ACRUISA Ladies bike

Vintage, yesteryear and retro biking

ACRUISA Ladies bike

Postby Bigkev57 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:58 pm

Hey Folks..Last week saw an original post on an ACRUISA vintage bike dated 2011 in the forum..and then a couple of weeks ago found one myself and as the original poster said..couldnt find any info anywhere on their bike..likewise im in the same boat..mine is a single Coaster rear bike in Royal Blue livery with the name ACRUISA in white letters on the downtube and seattube..rims are Ukai 27" tyres Dunlop Pacific..rear coaster hub is Shimano ..look im guessin Japan Taiwan early 80"s prior to the Malvern Star Repco INDY etc Ozzie days but info is nowhere i can find...Serial No is A840918328 and any help would be greatly appreciated folks rgds kev.
Bigkev57

by BNA » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:21 am

BNA

Re: ACRUISA Ladies bike

Postby GaryF » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:21 am

I wonder if the 84 in the serial number indicates the build date?
GaryF

Postby Bigkev57 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:18 am

Your guess is as good as mine Gary..its a nice cruiser mate ...and very stylish from the period..i have started releasing the chrome from its bronze overcoat..and mate let me tell you ..it has a deep lustre to it..im quite impressed..and the chainy is so flash..the chrome again is deep in its visual mirror...so i dont know who did the original chrome on this..but it aint cheap..theres no flaking anywhere...so deep dipped or quality electroplated..i will see if i can get some pics up with the proprietary photo uploaders available..thanks for the response..rgds Kev.
Bigkev57

Postby GaryF » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:26 pm

There's nothing better than good chrome plating and nothing worse and more frustrating than a poor chrome plating job. It sounds like your bike is quite a stunner and it will be nice to see the photos.
GaryF

Return to Retro biking