Can anyone recommend a painter in Perth?

Vintage, yesteryear and retro biking

Can anyone recommend a painter in Perth?

Postby lunar_c » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:02 am

Hi all,

Have decided to paint rather than powder coat out next two projects. They'll be single colour or possibly two with a little masking, and my fiancés bike will need decals cleared over.

Can anyone recommend a painter in Perth willing to do bike frames? Someone with a blasting cabinet who can strip them would be even better!

Regards,
Ben
lunar_c

by BNA » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:30 pm

BNA

Re: Can anyone recommend a painter in Perth?

Postby HappyHumber » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:30 pm

Hey Ben,

I'd defer to one of the local frame builders; Aldo or Sats at Quantum Bicycle Manufacturers in North Perth. If you recall my orange Surly Steamroller was done by them in a single colour two-pack. They matched the colour I wanted quite well and it's a good, smooth & tough finish.

Otherwise Cycles Bespoke in Bayswater, of whom I am still yet to go and check out myself. Whether they do their paint in house or not I don't know - but if not I'm sure they would take their frames to someone used to doing bikes.

Otherwise... fellow forumite Rob Frith seems a bit more current in his personal research here in Dullsville. I'm still quietly lurking on his Swansea 6 star thread.
Do you enjoy talking in circles? Love arguing over silly semantics with like minded people?
Try an online forum today!
HappyHumber

Return to Retro biking