Pinarello Treviso Italia

toumbhar10

Pinarello Treviso Italia

Postby toumbhar10 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:57 pm

I picked up a '91/'92 (I think) Treviso Italia today. It has Columbus sl tubes (57 top tube, 58 seat tube), Campy Athena Aero groupset, Mirage Brakes, Cinelli stem and bars, and Campagnolo Eurus 20 wheels.

I chose to go for an older bike for my first road bike, as it has a much better spec list compared to some of the entry level bikes going around at the moment, and it was still cheaper than what I was expecting to pay. Not a bad first roadie I think.

The photos really don't do the paint justice, although it has a few chips here and there. Mind the Iphone quality photos.

grantw

Re: Pinarello Treviso Italia

Postby grantw » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:00 pm

Nice.

humanbeing

Postby humanbeing » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:06 pm

toumbhar10 wrote:
I chose to go for an older bike for my first road bike, as it has a much better spec list compared to some of the entry level bikes going around at the moment, and it was still cheaper than what I was expecting to pay. Not a bad first roadie I think.
You're not kidding!
That's an awesome bike, my size too. If you decide it's not right for you.
Seriously, good score.
Have a great ride,
Peter
2012 Jim Bundy
1995 Bosevski - Athena
mid/late eighties Colnago Cromor

toumbhar10

Postby toumbhar10 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:24 pm

One from this morning before a short ride up Norton Summit. I replaced the seat/seat post with the original campy aero post, and I changed the height. I also took some poverty spec flat pedals off of my mums bike for the week, until payday comes around and I can afford some shoes (The bike came with speedplay pedals and cleats.)

grantw

Postby grantw » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:04 pm

You might want to give the chain and cluster a clean at some point 8)

toumbhar10

Postby toumbhar10 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:00 pm

grantw wrote:You might want to give the chain and cluster a clean at some point 8)
Definitely, they're filthy. What's the best method? Taking the chain and cassette off, degreasing both, fresh grease on the hub, and then some fresh chain oil?
I may as well give the whole bike a good clean while I'm at it.

grantw

Postby grantw » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:01 pm

Yep removal and soak in your favourite cleanser, scrub with a toothbrush, dry with a rag. I'm using a citrusy degreaser at the moment and it does a good job though there are threads with other recommendations hereabouts.

Edit: You shouldn't have to grease anything though except perhaps a smidge on the freewheel locknut, a light dry lube on the chain will be enough.

Also you might want to consider that the chain and cassette may well be worn so have a good look before you put to much effort into it.

harcs

Postby harcs » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:20 pm

What a beautifull looking bike. Can't wait to finish my Chesini with all the nice Campy stuff. You should be riding this Friday in the Tour Down Under seeing you live in Adelaide (Norton Summit). I rode last year on a Cannondale so next year should be on the Chesini. See you there.