

Now finally built with the first ride tomorrow

Image

Image

Image
User avatar
hitchhiker
 
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:18 pm
Location: on the border

Re: You beauty - let everyone see what you've got!

Postby cray- » Fri May 09, 2014 6:33 pm

Just gorgeous, never seen seat stays finish like that.
cray-
 
Posts: 819
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:55 pm
Location: SOR.perth.au

Re: You beauty - let everyone see what you've got!

Postby PatrickB » Fri May 09, 2014 6:55 pm

Nice mate. Let us know how it goes:)
User avatar
PatrickB
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:56 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: You beauty - let everyone see what you've got!

Postby hitchhiker » Fri May 09, 2014 7:18 pm

cray- wrote:Just gorgeous, never seen seat stays finish like that.


Thanks, those seat stays did have a lot to do with my impulse buy..
User avatar
hitchhiker
 
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:18 pm
Location: on the border

Re: You beauty - let everyone see what you've got!

Postby Minority » Fri May 09, 2014 8:51 pm

hitchhiker wrote:
cray- wrote:Just gorgeous, never seen seat stays finish like that.


Thanks, those seat stays did have a lot to do with my impulse buy..


With matching rear brake bridge!
Very nice :wink:
Minority
 
Posts: 289
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:54 pm
Location: Perth

Re: You beauty - let everyone see what you've got!

Postby open roader » Fri May 09, 2014 9:15 pm

hitchhiker wrote:Casati with 10 speed Chorus. The frame was an impulse buy about 6 months ago when I went into the office on a Sunday to catch up on work and spent too much time looking at eBay..

Now finally built with the first ride tomorrow

Image


Ooh la la. Beautiful build and colour is divine.....

Do you know which model Casati frame this is?
3rd class cycling is always better than 1st class walking
User avatar
open roader
 
Posts: 2339
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:05 pm
Location: Dueling Banjo Country

Re: You beauty - let everyone see what you've got!

Postby geoff_tewierik » Fri May 09, 2014 9:19 pm

And only one Casati available on eBay right now...
geoff_tewierik
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:00 pm

Re: You beauty - let everyone see what you've got!

Postby hitchhiker » Fri May 09, 2014 9:49 pm

open roader wrote:
Ooh la la. Beautiful build and colour is divine.....

Do you know which model Casati frame this is?


Thanks for the compliments, I followed your Colnago build closely and was impressed by the care you put into your component selection. My builds are rarely so well planned. The exception is the 3ttt stem which is an extravagance I couldn't resist

As to the model, no I have no idea. My post purchase googling has led me to believe that this frame was repainted a few years ago by Paconi, it also has 130mm rear spacing so I'm assuming that was reset around the same time.

Casati information is fairly scarce. While I'd like to learn more, I'm more interested to find out how it rides. If it rides well I won't care what it is and it will be a keeper
User avatar
hitchhiker
 
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:18 pm
Location: on the border

Re: You beauty - let everyone see what you've got!

Postby open roader » Fri May 09, 2014 10:10 pm

hitchhiker wrote:
open roader wrote:
Ooh la la. Beautiful build and colour is divine.....

Do you know which model Casati frame this is?


Thanks for the compliments, I followed your Colnago build closely and was impressed by the care you put into your component selection. My builds are rarely so well planned. The exception is the 3ttt stem which is an extravagance I couldn't resist

As to the model, no I have no idea. My post purchase googling has led me to believe that this frame was repainted a few years ago by Paconi, it also has 130mm rear spacing so I'm assuming that was reset around the same time.

Casati information is fairly scarce. While I'd like to learn more, I'm more interested to find out how it rides. If it rides well I won't care what it is and it will be a keeper


Well, tomorrow's ride will be proof but if looks count for anything it's a keeper........ :D
3rd class cycling is always better than 1st class walking
User avatar
open roader
 
Posts: 2339
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:05 pm
Location: Dueling Banjo Country

Re: You beauty - let everyone see what you've got!

Postby redrover3 » Fri May 09, 2014 11:28 pm

Luvvverly detail. That's a really classy looking bike. Well done.
Tony
redrover3
 
Posts: 253
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:23 pm

Re: You beauty - let everyone see what you've got!

Postby singlespeedscott » Sat May 10, 2014 9:36 am

hitchhiker wrote:Casati with 10 speed Chorus. The frame was an impulse buy about 6 months ago when I went into the office on a Sunday to catch up on work and spent too much time looking at eBay..

Now finally built with the first ride tomorrow

Image

Image

Image


Very nice indeed. eBay whilst at work on the weekend can get expensive :)
Image
User avatar
singlespeedscott
 
Posts: 3097
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:35 pm
Location: Elimbah, Queensland

PreviousNext

Return to Retro biking

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users



Popular Bike Shops
Torpedo 7 Torpedo7 AU
Ground Effect Ground Effect NZ
Chain Reaction Cycles CRC UK
Wiggle Wiggle UK
Ebay Ebay AU



InTouch with BNA
“Bicycles BNA Twitter
“Bicycles BNA Facebook
“Google+ BNA Google+
“Bicycles BNA Newsletter