Elizabethan /coronation Chain ring diameter

Vintage, yesteryear and retro biking

Elizabethan /coronation Chain ring diameter

Postby Retro » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:11 pm

Hi, can one of you nice people out there in posession or a Malvern Star Elizabethan or Coronation bike please measure the diameter of the chain ring, (the front one if the back is also called a chain ring), so I know what I'm looking for.
Also can you please tell me if the pedal arm is bent or off set so it misses the frame. I bought one to so I could, at least, use my bike, but the pedal on the side of the chain ring hits the frame.
Thanks, Sandra
Retro

by BNA » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:06 pm

BNA

Re: Elizabethan /coronation Chain ring diameter

Postby Torana68 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:06 pm

[quote="Retro"]Hi, can one of you nice people out there in posession or a Malvern Star Elizabethan or Coronation bike please measure the diameter of the chain ring, (the front one if the back is also called a chain ring), so I know what I'm looking for.
you need the number of teeth not dia (sorry dont know what this would be)

Also can you please tell me if the pedal arm is bent or off set so it misses the frame. I bought one to so I could, at least, use my bike, but the pedal on the side of the chain ring hits the frame.
not sure whats hapenning but did you change the bottom bracket axle? these vary in width, other than that do you mean the pedal axle thread is hitting the frame? or? pickie would be good, yo can use photobucket or whatever ans post a link
Torana68

Return to Retro biking